Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

***10 DAYS TILL!! 2006 Nopi Nationals September 16th & 17th Atlanta Motor Speedway***

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I havent washed my car in like a month
Old 09-11-2006
The internet says Im a loser

Anathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of light
I keep my car clean, but I really don't wash it that much. I should be shot.
Old 09-11-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Got the decals!

Questions:
will it be ok to bring a tent will there be enough space to do so.
I have a camping tent like the one you place over your eating area with a sloid material roof and an open mosquito material sides is about 14' x 10' and it takes some work to install.
Will that be worth bringing?

Also will some have a car to go run around, may be eat some real food outside the venue, may be some beers?
And is re entry aloud?
Old 09-11-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure reentry is allowed, but there is just too much to do inside and there is food all inside too. There will be enough space for the tent, i may bring my canopy, its huge. but it just pops up. But as far as running around, i don't think i'm gonna be going anywhere during the show.
Old 09-11-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gixxer
lol, It started raining while I was polishing yesterday, had to pull it in the shop to finish. but I did manage to get the cleaner wax, polish, and a couple coats of wax on. For the engine bay I use a degreaser (Gunk) or Simple Green (diluted with water). Then hit it with a engine dressing like CD-2.

I did notice that the lovebugs were bad here yesterday too. So taping up the front end may be a good idea for the drive to Atlanta.
When you spray down the bay, do you cover anything like the air filter or the alternator?
Old 09-11-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^^Yep, you better or you'll have reallllllll fun
Old 09-11-2006
Hey, I know Drew22Mader, the man with the sickest whip

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
^^^What he said
Old 09-11-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

lol ok just makin sure. Anything else i should cover?

One of my friends was telling me that this year they are not allowing participants to leave the track until the show is over. the stuff we got in the mail says no cruising, does specify leaving/returning, so we'll see i suppose
Old 09-11-2006

Cover your hair so the sol-glo dosent get messy Ok I took that to far
Old 09-11-2006

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ashhole
When you spray down the bay, do you cover anything like the air filter or the alternator?
I just use a spray water bottle with some dish soap.
Old 09-11-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

hmm ok. I think im gonna go with one of those pressure hoses at a carwash to do mine. gotta spray quite a few things down with degreaser first though
Old 09-11-2006
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
I'll see you guys there. I'll be parked over in the Car Club section. Hope to see you guys around.
Old 09-11-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Hell ya, you gonna come to the Varsity saturday night?
Old 09-11-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
re-entry is not allowed and as far as i know it has never been allowed. they keep a close watch too.

are we still going to try to meet friday so that everyone can get aquainted? does everyone know where the wal-mart is.
oh and someone def needs to bring a large tent! you will be glad it is there at about 1pm. so that is a must. i will for sure help put it up.
also i wanted to tell everyone there is a big bonus about getting there early, you get to see all the other tight rides roll in without walikng around. every year we get there early and walk right over to the participant entry and sit there for like a hour. it is non stop traffic flowing into the show.

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 09-11-2006 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-11-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

I just looked at the back of the credentials i got in the mail and it says:

"If you leave the speedway, you must have your hand stamped and have this credential for re-entry"

direct quote off the credential
Old 09-11-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
that is if you leave your vehicle inside. it doesnt matter if you parked outside, you can get in and out as you please. the rule about reentry is for participants cars, not themselves.
sorry if that came out wrong, but this is what i meant.
Old 09-11-2006

Take lots of picture for me Yall can make a big sign that says "Hope you're having fun at home Brad!!!"
Old 09-11-2006

Originally Posted by Gixxer
Friday Night Meet

Meet at Wal Mart on Tara Blvd at 8:00.
Dinner at Hooters on Tara Blvd after the meet.

Saturday Morning Pre-Show Meet

We need to meet Saturday morning between 6:00 and 6:30 am at the Wal Mart on Tara Blvd.
Probably get breakfast and then roll to the show.
I believe there is a McDonalds or something in front of Wal Mart.

Supermex is working on a phone list so everyone can keep intouch.
If You haven't already given him Your cell number please pm it to him.

Let Me know if we need to make any changes. We need to get the plans set in stone so everyone knows what is going on and this thing is a success.

