Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

362 ft/lbs, 357 HP, N/A :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
362 ft/lbs, 357 HP, N/A :)

Of course its not a civic! But it cost just as much as one does

And you all wonder why I hate Hondas.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	136631936_l.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	65896  
Old 04-21-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
What mods you have?
Old 04-21-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

It's actually my best friends, he just took it out of winter storage. It has the full SLP package. The Loudmouth exhaust is so loud, its not even funny. It snaps like a ****, but he is switching to flowmaster because the dealer welded the SLP exhaust on and it makes some clunking noises when its cold. There are some other things done to it that I cant remember at the moment. I drove it down to Florida last year, and my god, I love it. I got zapped going 145 MPH in 4th gear on I-95...that ticket sucked
Old 04-21-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
My AWD TBSS has the 400 HP LS2

dyno'd my SS stock...with a k&n

336.6HP/325.5TQ stock with k&n

Vector tune and k&n

382.7HP/377.2TQ VMT & k&n
Old 04-21-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Nice. V8's are a beautiful thing...no replacement for displacement.
Old 04-21-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mystic3030
Nice. V8's are a beautiful thing...no replacement for displacement.
like hell. its called forced induction bro. nice car. too bad its not yours.
Old 04-21-2006
Premium Member

Them LS1's are quick.Helluva alot of fun for sure..Coppers love em lol

I pulled a 13.4 @ 102 stock.I havn't been to the track since tuned.hoping for a 13 flat or better.Yeah I love V8's..but I like the gas mileage the civic gets.lol
The import guys in the 350z's and G35 hate getting smoked by a SUV.lol

Old 04-21-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Originally Posted by MajinB
Forced Induction can lick my left nut. The motor in that camaro is virtually stock, and it will rip apart an import, regardless of the mods. With some boltons, that car can run 11's, and all for way less than the cost, and wayyyy less maintenance than a forced induction civic. Sorry, but front wheel drive and forced induction just does not equal good. Sure, you can get high HP, but the ft/lbs arent as high and as close a ratio, and its not a stable, daily driver car.

Theres just something more satisfying about driving a car thats supposed to be fast, then there is about driving a car made for fuel economy and low emissions that somebody tried to make fast, and ended up doing nothing but causing problems.

You'll never convince me that forced induction is better than a big motor. Have you ever experienced standing 20 feet away from an old muscle car and feeling the ground shake from the motor running? It's amazing.

Last edited by Mystic3030; 04-21-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-21-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
you and me see it differently. you see it as " i want the car fast when i get it" i see it as "how fast can i make it" and if you really want to talk about it, for LESS money you spend on that camaro (new im guessin bout 30k) i could get an old hatch for 1k, and build it up for way the hell less to make way more HP and it will be stable. its all about how you want to have it. the most satisfying thing to me will be when im done with my ride and i say, "I DID THAT ****"
Old 04-21-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

But your old hatch would look like crap, sound like a can of beans, and not pass inspection to run on the street. I could go buy a 69 SS for 8 grand, throw 5 more into it, and then I would have spent as much as you would on your hatch, and have a car that is just downright MEAN, and be legal to run on the street. Dollar for dollar, you could make a big motor faster than you could a small motor. There's a reason all the big muscle cars from Chevy and Dodge use big motors, and ferrari and the other exotic companies use 8+ cylinders.

You could get that same camaro for less than 20 grand today, I guarantee when you are done building a hatch you will have spent just as much money, and *maybe* it will be as fast. It certainly wouldn't be legal.

Just an FYI, with a bolt on supercharger the camaro could get close to 500 HP. A civic with a turbo running 8psi with modded internals gets what, 160-190 HP?
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

SPUNKYcivy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, this is an age old debate.
Personally, at the rate gas prices are right now, Id go Honda.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
If your hating on civics and other 4 bangers then get off the site.

