Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

ebay greddy evo 2 rip-off

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ebay greddy evo 2 rip-off

has anyone tried the exhaust that ebay claims to be an exact replica of the greddy evo 2 exhaust?
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
i havent but i wouldnt buy it if i were you. just spend the money to get the real thing IMO
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
why would anyone consider or buy something knowing its a knockoff
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
^^^um....becuz maybe they can't afford the real thing. the answer is pretty obvious
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

Rob2005SEcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
also....more money doesn't mean better quality.. the only way you'll know if it's decent or not is if you buy it... a lot of knockoff stuff is pretty hit or miss but every now and then you'll find one that actually is just as good as the name brand... remember if you buy a Greddy or DC-Sports or any other brand name stuff half of the price is the name on the tip...and if the performance aftermarket is anything like the electronics market it could actually be produced in the same factory and be put in different packaging with a different name on it...
Old 06-12-2006
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
yup^^ I think of it all the same...
Old 06-12-2006
AKA e ViSion Socal 7thgen Photoman

OCNja is an unknown quantity at this point
just remember you get what you pay for......
Old 06-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
its a piece of pipe and a open flow muffler. its all the same, jsut like most CAI's on teh market thier just pieces of pipe. Its liek telling me that my exhaust/turbo setup is crap because it is cusotm fabbed not greddy. But its still 2 1/2 inch and has amazing flow and great gains. don't spend $600 on an exhaust system for our cars it won't matter becuae your not going to get gains anyways. My buddy jsut bought a knock off for his 240 for his sr20det swap. It fits fine looks nice, and for $300 shipped to his house for 3 inch exhaust you can't beat it.
Old 06-12-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
you can beat it. i see evo 2 exhausts on sale here for $300 shipped. even less if you pick it up. not saying that all knock off parts are worthless, but they are cheaper because they are made cheaper. they use cheaper material, and cheaper techniques to build it. and what if you get the exhaust, it it sounds or performs like crap? you'd buy another one. imo, you should just get quality parts to begin with so you dont have to keep on buying cheap stuff.
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by OCNja
just remember you get what you pay for......

yep...........

cheap parts + no gains = Ebay

Expensive parts + no Gains = Greddy AEM DC-Sports etc....

don't waste your money on brand names for D17 performance unless it's internals. you won't get anything in return but a sticker and the ability to say "I have a 'insert random brand name here' part on my car"
Old 06-12-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
my greddy evo 2 is made of 100% stainless steel, and if i polish it up, it'll look like this.

how long will that chrome stay on the knock off?
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
its a piece of pipe and a open flow muffler. its all the same, jsut like most CAI's on teh market thier just pieces of pipe. Its liek telling me that my exhaust/turbo setup is crap because it is cusotm fabbed not greddy. But its still 2 1/2 inch and has amazing flow and great gains. don't spend $600 on an exhaust system for our cars it won't matter becuae your not going to get gains anyways. My buddy jsut bought a knock off for his 240 for his sr20det swap. It fits fine looks nice, and for $300 shipped to his house for 3 inch exhaust you can't beat it.
completely agree
Old 06-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i had a knock off muffler for over a year that went through sleet snow rain and salt, still looked as shiney as the first day i got it when i cleaned it up. stainless steel is cheap so everything is made of it.
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rennen
my greddy evo 2 is made of 100% stainless steel, and if i polish it up, it'll look like this.

how long will that chrome stay on the knock off?

first of all it's not chrome it's polished stainless steel.. there is a differance...

secondly... it's under the car! who cares!?

Exhaust systems arent supposed to be pretty.. you don't see them so it doesn't matter...
Old 06-12-2006
New Mod on the Block

well, ok. do what you want. i still think that you should still spend the $50 more and get the REAL thing, and not a cheapo copy of it.
Old 06-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

yeah chrome will burn off first time the exhaust gets hot.
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

rev125yz is an unknown quantity at this point
for the record the knock-off is about half the price of the real thing which is what makes it so appealing...otherwise i would just get the real thing
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
everyone on here that is saying don't buy knock-offs, all i have to say if you better not have any type of knock off parts on your car. No matter is its indiglos, TYPE R STYLE grill, shift *****...etc. It just very biased if you guys will say buy brand name since it's ALWAYS better. I do agree that SOME brand name things are better, but most of it is all the same. PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
just get a megan racing exhaust.....real company cheap price and great sound
Old 06-12-2006
New Mod on the Block

so how much did you pay for your megan? i paid $275 for my greddy. im not saying that all knock off brands are bad. i have ebay replica fogs on my car, but on parts that are essential to the car running properly, i'd rather not cheap out on.
Old 06-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

damn $275 for a full greddy catback is cheap as hell. you sure you just don't have the axel back?
Old 06-12-2006
New Mod on the Block

yup, its a full catback. got it used from ruffryde009 off this site. it might as well have been new. the pic that i posted in the first page is the actual exhaust i bought from him. i've even seen these sell for $250. which is why i say you should go "name brand" because it is NOT that much more expensive.

Last edited by Rennen; 06-12-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-12-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

gocha, but new thats like $530 shipped.
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rennen
so how much did you pay for your megan? i paid $275 for my greddy. im not saying that all knock off brands are bad. i have ebay replica fogs on my car, but on parts that are essential to the car running properly, i'd rather not cheap out on.
I believe it was just under 300 shipped off ebay a year ago or so....great deal for a well constructed cat-back that's all stainless
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
i think for a person with a tight budget the best way to go is to be patient and scout for used deals on a good exhaust... that is what Jason did (rennen) and thats what I did. I sold him my EVO2 for a APEXI WSII i got for $300 to my door, excellent condition.

If you just cant seem to find anything a tsudo or greddy knock off wouldnt be bad... its just ss piping with a muffler/resonator on it like any other exhaust. Cheaper exhaust doesnt always mean cheaper quality... the no-name exhausts are probably made in the same sweat shop if not next to it. No-name company doesnt have to pay for high advertising costs, engraved brand on the product etc.

Last edited by ruffryde009; 06-12-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

^^^ this is the point I was trying to get accross earlier..