Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Blacked out GRILL

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006
I like my commute

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Blacked out GRILL

Bought a can of the infamous Krylon Fusion gloss black paint the other day with the intention to black out the ol' headlights, but after looking at that Accolade show car I decided to do something else

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0609.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	67009

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0610.jpg
Views:	1830
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	67011

The headlights are next btw, what do you guys think?

Last edited by Kevbotron; 06-30-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
looks good. with blacked out headlighst its going to look even better.
Old 06-30-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
hmmmm.... it looks good but something is off maybe ***** is right bout the headlights...
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
yup...do the lights too and it'll look right
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
yeah, looks ok, but i think blacking out the headlights will make it match
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
i like that... now watch everyone else start doing it.
Old 06-30-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lookin good
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

Dfresh7 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks nice, kinda reminds me of a grill from an 8th gen
Old 07-02-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys, I agree as soon as I was done with it I was whoa It's an 8th gen haha, headlights will be done soon I'll post pics on this thread when done
Old 03-31-2007
I like my commute

Re: Blacked out GRILL

Told you guys I'd post pics

Old 03-31-2007
Registered!!

Honda2k4 is an unknown quantity at this point

it was worth trying something different, looks really good
Old 03-31-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

looks good man
Old 03-31-2007
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

looks nice
Old 03-31-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

is that just a normal 01-03 grill???? It just seems wierd cuz u have a 04 or 05.

Hey can u post up a quick diy?

Last edited by jamis33; 03-31-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2007
Premium Member

its the stock 04-05 sedan grill, he just painted the middle black
Old 03-31-2007
I like my commute

Thanks guys, yeah I just painted the middle part of the grill, I've been thinking about getting a 04/05 coupe grille, but I dunno yet.

It needs another coating of paint tho, if you look real close you can see the tiny chips in it
Old 03-31-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i think it looks nice....wish i could do something like that. im too nervous to f*** something up and drive around looking stupid. I have a silver vic and wish i can do those things. i want to black out my headlights but...yea...i might need them. and dont want to look stupid. ive never done anything liek blacking out my headlights or painting my grill... i bought one of those ebay jdm grill things and it came with two of the mounting things in the back broken. its sitting in my garage....more power to you.. it looks awesome.
Old 03-31-2007
Premium Member

could always find cheap headlights on ebay and paint those so if you mess up its not a big deal
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point

i did something like this awhile back ..

it was good for awhile but i still wasn't satisfied. so i got the coupe's grille afterwards.

BUT NICE WORK ON YOURS THOUGH! KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!
Old 04-01-2007
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough

I did that to my grill back in 2002. Probably gonna be the only one to make a negative comment about how it looks. I did have blacked out headlights at the time, so painting the grill kinda went together.

The basic thing is, with the gloss paint, if u look up close u can really tell that ur painted that **** urself, then it looks really cheap. If you go with a non gloss paint then it looks cleaner, but at the same time its a clash of the gloss of the car vs the non gloss of the grill.

Another thing u have just done is painted ur stock shyt, so if u ever wanna sell the car u gotta either buy a new one, or the buyer will ask wtf u did unless u sell it to someone young.

I went with an altezza grill and painted the lip to match (with spraypaint). Looks better, and it only cost like 40 bucks.
Old 04-01-2007
I like my commute

well you bring up some very valid points there.. I know I'll have to purchase a replacement grill down the road, but I'll deal with that later and I decided to use the gloss paint to match the glossiness of the car to make it look like it belongs. I could get a 01-03 altezza grill but it doesn't fit an 04-05 properly
Old 04-01-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i think im gonna try this with my 01 coupe grill cuz my car is prolly gonna get repainted anyways so if it looks like **** it wont have to for long. Did you guys sand urs down and primer it first or just use the krylon fusion??? did u use clear coats
Old 04-01-2007
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough

it looks like a grill off a 05 accord, my friend has one
Old 04-02-2007
I like my commute

Originally Posted by jamis33
i think im gonna try this with my 01 coupe grill cuz my car is prolly gonna get repainted anyways so if it looks like **** it wont have to for long. Did you guys sand urs down and primer it first or just use the krylon fusion??? did u use clear coats
I just went with the Krylon fusion w/o sanding, but if I did it again I WOULD use a clear coat, b/c the paint has been chipping a bit from debris from driving... I think the clear coat would help protect it, but as far as as peeling goes, don't worry about it, Krylon Fusion adheres very well to plastic

Good luck and post pics if and when you do it
Old 04-02-2007
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Mmmmm steelies...

Looks real nice, man. I like it.
Old 04-02-2007
I like my commute

yeah shopping for rims at the moment

thanks for the comment too!
Old 04-02-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

Looking good Kev!
Old 04-02-2007
I like my commute

thanks man... what are you working on? anything? or are you just watching the Pheonix Suns
Old 04-02-2007
cant boost cuz it'll wreck the name

BOOSTLESSD17 is an unknown quantity at this point

With headlights and grill it looks good now something a little different lookin!
Old 04-02-2007
Registered!!

PaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond reputePaCiFiKbAllA has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the club mang...looks clean!

Quick Reply: Blacked out GRILL