No one here want to hear you hating
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough
yay for ls1's I hope to be getting one later in life. Fyi flowmaster doesn't have a good rep in the ls1 world.
Old 04-22-2006
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ look at his subtitle "Yup, i'm an A$$hole"
Old 04-22-2006
K-DUB

Touge Whore is an unknown quantity at this point
Mystic3030: Well the fact that you are only taking into account pure numbers shows the ignorance in your logic anyway. Power to weight is far more important than the sub-par outputs of the high-displacement V-8s, or for the more mathematically inclined HP per liter. Furthermore, you cannot compare a V-8 to something as vague as a "civic". My nearly stock K-series puts down a little over 200whp N/A. My buddies "modded internals" turboed K-series put out well over 500whp and his new setup is going to push nearly 700whp. He's invested the same amount of money into his car as your buddy has for the sticker price of this car. You can't say one is better than that other, they are just different. Big motors due nothing else but put down big numbers both in gas and dyno.....and if you really want to see a crazy Honda-powered car, check out the Ariel Atom.

P.S.- Like Hondoer27 said....if you are going to hate, just leave. You are talking crap on Honda's on a Honda board. So just pack up your trucker hat, trim your mullet and hit the road!

Last edited by Touge Whore; 04-22-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

Hoosier282 is an unknown quantity at this point
I can see both sides to this, I have been in powerful imports and powerful domestics. Personally, nothing compared to the Cobra I was in with an aftermarket supercharger. That was one crazy ride! When you build something up though there is that sense of satisfaction, but others prefer to start off with a more powerful block. No one is going to be right or wrong here.
Old 04-22-2006
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mystic3030
But your old hatch would look like crap, sound like a can of beans, and not pass inspection to run on the street. I could go buy a 69 SS for 8 grand, throw 5 more into it, and then I would have spent as much as you would on your hatch, and have a car that is just downright MEAN, and be legal to run on the street. Dollar for dollar, you could make a big motor faster than you could a small motor. There's a reason all the big muscle cars from Chevy and Dodge use big motors, and ferrari and the other exotic companies use 8+ cylinders.

You could get that same camaro for less than 20 grand today, I guarantee when you are done building a hatch you will have spent just as much money, and *maybe* it will be as fast. It certainly wouldn't be legal.

Just an FYI, with a bolt on supercharger the camaro could get close to 500 HP. A civic with a turbo running 8psi with modded internals gets what, 160-190 HP?
Just "FYI" Smog laws apply v8's too. You mod it without a CARB # its ILLEGAL. and that civic on 8psi running 160-190 hp. You havent paid attention to anything on this forum. 8psi of boost wont give you 25 hp.
Old 04-22-2006
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma

red_sun is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Foffie
Just "FYI" Smog laws apply v8's too. You mod it without a CARB # its ILLEGAL. and that civic on 8psi running 160-190 hp. You havent paid attention to anything on this forum. 8psi of boost wont give you 25 hp.
He's talking about moding an older car he specifically said a 1969 ss so it doesn’t have to pass smog so it doesn’t need parts with carb numbers. If a car was made before 1975 I believe is the cut off year currently you don't need to pass smog so you can do almost any mod to the car.
Old 04-22-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
GM LS motors are ****ing beastly. I seriously only like a few american cars, and probably will only drive japanese cars, but LS* powered cars are beasts thate are engineered very well.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Id have to say this is kind of a dumb comparison. A civic and a camaro are entirely different car. Of course a camaro has more pontential, its got a huge engine, power is easy to make. And yeah if you are taking about draging the car RWD is tons better. The camaro wouldnt make a bad track car if you put the time into either. But for everyday driving its pretty much useless. You got a car with tons of power that you cant use most of the time, and you are sacrificing gasmileage for it. Also something like a camaro is just a terrible investment for a car (unless its classic). the depritiation on those cars is bad and the insurance and gas mileage is terrible, so even if its a similar price as a civic, cost of ownership is much higher. Sure if you like to drag it, it might make sense but i would keep a civic around for everyday. Also if you like road turns, kind of useless too, ive seen CRX's just clean up cars way more powerful than them in autocross again and again.
Old 04-22-2006
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma

