Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

can't decide....so you tell me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
can't decide....so you tell me!

Ok, I have an 02 vic coupe slver and need mods now!

i want to do it right the first time so i come to yall with questions.

I want to modify the ext. first, and want to start off with the basics then go to details later.

My thoughts on doing first:
1) Buy 17's
2) Drop
3) then Body kit

or..... buy 17's and then buy body kit

or.....drop and buy body kit.

or.....buy 17's and then drop

i guess it all depends on how much i wanna spend, And i really dont want to spend much.

I wonder if my stock 14's would be ok...then just get a drop? i will post a pic of my car.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100kb.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	66272   Click image for larger version

Name:	100p.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	66276  

Last edited by depotcivic; 05-16-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

Sypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the rough
17's, drop, lip kit
Old 05-16-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i say drop, rims, kit in that order.
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
would it be better to place 17's first before I drop? or the other way around?

or would it matter?
Old 05-16-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
dosen't really matter.
Old 05-16-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I got 17's, then drop, and eventually I'll get a lip kit.

My car looked okay with the 17's and no drop, but when I put my stock wheels back on to paint my rims, my car looked retarded dropped without rims.
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

fa sho!

I wonder if I should trade my stock rims when I buy my new ones? or keep em'?

Discount tire wanted to give me $100 for them. <hell na>
Old 05-16-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Keep them and mount some snow tires on them. That's what I'm going to do this winter
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

lol

If I had snow down here i would....

Now I need to go shop for rims and tires. anyone selling?
Old 05-16-2006
Don't Let Your Future Be Destroyed By My Past...

TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
I say 03 Tails, 17's, drop, kit
Old 05-16-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Number 3
Old 05-16-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
uhhh. he has 03 tails, 01-03 is the same thing, but tails are stupid to do first, you will never notice them. i say do drop, then rims then kit, but if you must rims then drop then kit. but do not put a kit on a car thats not dropped, or a car with no rims. cause then i will personally fly to texas and and rip the kit off myself lol
Old 05-16-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
drop it first, and drop it right. get good springs/shocks or coilovers and a good camber kit FRONT and REAR. and an alignment. then wheels with GOOD tires. and finally, whatever kit you want.
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Drop...then Rims...then Lip kit or Body kit

Are you planning to get a Lip kit or Body kit??....if u plan on a Lip kit I would stick wid 15,16, or 17" rims....but if plan on a Body kit I would go with 18" rims....looks better IMO....but anyways Goodluck modding....

Btw....I have a set of 18" Velox Vx8 Black w/ polished lip rims For Sale in excellent condition if your interested...just pm me
Old 05-16-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
drop rims kit, thats what im most likely gonna do
Old 05-16-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
drop. rims. kit. in that order.
Old 05-16-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CenZ
uhhh. he has 03 tails, 01-03 is the same thing, but tails are stupid to do first, you will never notice them. i say do drop, then rims then kit, but if you must rims then drop then kit. but do not put a kit on a car thats not dropped, or a car with no rims. cause then i will personally fly to texas and and rip the kit off myself lol
i got a kit with rims, and NO drop....... nothing wrong with it at all just that everyone seems to insist everything needs a drop, which it doesnt

but you should go with a drop then wheels then kit if you must
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

mateusz is an unknown quantity at this point
get rims and bodykit
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

korn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
drop and then rims
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

dk1021 is an unknown quantity at this point
For me, its Rims -> Drop -> Body Kit

(Put on rims after drop though)
Old 05-16-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
keep the rims, get a drop and oem kit. if you get bigger rims, car becomes alot slower. keep those 14s. they look good too
Old 05-17-2006
Don't Let Your Future Be Destroyed By My Past...

TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CenZ
well i saw the pictures he posted and it looks to me that he has altezzas...
but if he has 03 tails already
Old 05-17-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
When I first started, I bought 18" rims BEFORE getting a drop. DO NOT do that you will look like a retard driving a monstertruck-ed, lift-kitted Civic.

Drop, rims, body/lip kit. And do us a favor... either get normal tails or coat those black.
Old 05-17-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
According to everyone on here I did mine backwards: Rims -> Bodykit -> Drop. O'well.

But I am happy I did it that way. Yeah I looked like a monster truck for a while but I learned how to drive with a low body kit (not a lip kit if you go that route) and get use to the roads conditions. Then I lowered mine lower and lower gradually with different springs and shocks.

Now I am happy to say I have had this fiberglass body kit with minimal scrapatge for over 4 years now.
Old 05-17-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yea drop first at least. then rims or body kit. but the drop is basically needed to not look like its raised lol.
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

unluckyninja619 is an unknown quantity at this point
18's, drop it w coilovers and lip kit