can't decide....so you tell me! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2006   #1
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
can't decide....so you tell me!

Ok, I have an 02 vic coupe slver and need mods now!

i want to do it right the first time so i come to yall with questions.

I want to modify the ext. first, and want to start off with the basics then go to details later.

My thoughts on doing first:
1) Buy 17's
2) Drop
3) then Body kit

or..... buy 17's and then buy body kit

or.....drop and buy body kit.

or.....buy 17's and then drop

i guess it all depends on how much i wanna spend, And i really dont want to spend much.

I wonder if my stock 14's would be ok...then just get a drop? i will post a pic of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100kb.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	66272   Click image for larger version

Name:	100p.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	66276  

Last edited by depotcivic; 05-16-2006 at 06:08 PM.
depotcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #2
Registered!!

Sypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the roughSypher is a jewel in the rough
17's, drop, lip kit
Sypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #3
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i say drop, rims, kit in that order.
ajhdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #4
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
would it be better to place 17's first before I drop? or the other way around?

or would it matter?
Old 05-16-2006   #5
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
dosen't really matter.
ajhdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #6
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I got 17's, then drop, and eventually I'll get a lip kit.

My car looked okay with the 17's and no drop, but when I put my stock wheels back on to paint my rims, my car looked retarded dropped without rims.
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #7
Registered!!

fa sho!

I wonder if I should trade my stock rims when I buy my new ones? or keep em'?

Discount tire wanted to give me $100 for them. <hell na>
Old 05-16-2006   #8
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Keep them and mount some snow tires on them. That's what I'm going to do this winter
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #9
Registered!!

lol

If I had snow down here i would....

Now I need to go shop for rims and tires. anyone selling?
Old 05-16-2006   #10
Don't Let Your Future Be Destroyed By My Past...

TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
I say 03 Tails, 17's, drop, kit
TRANX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #11
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
Number 3
Cptn. Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #12
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
uhhh. he has 03 tails, 01-03 is the same thing, but tails are stupid to do first, you will never notice them. i say do drop, then rims then kit, but if you must rims then drop then kit. but do not put a kit on a car thats not dropped, or a car with no rims. cause then i will personally fly to texas and and rip the kit off myself lol
CenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #13
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
drop it first, and drop it right. get good springs/shocks or coilovers and a good camber kit FRONT and REAR. and an alignment. then wheels with GOOD tires. and finally, whatever kit you want.
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #14
Registered!!

CLeeNx04CiVic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Drop...then Rims...then Lip kit or Body kit

Are you planning to get a Lip kit or Body kit??....if u plan on a Lip kit I would stick wid 15,16, or 17" rims....but if plan on a Body kit I would go with 18" rims....looks better IMO....but anyways Goodluck modding....

Btw....I have a set of 18" Velox Vx8 Black w/ polished lip rims For Sale in excellent condition if your interested...just pm me
CLeeNx04CiVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #15
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
drop rims kit, thats what im most likely gonna do
RHCP0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #16
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
drop. rims. kit. in that order.
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #17
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenZ
uhhh. he has 03 tails, 01-03 is the same thing, but tails are stupid to do first, you will never notice them. i say do drop, then rims then kit, but if you must rims then drop then kit. but do not put a kit on a car thats not dropped, or a car with no rims. cause then i will personally fly to texas and and rip the kit off myself lol
i got a kit with rims, and NO drop....... nothing wrong with it at all just that everyone seems to insist everything needs a drop, which it doesnt

but you should go with a drop then wheels then kit if you must
dp_yz713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #18
Registered!!

mateusz is an unknown quantity at this point
get rims and bodykit
mateusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #19
Registered!!

korn10 is an unknown quantity at this point
drop and then rims
korn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #20
Registered!!

dk1021 is an unknown quantity at this point
For me, its Rims -> Drop -> Body Kit

(Put on rims after drop though)
dk1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #21
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
keep the rims, get a drop and oem kit. if you get bigger rims, car becomes alot slower. keep those 14s. they look good too
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #22
Don't Let Your Future Be Destroyed By My Past...

TRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of lightTRANX is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenZ
well i saw the pictures he posted and it looks to me that he has altezzas...
but if he has 03 tails already
TRANX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #23
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
When I first started, I bought 18" rims BEFORE getting a drop. DO NOT do that you will look like a retard driving a monstertruck-ed, lift-kitted Civic.

Drop, rims, body/lip kit. And do us a favor... either get normal tails or coat those black.
LogicWavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #24
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
According to everyone on here I did mine backwards: Rims -> Bodykit -> Drop. O'well.

But I am happy I did it that way. Yeah I looked like a monster truck for a while but I learned how to drive with a low body kit (not a lip kit if you go that route) and get use to the roads conditions. Then I lowered mine lower and lower gradually with different springs and shocks.

Now I am happy to say I have had this fiberglass body kit with minimal scrapatge for over 4 years now.
texascivic2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #25
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yea drop first at least. then rims or body kit. but the drop is basically needed to not look like its raised lol.
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #26
Registered!!

unluckyninja619 is an unknown quantity at this point
18's, drop it w coilovers and lip kit
unluckyninja619 is offline   Reply With Quote