red_sun is on a distinguished road
^^ I totally agree with you. V-8 are great for making easy power and going in a straight line. But to make them a car good in the turns they require a lot more work and an experienced driver.
Old 04-22-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by mandangalo
GM LS motors are ****ing beastly. I seriously only like a few american cars, and probably will only drive japanese cars, but LS* powered cars are beasts thate are engineered very well.
You're bang on there except only drive Japanese.It's good to have a mix of cars to drive everyday.You don't get sick of them so fast.
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hoosier282
I can see both sides to this, I have been in powerful imports and powerful domestics. Personally, nothing compared to the Cobra I was in with an aftermarket supercharger. That was one crazy ride! When you build something up though there is that sense of satisfaction, but others prefer to start off with a more powerful block. No one is going to be right or wrong here.

true. i mean i would like to start of with a more powerful block. wouldnt anyone. i've also driven a cobra supercharged DAMN THATS ***** FAST!!! ive seen this black cobra here in vegas at the track killed tons of evos at the end of each race. but i love my honda no matter what.
Old 04-22-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

I love starting fights.
Old 04-22-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
eh, they arent bad performance wise, just that you have to dump a ton of money into domestics to keep em going.
Old 04-22-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MajinB
OHHHHH B-B-B-B-BURN!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2006
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
should post this on Honda-Tech...be a nice debate
Old 04-22-2006
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Originally Posted by Foffie

CARB law only applies in california my friend...we don't deal with any of that crap up here, but there are still plenty of other things to consider.

Since when is 160-190 HP only a 25 hp gain? A stock civic makes between 95-105 HP at the wheels, so by my calculations, thats 60-90 HP gain.

As for the dude with the comment about the trucker hat and the mullet, i'll get rid of that no problem, just do me one thing. Put YOUR hat with the brim over your face, not your ear, fold the collar on your pink polo back down, take the diamond stud out of your ear, shave the chinstrap, put your car seat up, and sit in the damn thing, not over the armrest with your head centered by the radio.

Originally Posted by Touge *****
Mystic3030: Well the fact that you are only taking into account pure numbers shows the ignorance in your logic anyway. Power to weight is far more important than the sub-par outputs of the high-displacement V-8s, or for the more mathematically inclined HP per liter. You are talking crap on Honda's on a Honda board.

I'll send Ferrari and Chevy an e-mail...i'm sure they'll immediately scrap the use of all their current motors in the exotics and corvettes and switch to 1.7 liter and 2.0 liter turbo 4 cylinders. Because OBVIOUSLY they havent thought of that.

I own a honda, I have every right to be here.

Last edited by Mystic3030; 04-22-2006 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-22-2006
Registered!!

SPUNKYcivy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah you do have every right to be here,
But youre preaching to the wrong choir.
Walking into a well know civic forum where civics have made more horsepower than that camaro and telling us we all drive stupid cars, yeah ok. I see how smart that is.

PS Talk to Dezod, Im sure he would love to run your stock camaro with his
"slow" civic.
Old 04-22-2006
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
this guy is very funny. he thinks his domestics are so fast because they have big v-8's hahaha. you obviously dont know what your talking about mystic or you live in a different world. i bought a 93 hatchback for 800 dollars. put 4 thousand dollars into the engine. running 13 psi of boost on 9 inch slicks up front with a full standalone fuel management system tuned to perfection on a b16. 1.6 liter DOHC motor keep in mind. all internals. i've also got it set up to run 50 shot of nitrous help spool the turbo. my car passes emissions and i run 11's on a bad day. i'm pushing 450 hp and i have about a 5 thousand dollar car. also my car weigh's less then 2 thousand pounds. and is daily driven with absolutely no problems. all i gotta do is change the oil. lets hear about that camaro now. 20 thousand dollar car same hp i have in my FOUR CYLINDER civic. weigh's alot more. and is stock. so you coulda saved yourself 15 thousand dollars and got a way faster car. oh and your hoping to run what 14's? man i would smoke you and you dont even know it. so before you start talkin **** you might wanna step back and look at who your talking to.

Quick Reply: 362 ft/lbs, 357 HP, N/A :)