Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

04-05 Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006
Championship White 04 Ex Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jzuha01 is an unknown quantity at this point
04-05 Fogs

I have posted in the lighting forum and still had no response so here goes. I bought some fogs off ebay and they look great and everything but when I went to handa to get the install instructions they did not match up the harness that came with fogs. So my question is has anybody bought these fogs and installed them without having to mod the harness? If so please tell me what you did, all your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
I bought them on ebay, the fit is a little bitchy but no modification needed. I got them installed at a car audio shop.
Old 01-14-2006

Did they use that harness that came with the fogs or did they hard wire them?
Old 01-14-2006

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
The fogs came with everything and also with the on/off switch. the guy used the ones the fog came with.
Old 01-14-2006

Do you know where they hooked the wires to in the fuse box thats the only part that I am getting lost on. Because after everything is all connected on/off switch and the relay there is only one plug left and I dont know where it goes.
Old 01-14-2006

Honestly, I dont know where the heck is the wiring I dont know nothing about electricity.
Old 01-14-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
the kit comes with a fuse. yes some part of the harness is connected to fuse box. the other part goes into the headlight housing, and then the switch in front of the car
Old 01-14-2006

I know where everything else is suppose to go I just cant figure out where to connect to the fuse box
Old 01-14-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
look under the cover of the fuse box. it should have a diagram of where everything goes and what it is.
Old 01-14-2006

The cover under the hood or the cover under the dash. Because my fuse box under my dash does not have a cover.
Old 01-14-2006

under hood hahhahaa
Old 01-14-2006

Ill see what I can find thanks if anybody else has any info I am open to all help, I just dont want to pay anyone to put them in I would like to do it myself. Thanks again.
Old 01-14-2006

Well I just looked and there is no where in the fuse box in under the hood to install the plug for the fog lights. I just am having no luck and I will have to give into having someone install them unless someone on here can help me.
Old 01-14-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
check your ignition wires under the steering wheel...there might be a plug for it or u can just splice it into the accessory wire and the 12v power supply of ur cigarette lighter outlet
Old 01-14-2006

Im trying not to cut anything so I will have to just keep looking around for the correct way to use the harness that I have thanks again and all info is still appreciated
Old 01-14-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
EBAY KITS DO NOT HAVE THE SAME WIRE HARNESSES AS OEM. THAT IS HOW THEY GET AROUND COPYRIGHTS AND ALL. They HAVE to be different in some way...
Old 01-14-2006

dude your wrong^^
Old 01-14-2006

I understand that, but there has to be some way that the kits do work without being modified to work.
Old 01-14-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
when u splice u dont have to cut into anything...u use tap splices which well sorta cuts the wire but it doesnt cut the wire it cuts the plastic and creates a bridge so the line u attatch to it works and receives power
Old 01-14-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by manahoonie
EBAY KITS DO NOT HAVE THE SAME WIRE HARNESSES AS OEM. THAT IS HOW THEY GET AROUND COPYRIGHTS AND ALL. They HAVE to be different in some way...
You are right..the switch harnness from eBay IS diferent from the OEM one..I don't know if it's a copyright issue or no, but they are diferent..

jzuha01,
Here's a relief: You do not need to modify the kit. I think what you are refering to is the switch harness. I had the same prob. since mine were from eBay too. To be honest, I can't recall exactly, but I think you would leave that conector unplugged depending if you car's an auto or manual.
Let me search my threads..I believe this is where you are stuck:
Old 01-14-2006

Well I have a manual and that is the part that I am getting stuck on everything else is childs play. So if you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Old 01-14-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jzuha01
Well I have a manual and that is the part that I am getting stuck on everything else is childs play. So if you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
I know so..I went thought the same ****. Hold on, let me see what I can do.
Old 01-14-2006

Ok thanks
Old 01-15-2006

This pic. should help you complete the process for your fogs. I think you have this same switch harness and these two connector (red arrows) are probably the ones giving you the hard time. Just connect them on the fuse box under the steering wheel as you see right here; it should work. Let me know.