Window Decals

Supermex also has 7thgen.com window decals. They look like the 7thgen logo at the top of the web page. These are windshield size and are 3 color. The decals cost $16.00 and payment goes to Supermex. He will have these when he gets to Atlanta. You can pre-pay or pay him at the show. He came out of his own pocket to have these made so let's buy them up.
This still the plan!
During the Friday meet we'll apply 7thgenivic.com window banners and will check out the meeting place for the next day roll in, and anyother issues.
I'll bring the tent for us to hang out and will need some help setting up on Sat.

Someone mention having WIFI on lop top so that we may post live pictures for all not just for Brad
Any suggestions and voluntiers to head up this project will be welcome.

Last edited by supermex; 09-11-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I'm bringing my laptop with me, i'll be able to load up pictures from my camera to my laptop, i think i may buy the internet at the hotel too. So i could post up.

As far as the Easy Up canopy, not sure if i'm bringin it yet. Gotta see how much room i have when i get everything in.

The 7thgencivic sticker will need to go on my back window since ShowStoppers is on my front.
Old 09-11-2006
Hey, I know Drew22Mader, the man with the sickest whip

Gixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to allGixxer is a name known to all
Everyone please remember the Friday night meet

If You need directions mapquest the addresses shown for the Wal Mart on Tara Blvd. Drew and I both have GPS in the cars, but that won't help the guys coming from the hotels south of the track. So get directions before Friday.

Supermex, I have WIFI on my carpc. I don't know if there is a wireless connection at the track though.

Drew I'm gonna bring my canopy and if I remember correctly the hotel is a WIFI hotspot

Also

Varsity Saturday Night

Last edited by Gixxer; 09-11-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

if theres a wireless connection at the track, im bringin my laptop, so i plan on doin a live from the show thread.

Can we bring grills in? does anyone know?
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
canopy/tents are allowed and they are way worth setting up. get there early enough and you'll have plenty of space. usually lots of room behind the cars, not so much between them unless you let the guy know when you're parking
did anybody else see the rule about cooler size???
and reentry is allowed, you'll get a stamp or a wristband, don't remember which
Old 09-11-2006

This is in the email i got from Nopi

Pre Show Check List
* Contestants and passengers must print your names on credentials and sign credentials. Credentials numbered in red are for the registered contestant.
* Place constant parking sticker on the outside of the driver’s side windshield.
* Purchase extra passenger tickets.
* Park trailers and tow vehicles in the front or rear trailer parking lot.

Please observe the following NOPI and Atlanta Motor Speedway Rules
* No tow vehicles or support vehicles are allowed through the tunnels Saturday or Sunday.
* Please keep the systems down so you can hear the PA announcements.
* NO GLASS CONTAINERS; coolers and trunks are subject to be checked upon entrance.
* No coolers over 14” wide or height.
* No camping on AMS property.
* No golf carts or ATV’s will be permitted. Vendors renting carts from the speedway can not drive them into the fenced in vendor area at any time.
* No pocket bikes, motorized scooters, lawnmowers, etc.
* No weapons or fireworks.
* No illegal substances.
* No pets.
* No cruising inside the Speedway.

Check the
FAQs for more information

Last edited by drew22mader; 09-11-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
i don't think grills are allowed inside....
Old 09-11-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

hmm it doesnt say no grills....ill email them and ask

the question wiht reentry was for vehicles leaving. but with no cruising i dont think you could leave anyway
Old 09-11-2006

So I'm not bringing my canopy
Is not easy to set up
Old 09-11-2006

Supermex, shouldn't be that bad, and trust me, you'll want it, cause damn does it get freakin hot in the sun.
Old 09-11-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i wont be able to make the meet on friday due to a college graduation for my brother....ill do my best to meet near the wal-mart out there. on saturday. ill be leaving here in douglasville around 6 or so... i should be out there round that time depending on traffic.. hope to see yall soon!
Old 09-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Supermex, shouldn't be that bad, and trust me, you'll want it, cause damn does it get freakin hot in the sun.
dude, i had tan lines last year...and i'm not exactly light-skinned.....
Old 09-12-2006
The internet says Im a loser

Anathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of lightAnathema is a glorious beacon of light
Since my car isn't showing, we can cruise in it for those that are showing their cars.

Quick Reply: ***10 DAYS TILL!! 2006 Nopi Nationals September 16th & 17th Atlanta Motor Speedway***