Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I hate Hit and Runs!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thrasher086 is an unknown quantity at this point
I hate Hit and Runs!

So last night my car had an ecounter with a Hit a Run. The next morning I was going to a friends house to put in the new grille I spray painting and I almost have a heart attack to see some bast.ard hit my car. I have insurance so it will probably be a $500 deducatable. Anyone think I should even go through insurance? What is your estimates?
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Depends on where you get your work done. I'd say it might be a little over $500, but then think about how much you're going to save once you get your quote. Then ask yourself is it work making a claim on your insurance to save you $XXX??? Your rates might go up ya know!
Old 04-02-2006

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Thrasher086
So last night my car had an ecounter with a Hit a Run. The next morning I was going to a friends house to put in the new grille I spray painting and I almost have a heart attack to see some bast.ard hit my car. I have insurance so it will probably be a $500 deducatable. Anyone think I should even go through insurance? What is your estimates?
damit . i would want to get that fixed, the right way, so it looks good, or excellent. start by getting some estimates at local shops, find out what they say you need to do. find out what it will cost to repair it at retail.

i once had an accident that cost me over $2000.00 to get fixed, but it was my fault, so i paid for it out of pocket rather than through insurance. you are wondering about this yourself so that is a good start. my position is that you should not report this to your insurance, it will only raise your rates in the future, save your insurance for when you really need to use it.
Old 04-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
that small damage looks to be around $1k, if the bumper needs to be replaced. its hard to tell, but it seems like there is no bumper damage. I would say clean off the bumper to make sure, then just take it to a shop for the other pieces. Should be around $500 then. and tell em you're paying with own money so they lower the price a bit.
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

BrynDN should not be trusted
sorry man. it's hard to believe people would do that. surely some drunk a$$.

it'd be a good idea to think about your premiums, but they may not be affected since you're not at fault.
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

Thanks Guys. So basically I have to wait till tomorrow since everything is closed on Sunday. I cleaned off all the marks with compound. Here it is now.

I think it looks alot better. The bumper is unharmed just the clips broke that holds it in. Besides that its just a dent and a little bit of paint scratched off. Anyone have any new estimates.
Old 04-02-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
prolly under $500 now, but not for a perfect fix (replacing everything)
Old 04-02-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
does the fuel door open ok or is it rubbing? If its opening ok then this should be a pretty easy fix, compared to replacing the whole panel and bumper.

I have seen bondo take care of bigger dents than that and look perfect
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

The fuel door pops open fine. That was the first thing I checked after waking up from fainting lol.
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

BrynDN should not be trusted
Yeah. Looks much better now. I'm sure a good shop will take care of you.
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
Its cool to have a d17. A prius does a hit & run and you cant even keep up to try and follow him.
Old 04-02-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
damn thats gonna cost some...get and estimate and if its more than ur deductible use insurance if its not than dont...but damn thats messed up...also i've noticed those prius' are pretty quick...i have a hard time keeping up with them
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

armash is an unknown quantity at this point
i wouldnt recommend goin thru insurance unless its an over 3 grand damage
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

I got a quote and its $900 bucks to fix. I wish I can find the person who did it and shoot them or make them pay it out of their a.ss. I am not going through insurance since it isn't worth it. There goes the headlight and gauge mods I wanted to do for a while.
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
u backed up into a deer didnt you..
Old 04-03-2006
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
my gf just had her car get hit and they had to replace the back bumper and that plus repainting was 550 or something like that.
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
claiming that to insurance should not raise your premium since it was not your fault.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
claiming that to insurance should not raise your premium since it was not your fault.
Yeah it wont but it could later on down the line. A claim is a claim no matter how big the damage is so it is hard to say if it will raise or not. Also the car isn't in my name to save money on my insurance. It is under my step dads so it will bring up a bigger problem.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Sucks to hear that....