My first mod to my car... Indash DVD Player! (review + 7 pics) - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-06-2006   #1  
Registered!!

Chesskid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
My first mod to my car... Indash DVD Player! (review + 7 pics)

I picked up the pioneer 5700 from another member here for about $400 dollars. It is selling for $900 at crutchfield.com, but only $680 (!!) brand new at Wal-Mart. Great deal. Here are some pics of mine, along with a review:

Sorry about the pics being huge, i'm not very sure about how to resize.

General Shot:

Toggle Switch I mounted in order to tricking the dvd player is in park (drilled a hole screwed it in):

Error when toggle switch isn't engaged..

How to pick FM stations (touch screen baby)

DVD player motoring down

All the way in

Things I like about this:

+Plays all your burned DVDs
+Touchscreen is really nice
+Easy install, only took me about an hour to replace head unit, and mount toggle switch by drilling a hole (i've never installed a head unit before).
+Beautiful screen
+Everyone I've showed it to is like.. wow that's really nice
+You can adjust the angle of the screen from i would say 120 degrees to horizontal
+Add ons, control Ipod /w touchscreen, navigation, or rear view camera, and video hooksup for playstation, etc
+Adjusts to day and night viewing
+Detachable Faceplate (and blinking red security light when it's off to deter thieves)
-Hard to learn the controls, once you do it's easy though
-With the screen in you can't see anything, you can adjust volume, but you can't see what FM channel you're on etc, but i don't plan on having the screen down much.
-Bland Background, no cool screensavers while music is playing. (there's 1 but it sucks.

it's a really good unit and i definatly recommand picking it up, espically since it's cheap as hell at walmart. Cheers.

Last edited by Chesskid1; 07-06-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Chesskid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #2  
Registered!!

phantasticphan is an unknown quantity at this point
you should put it in the lower DIN
phantasticphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006   #3  
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
nice upgrade!
rjngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #4  
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
nice, where at walmart can i get that?
CiViCPrAnInG2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #5  
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
haha congrats! I love that the first pic you have posted of your dvd player is with family guy on the screen. I did the exact same thing!

You're going to love it! Enjoy!
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006   #6  
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
nice thats a good mod
Civicman1988 is offline   Reply With Quote