Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

quick question about leather.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
quick question about leather.

does anyone have leather seating on their vic? the one closest to my area is charging me around $1050 installed, taxes, parts and labor included. is that a good price or too much? i really want to have leather cuz it's just good to have it. but u think that price is worth it? for that price range i could buy a whole leather furniture set for my living room.

Last edited by CiViCPrAnInG2k1; 01-29-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
wow. to me, that's just ridiculous

i wouldnt pay that much for leather... but im not a big fan of leather either.
Old 01-20-2006
Tejas PimP
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Danger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really niceDanger Mouse is just really nice
that sounds about the same amount the dealership would have charged you to begin with
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

matt86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah that is a whooolleeee lot of money just for leather seats. If you really want leather though thats cool. It does sound like its about what the dealership would charge for leather.
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Look through ebay.
Once in a while Classic Soft Trim will have complete leather sets for around $250 shipped.

Heres a different one available right now though.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-Ho...spagenameZWD1V
Old 01-20-2006
7thgencivic's Official Bad Samaritan

HITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond reputeHITMAN has a reputation beyond repute
just buy RSX leather seats
Old 01-20-2006
Premium Member

kempster will become famous soon enoughkempster will become famous soon enough
when i bought my vic i asked for leather seats, told them i would not by the car without it. they put it in for 600. and i didnt even try to negotiate the price
Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
You can always go for a Katzkins kit for about $600, and install it yourself. The only hard part about it is the door inserts.
Old 01-20-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Leather is all about the install, which is why there's a big difference between the $250 DIY kit and your $1050 quote.

What leather kit would your place be using? If it's Katzkin, I'd say it should be more like $900, but $1050 is not that ridiculous.
Old 01-20-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
so you think having leather in our car worth it for that price?
Old 01-21-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
i got a quote for 700. i think its worth it.
Old 01-21-2006
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
If you do some searching you will find your answers.... Here are just a few on this web site that have custom (other than RSX seats) leather interior in the Civic...

silvrbreez02
Black04ex
MORG655
ChiNkYx1
TommyC225
ghostrider
Bryan
Luck
jameswyatt
CIVIC808

Ask them and how much they paid....
Personally I would buy the SI or RSX seats... Much cheaper route.
Good Luck...

texascivic2k1
Old 01-21-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
man everyone should rep this guy hes a genious ^^
Old 01-21-2006
Banned

i don't see much people selling their rsx seats here compared to the west coast. can i buy them at the dealership? so can the rxs leather seats fit the front seats and rear seats? i know the SI's fit in the front seat. also, i don't know how to install them who do you think can install them, regular car shop?
Old 01-21-2006
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
dude finda dead cow and skin it
Old 01-29-2006
Banned

^^^ turd.. haha

btw: can rsx rears fit the 01 civic? i know front can since a couple of guys here already did switch. how about materials? what materials should i consider to be included inorder to install them. brackets, etc.? mah bad i'm uber noob at this.
Old 01-29-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
my buddy Bob (dopes607) has leather and I believe hes trying to go back to stock. Hit him up, hell prolly sell it to you.
Old 01-29-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
You can get a nice set of Sparco's or Bride seats for that much... I'm not a fan of leather either. Good luck!
Old 01-29-2006
Banned

when you buy leather for our vic, do yall just get the leather seats? no heat seaters? i also want to know what stuff do i need inorder for me to install it. damn i have like a bunch of question in every post, but nobody answers them. LOL

Last edited by CiViCPrAnInG2k1; 01-29-2006 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2006
Banned

ok anyone can answer you know! i aint refraining anyone from answering... damn that's desperate.
bwuahhahaha

Last edited by CiViCPrAnInG2k1; 01-29-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
check the link in my sig. for 700 you can get leather recaros and even do the rear with rsx parts.
Old 01-29-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
For $450 - $650 get leather RSX seats that are a thousand times more comfy than OEM and look great!
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

rsxmachine is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
ok anyone can answer you know! i aint refraining anyone from answering... damn that's desperate.
bwuahhahaha
hey man tried to pm you back but your box is full... the RSX fronts are easy, not sure about the rears but there are a couple threads on here about it
Old 01-29-2006
Banned

^^^ oh ****, thanks i need to clean it up.. holap.

edit: ok cleared my old pm's. pm's are now back on service.

Last edited by CiViCPrAnInG2k1; 01-29-2006 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

Pitch_BlacK is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo Praning my advice for you is to just get a custom made leatherette seat cover from the Philippines for your vic. I believe its not gonna cost you more than 200 bucks. Here's my seat covers

Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
lol pitch mroe info on wher ein the philipines :| i would lvoe some covers but i think im jsut gonna get blue or blackr acing seats. iw ant cmrfot more then leather for that price
Old 01-31-2006
Banned

so when yall bought/switch to leather did yall install the seat heaters with it or just the leathers?
Old 01-31-2006
Myspace Gangster

russdogg is a glorious beacon of lightrussdogg is a glorious beacon of lightrussdogg is a glorious beacon of lightrussdogg is a glorious beacon of lightrussdogg is a glorious beacon of light
My brother paid 950 to get his all installed in his Camry, front and back seats, and it was really well done. We found a cheaper quote, 600, but checked out some of their cars they had done already and they looked kinda generic compared to the other place. It was worth having the more expensive job. At any rate, check sample of the shop you are going to. You dont want to pay all that cash and have it look budget.

BTW, we never even thought of seat heaters...
Old 01-31-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Its not worth the few hundred dollars! I just sat on leather that was under 15 degrees F and it was cold only for a minute. Not as bad as people say.
Old 01-31-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
ehhhhhh thats a good price for a NJ....... place by my house.... they charge $1500..... i would get suede

Quick Reply: quick question about leather.