Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

3" Full Turbo Exhaust.. UPDATE POST # 26

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
haha just call me mr 60ft lol.. i uh hit all kinda stuff. today i passed over fountain drink cup thinkin yeah it will clear. all of sudden, BOINK! hmm why run 2 pipes? you would have serious issues getting passed the frame rail as I did with just the 3 inch. Then again you could let it hang down further, since you are prolly not as low as me.
Old 05-25-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Umm well my the center of my head lights sit about 24 inches off the ground. lol. that help? lol. I was thiking 2 smaller pipes cause 1 it would equal about the same flow of a sing 3" pipe and if i put them side by side. i could get them off the ground a little higher than 3" pipe. I just wonder about the crossover in the middle if i can get that to fit. Hince why i was thiking of 3" oval pipe.
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

oi2325 is an unknown quantity at this point
2 pipes is a dumb idea i think, especially for a vic and 2 inches each, thats more than a 3inch exhaust. Unless your pushing some major boost, you will lose more than you gain especially at low rpm. XSRCivic what size is your turbo (t3/4?) and what kind?

Last edited by oi2325; 05-27-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
are you usein the stock IM and RSX injectors?
Old 05-27-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
no using a kms intake manifold. I am using rsx 310cc injectors.
Old 05-27-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by oi2325
2 pipes is a dumb idea i think, especially for a vic and 2 inches each, thats more than a 3inch exhaust. Unless your pushing some major boost, you will lose more than you gain especially at low rpm. XSRCivic what size is your turbo (t3/4?) and what kind?
2 pipes welded together does not equal 4 inches as a flow rate. It is actually more comparable to 3". your thinking like this 00 not like this O).
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by XSRCivic
no using a kms intake manifold. I am using rsx 310cc injectors.
so iam gessin that you dont have over 200whp since u are still usein the RSX injectors, cuz dezod said they max out at 200whp...
Old 05-28-2006
Premium Member

sounds like the captain ron theory to me:
"And I know that we are near land!
-Tell the good people how you know that Captain Ron.
-Pay attention
...when we left we had just enough fuel to make it to San Juan...and we are out of fuel!!"

Many people have surpassed the 200 whp using rsx injectors. There are even people using stock d17 injectors with the SF fuel system making closeto/over that ammount. Am I at 200 whp? I highly doubt it.
Old 05-28-2006
Registered!!

Oh well then I gess I got the wrong info from Dezod..... Is it safe to have 200whp on the stock D17? Cuz Im lookin to buy Dezods kit in a month of so, with emanage, and I dont wanna do any internal work right now. Also you said u spin threw 2nd and 3rd from 4k - redline, was that on 8psi? Also drag radials would help with that right?
Old 05-28-2006
Premium Member

once again, lots have run/are running 200+whp on stock bottom end D17s. You run into traction problems when you get around that area, street tires just wont grab on the track. Drag radials or full out slicks will need to be used.
Old 05-28-2006
Registered!!

I see.. Do you have an emanage or EMS?
Old 05-28-2006
Premium Member

emanage for now.. EMS in the near future.
Old 05-29-2006
Registered!!

what would be the best runin open down pipe? or gettin a 2.5 oe 3" exhaust ran back? i think havein an exhaust ran back would be better since turbos back fire and shoot flams dont think it would be safe with just the down pipe right?
Old 05-29-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by DUDEitsMATTx
what would be the best runin open down pipe? or gettin a 2.5 oe 3" exhaust ran back? i think havein an exhaust ran back would be better since turbos back fire and shoot flams dont think it would be safe with just the down pipe right?
Dude, WTF? I don't know about anybody else but my turbo doesn't shoot flames. For daily driving I would run an exhaust 2.5/3" all the way back. Open downpipe is just way too loud. Also you will lose low end torque with open downpipe, you need the extra length. Sure you will have crazy top end power but the bottom end will be bland and boring. The size of the exhaust is dependant on what size turbo.. usually the bigger the better. On the other hand running 4” exhaust on a t25 would be a lil overkill. You should be safe running 2.5” with the typical T3 turbo.
Old 05-29-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
yep i agree. 2.5 with the t3. thats what my setup will be.
Old 05-30-2006
Registered!!

yah cuz im gunna have t3/t4 dezods. idk like all my friends that have turbo cars the backfire when they shift fast like in a race and sometime they throw flames since like they have alot of fuel or something idk.. lol.. when runin an open down pipe the turbo and all of that is really loud right? cuz SRT4s around here do it and its kinda gay, but cool hearin the turbo.