Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

OEM black trunk on blue coupe?

Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
OEM black trunk on blue coupe?

i wanted to hear some opinions from fellow 7thgen members what they think of my idea for a blue/black tone scheme im going for. i have a 2dr eternal blue coupe, black window tint, black housing headlamps, black front lip, soon 17" gloss black with polished lip rims. i was thinking about picking up an OEM nighthawk black trunk and put it on my car for style. i have the funds for an cf trunk, but my sound system would crush the carbon fiber or crack it eventually. so i thought of this idea so i can keep my stereo system for entertainment.

what do you guys think?
Old 04-06-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Take out your sound system and put the cf trunk.
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
yea man, I say no to the nighthawk black trunk, go with the cf or keep it stock bro
Old 04-06-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
try and photoshop one on there. Sounds iffy
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
yeah that probably wouldnt look right. If the carbon fiber is made right a sound system isnt going to crack it, I wouldnt rule that out. But, if you got a big sound system in the car already going with a light weight trunk is kind of pointless. If you like to look just get a trunk with a carbon fiber look laminate.
Old 04-07-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
might look cool if you had a black roof and hood too.
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
he has a point if it is loud and it might crack because if u look at you stock trunk with a system it shakes alot and takes the shaking. with a cf it might not take the shaking.................also u could use dynamate on the underside
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

drive_fast_dail has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I dont know what carbon fiber you are used to, but its not going to crack if its made right. Almost all applications for automotive use the two directional weave. The resin may be brittle, but since its got threads in two directions its not going to want to crack anywhere. When it breaks it'll splinter and tear. Carbon fiber doesnt have amazing fatigue properties, but a sound system isnt going to ruin a part made right.
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

jaydm21 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^what he said. my friends cf hood flew up and hit his windsheild on the interstate at 87mph. base of the hood on both sides right by the hinges cracked on the underside but is still in tact. cf is alot stronger than you would think. but its all based on your preference, if you got with a black trunk then i too would go with a black roof and hood, that way it will all flow with the color scheme.
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
cf hood the way to go
Old 04-07-2006
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
If your gonna spend less than $50 than it's alright. I see alotta people round here doing that since they can't afford cf and it doesn't look bad.
Old 04-10-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Put a pic of a blue coupe so I could try Photochopping it.

My skillz in PS have gone down, that's why I said try. I suck right now.

Last edited by ramcosca; 04-10-2006 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you have it two toned and have a black roof,hood,ect then it might look cool. Otherwise, hell no
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
not the best photos, but my civic is gonna have the same color scheme as this members; http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...mageuser=21832

and heres another member that has a blue coupe with same color scheme; http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...00&userid=9107

maybe someone can shop a black trunk on one of those members pics?

thanks
Old 04-11-2006
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
If u are gonna get a trunk May as well get the hood too.
Old 04-11-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
dont do it
Old 04-11-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
are u goin for a CF looks without payin the $$$$$...... i wanna see trunks with CF vinyl on it......
Old 04-11-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
goin with an oem black trunk would look very ricer-like...but i understand your position on why you would choose it over cf...nonetheless, i support the cf trunk over the oem black one....but.....if it were me, lol, i would ditch the system and buy some very high quality components...ive already done that with my vic n some people think i have a sub in my car when its just my four 6.5s
Old 04-12-2006
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
It won't look bad if you go with a full theme, almost like one huge racing stripe all the way across. This includes the hood, roof, trunk and parts of the front and rear bumper. If you are not looking at doing something similar to this, then it's going to look very out of place.