Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

subs in hidden place???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
subs in hidden place???

alright i had a long discussion with diskreet......... im gonna go with tthe infinity basslink and i was wondering if any of you guys have ur systems in a place where it cant be seen.... my rents flip when i do stuff to my car, but you know they are old school...... any suggestions???
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
put it in the spare tire well. take the carpet off of it and cut a hole in the board.
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing i could think of if you want a decent sized sub like 12" or so, you could make a custom mount to drop it down into the spare tire well where it couldnt be seen when you cover it up with the cardboard trunk mat our cars have. I don't know how good it will sound though and you would prolly have to ditch the donut tire.
you could also drop the amp in that area as well.
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol he beat me to it as i was writing that
Old 02-22-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
im gettin the infinity so i dont think it will sound that good where the spare tire is.... i was thinkin underneath a seat.... or how about a bazooka right underneath the spare tire like where the gap is..

Last edited by djrabbi; 02-22-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
well if you care about how it will sound dont buy a bazooka.
Old 02-22-2006
Banned

i mean like a tube like that, but i dont think no one else makes emm
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

reqy will become famous soon enoughreqy will become famous soon enough
Stealth Box it? but the ones by JLAudio look like crap compared to what else they have in store.
Old 02-22-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
djrabbi, these belong in the ICE Section, you keep posting this stuff in the wrong place, stereo talk goes in ICE.
Old 02-22-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
The main reason behind him wanting the infinity is price and completness. its everything you need for fairly cheap. If you want you can always just secure it right on the side of the trunk towards the back, where the carpet dips farther in.

Other than that I don't really know what to tell you. I did a custom install (see DIY link in my sig). Its not really applying to what you are getting, but maybe just seeing my setup will give you some inspiration.

let me know if you have any other ideas and I can always try to help you develop them more
Old 02-22-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Can't you install them... I don't know... under the plastic cover thing where the 6*9s are? Or beneath a seat?
Old 02-22-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ramcosca
Can't you install them... I don't know... under the plastic cover thing where the 6*9s are? Or beneath a seat?
you do know how big subs are right lol?
And the infinity is in its own box.
Old 02-22-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno... I meant the Infinity ones... what's the smalles size they have? (Not really looking for a huge thump)
Old 02-22-2006

8" is the smallest subwoofer you will find for cars. you can get smaller, but they are not good at filling in the lows at all.
Old 02-22-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
ramcosca the smallest infinity sub is 8"

djrabbi you best bet is going with this if you want it completely hidden and this will fit under a seat but i hear it isnt the best
clarion SRV303

or this but it wont fit under seat maybe trunk spare tire well but it sounds good for the size
kenwood ksc-sw1
Old 02-22-2006

unfortunatly a 7" woofer will not go low at all. It will fill in the mid bass well and thats about it. at least the infinity will go a little lower and louder
Old 02-22-2006
ultra super duper member

01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
^ yea i was thinking about that same kenwood one... maybe one under each seat though, the reviews semm to say their a little wimpy..
Old 02-22-2006
Words on a User Title

Thanks LowKey.
Where will the Infinity be able to go? (Dimensions and such?)
Old 02-22-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
8'' infinty sub

good luck fiinding a place that sells it i took a few minutes to look but crutchfield and cardomain dont carry them... maybe techtronics