Totalled the EM2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2006   #1
Registered!!

starredcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Totalled the EM2

I posted the same thread in the west section of the forum but realized not to many people outside of colorado look there. I got in a huge accident on monday morning around 9 am when a guy in a older chevy 1500 ran a red light and t-boned the front of my car and pushed me into a ford explorer and then spun my around to hit the back side of his truck again. To make a long story short (kinda late) my 7th gen EM2 is no more....completely totalled. No one in the accident was seriously injured in the accident. I made a trip to the hospital jus to make sure nothing was broken or anything....I just have some major whip lash and a few big bruises. I am waiting to see how much I am going to get from the insurance company to figure out what the next car will be....any suggestions are always welcome....I am looking for either another EM2 (03-05), Subi WRX (STI preferably), Scion TC, or Acura RSX (type S preferably) so if you or someone you know is trying to sell any of the cars I have listed or other cars you think I might be interested let me know! Here are some pictures of my car...

front passenger side (wheel to the left)^^

interior....the center piece is cracked^^^

Rear^^^^(the kid in the picture is actually the one that hit me)

the truck that hit me ^^^

another shot of the front passenger^^^

full front shot^^^^

RIP MARY (name of my car) YOU WILL FOREVER BE MISSED!
starredcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #2
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
ouch man that looks like it hurt, glad to hear your not hurt thou. as for a new car go for a type s maybe even a new si if you have enough
mrDFWmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #3
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch..sorry for the loss man.
glad to hear you and everybody else is ok
jhonsok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #4
Registered!!

hockeyc574 is an unknown quantity at this point
jeeze man...sorry for the loss
hockeyc574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #5
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
glad your okay man.
Black03civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #6
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
damn
Slow Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #7
Registered!!

emdude4 is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch that sucks.
go for an 8th gen si!
emdude4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #8
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
holy ****. glad you're still alive.
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #9
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
wow...glad u ok man
PICHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #10
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
dam and you didnt break anything? luck is on your side. and if i were you, id move onto the AWD factory boosted world
Curiouz_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #11
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
damn ur lucky dude...my homie was tboned by a red light runner and was killed a little more than a week ago...his funeral was last thursday...at least ur ok...screw the car as long as people dont get hurt
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #12
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
damn ur lucky dude...my homie was tboned by a red light runner and was killed a little more than a week ago...his funeral was last thursday...at least ur ok...screw the car as long as people dont get hurt
Sorry to hear about your loss. I am so grateful that I made it out of the accident ok. I was planning on buying a new car next year...this just speeds the process up a bit!

Thank you all for all your concern it really means a lot! I hope you all remember to drive safe and wear a seat belt (one of my biggest pet peeves when people think its stupid to wear a seat belt)

Oh and I am going to jus let you all know I am a chick. Don't worry I get it a lot on forums. Its kinda nice because then I dont get the stereotype that comes with being a woman driver. (stupid women that blow it for all the rest that can drive) I will keep you all updated on how much I get from insurance and get everyones suggestion on what car to get. I am thinking about 12,000 with all the mods. I cant wait to get out of the Ford ****us rental car!
Old 03-22-2006   #13
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Wow... Not much I can really say about that other than glad you're ok. And for the car question. I'd go with a Type S.
blackBDMcivicLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #14
Registered!!

halocivic is an unknown quantity at this point
buy my 300zx its damn nice.
halocivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #15
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
wow... atleast you're alright man. That's all that matters.
R1Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #16
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by halocivic
buy my 300zx its damn nice.
Then why don't you want it?
blackBDMcivicLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #17
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
so whats the story on the driver that hit you? i know that they ran the red light, but did they just get off with a ticket and a slap on the wrist?
Da1lyDr1ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #18
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
if you live in that kind snow i would say wrx if you can afford it, did you owe anything on the car? but wont tehy only give you the value of the car minus your deducitble so you looking at maybe like 9 grand i would think
runner1738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #19
aki
Registered!!

aki is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have major whiplash, you could hire a lawyer to have the guy pay for medical fees. Even if you don't feel it badly now, sometimes that injury could follow you for life (not to scare you or anything).

It's great that you got out of that mostly unscathed though.
aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #20
Registered!!

carbon_vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy F**** ! ! !! I'm glad ur ok....
carbon_vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006   #21
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
so whats the story on the driver that hit you? i know that they ran the red light, but did they just get off with a ticket and a slap on the wrist?
No he got a ticket (as far as I know)...It was his first ticket ever. His insurance is going to cover everything medical and damage to the car. I actually think the kid that hit me has a thing for me (ick) cuz he keeps calling and IMing me (found me on myspace too) and wants to take me to coffee cuz he feels bad (and i dont doubt he feels bad but honestly!) how do i tell this kid off?
Old 03-23-2006   #22
Registered!!

randy6duece will become famous soon enoughrandy6duece will become famous soon enough
sorry for your loss man...good thing your ok...hope insurance pays good...
randy6duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #23
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
start partin out in the F/S man. youll make something at least
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #24
Registered!!

7th.com is an unknown quantity at this point
no more civic... get something better, like STI or S2000
7th.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #25
Registered!!

hotdogpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
jeeeez thats massivee....

its cool that no one got hurt, cuz that looks monstrous..

my 2 cents on what car to get next is another em2, but if you're bored with it already, grab an rsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by starredcivic
I actually think the kid that hit me has a thing for me (ick) cuz he keeps calling and IMing me (found me on myspace too) and wants to take me to coffee cuz he feels bad (and i dont doubt he feels bad but honestly!) how do i tell this kid off?
HAHAa. dude, tell him off AFTER coffee. free coffee rocks

Last edited by hotdogpilot; 03-23-2006 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
hotdogpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #26
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
i think its funny how everyone still refers to StarredCivic as "dude" and "man".

oh yea, i think its funny that the kid that hit you probably has a thing for you. he may be a stalker...
Da1lyDr1ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #27
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
those are some sad pics dude.. glad to hear you are ok.
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #28
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Damn Im glad that u made it out alive. Forget about the free coffee have him pay for dinner for u and ur chick then tell his *** off. He is getting off easy with coffee make him feel like ish. important thing here, is ur alive.
Valdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #29
Registered!!

scrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of lightscrimp is a glorious beacon of light
Whoa....glad to see u are ok.

Thats weird how u mention how the kid who hit u has a thing for u coz thats how my friend and his wife met lol. She rear ended him on accident and while sitting there waiting for the police guess they ended up talking and then ended up going out later that week and now they're married....

Not saying thats gonna happen to u or anything just reminded me of that when u mentioned it

Good luck looking for a new car
scrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006   #30
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Damn that sucks man i'm glad that you are ok.
ciVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote