Ordered: CF front lip - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2006   #1  
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Ordered: CF front lip

Well I just ordered it. This is roughly what it will look like. hope you all like it!
photoshop of what it should look like:

I know its sloppy but you get the idea.

Last edited by diskreet; 06-01-2006 at 11:58 AM.
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #2  
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
meh i dont really like it
RHCP0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #3  
O.O

delusional1 has a spectacular aura aboutdelusional1 has a spectacular aura aboutdelusional1 has a spectacular aura about
its not bad very conservative look
delusional1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #4  

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I can't afford a full kit, but I am sick of the front end. I don't want a painted lip cause it will look like I can't afford the rest. That is true, but I don't want anyone else to know.
Old 06-01-2006   #5  
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Get the front skirt from the Veloz 01 - to 03 ..

Or the HFP front skirt 01 to 03 that would be sweet
_Viper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #6  

I think the hfp is too boxy looking and the other front skirt is too plain. not worth the money imo. do you understand what i mean?
Old 06-01-2006   #7  
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
if u like do it
KINGCHILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #8  

The only 2 things holding me back are the facts that it is a lot of money since I don't make much at all right now, and that streetstyler has had some bad reviews. I was ok with them before, but not everyone is so lucky.
Old 06-01-2006   #9  
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
i keep it stock cuz it less hassle. dont have to worry about scrapn it, and it being stolen, damaged etc.
KINGCHILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #10  
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
if you did the DIY painting your headlights black and added some tint it might look pretty good. Just a thought.
TransformedBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #11  
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
i like it, looks like mine except mine is not cf, it's simple and clean
jrb121180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #12  

Did you use screws and double sided tape or just screws?
If so, where can I get some good 3M tape?
Old 06-01-2006   #13  
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
^^
I think it would look nice. Since your mirrors are black, if you black out your headlights..It would look nicely with the cf.
jhonsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #14  

Thats very true. Maybe I should chop that.

Edit:

Too much black imo.

Last edited by diskreet; 06-01-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-01-2006   #15  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
i think it looks sweet
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #16  

I looks meaner, for sure. Well maybe ill get the lip, and if I want to I can do the headlights any weekend I have free. No big deal. Just getting them open again may be really really hard!

I looked at it again, and its starting to grow on me. damn modding a car is so addicting.
Old 06-01-2006   #17  
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
Fog Lights add a lot to the front
nick95673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #18  

I am trying to keep this as cheap as possilble
I want fogs, but thats too much money right now. Maybe later in the summer.

I also have to save up for a new TV and I don't want a crappy one so I can't spent much more money on my car.
Old 06-01-2006   #19  
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I'd say just wait until you can get a full kit. Do the headlight blacking out now. I just sold my projectors and I went back to my blacked out headlights and let me tell you...First the light output is way better. Second, it does make my car look meaner. Way meaner. Like kick my *** for breathing wrong kinda mean
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #20  

I am never getting a full kit. After this summer I won't be modding any more. I just want to dress it up for the summer and following 2 years. Ill be at a new campus where I have no job and never drive, except for home, for the next 2 years!

Well I ordered it. I hope it looks greaT!

Last edited by diskreet; 06-01-2006 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2006   #21  
Registered!!

i just used screws 2 in each wheel well
Old 06-01-2006   #22  

Ok thanks. And that is holding up fine?
Old 06-01-2006   #23  
Registered!!

never had a problem with it coming loose or anything. the only problem i had was when i was taking the bumper of to install my RS grill, the screws holding the lip on had gone through the plastic cover that goes under the bumper and it was getting hung. had to take the sccrews out to take it off. no big deal just a heads up.
Old 06-01-2006   #24  
Registered!!

SilverCivic504 is an unknown quantity at this point
cool
SilverCivic504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #25  

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Less black.. and ditch the eyelids
Old 06-01-2006   #26  
Registered!!

project: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura aboutproject: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura aboutproject: EM2k4 has a spectacular aura about
yes ditch the eyelids...
project: EM2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #27  

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by diskreet
Did you use screws and double sided tape or just screws?
If so, where can I get some good 3M tape?
that's how I had mine and it got stolen. I'd recomend extra clips on the bottom and some special screws so they can't steal it
You can get the 3M doublesided tape at HomeDepot
cubanmike26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006   #28  

ok. thanks for the heads up both cubanmike26 and jrb121180.
To everyone else commenting to lose the eyelids:
Unless you know something that can remove this then there is no way on this planet that they are coming off. No tape for me, I went all out with JB Kwik. I don't think that at 300 degrees F the headlight housings will do well so heat is out of the question.
Old 06-01-2006   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskreet
ok. thanks for the heads up both cubanmike26 and jrb121180.
To everyone else commenting to lose the eyelids:
Unless you know something that can remove this then there is no way on this planet that they are coming off. No tape for me, I went all out with JB Kwik. I don't think that at 300 degrees F the headlight housings will do well so heat is out of the question.
Umm yeah im going to go out on a limb here and say that was probably the retardedest thing any one could have ever done! But there is a solution.. its called EBAY! NEW LIGHTS!
Old 06-01-2006   #30  

Or not cause I didnt want them falling off in the winter when it gets below 0 or in the summer over 100.