fully painted type R grill - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2006   #1  
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
fully painted type R grill

does anyone have a pic or has painted a type R grill completly iv seen the trim was painted not the entire grill. im kind of worried becuase the shop i took it to is going to paint it all silver does anyone think it will look good? my lower bumper (the black part ) is painted silver also So would it look good? please give me someinput before the shop paints it
boxcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #2  
Banned

iLLesTCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
that will looklike ****

u ricer!

Last edited by iLLesTCivic; 04-11-2006 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
iLLesTCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #3  
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
i think its just a matter of opinion.
blouisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #4  
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLesTCivic
that will looklike ****

u ricer!
mines is entirely painted. and it looks just looks exactly like the other ones

Last edited by dp_yz713; 04-11-2006 at 03:37 PM.
dp_yz713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #5  
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
phew good call i thought about it i called them up and said leave it black and paint the trim silver thanks What was i thinking
Old 04-11-2006   #6  
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
good call. it would've looked like crap.
vacivic2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #7  
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
i painted mine along time ago but thinking of painting the grille flat black
idk yet

PICHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #8  
Registered!!

yeah it looks good ur matching and the red H fits in real nicely with the white grill
Old 04-11-2006   #9  
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
looks like pichy proved the "if you paint it all it'll look like ****" **** to be wrong. lol.
Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006   #10  
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
I dunno if it's the grill being painted or the paint used but the one on pichy's looks cheap. Just does not blend. Did you use the real paint?
Cptn. Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #11  
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by efil on evol on
I dunno if it's the grill being painted or the paint used but the one on pichy's looks cheap. Just does not blend. Did you use the real paint?

its my cars paint.. no cheap paint there
prolly the paint where the grille is.. its mad dirty.. i havent washed my car since last year ... its been sitting in storage and getting worked on... ill take pics soon since im gon rip all the decals ( company names )off my door.. and make it a lot cleaner... the ill wash and get it ready for HIN... ill have a photoshoot then and ill show u again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky
looks like pichy proved the "if you paint it all it'll look like ****" **** to be wrong. lol.
sup cocky long time mang...

well looks like the noob on top came in with a big attitude.. calling peps ricers and **** when they need opinions..... he could have just said.." well i think its gon look bad and here is why" without adding the ricer comments...

Last edited by PICHY; 04-12-2006 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-12-2006   #12  
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
I think everything about pichy's car is badass, grill and all.
Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006   #13  
Registered!!

his looks good becuase it has that H Grill in red , and its white goes together well but my car a silver grill all painted would look bad
Old 04-13-2006   #14  
ALGARETE

here is another one

Old 04-13-2006   #15  
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ that car looks HOT. but i could care less for the grill insert painted. like someone said, it looks cheap painted. i hate that cheap look.
CiViCPrAnInG2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #16  
ALGARETE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
^^^ that car looks HOT. but i could care less for the grill insert painted. like someone said, it looks cheap painted. i hate that cheap look.

explain why does it look cheap.. i dont get it???
Old 04-13-2006   #17  
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good on the white, but would stand out more if the mesh part was black. My cars black so you does not matter..lol I cheated
Colombian4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #18  
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
^^^you painted your whole grille black too??
dp_yz713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006   #19  
Registered!!

Colombian4Lyf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp_yz713
^^^you painted your whole grille black too??
yep i did, well the body shop did..
Colombian4Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote