Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

i have this option

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i have this option

ok i have an oportunity to trade my stock SSM hood from my 01 coupe for a CF hood from an 02 sedan thats also SSM. it would be an even trade. there are holes in the hood for the windshield fluid jets. not sure if they were made by the owner or just my manufacturer. should i do it? SSM with a cf hood any good looking? my gf thinks it will be rice. but what does she know, it ain't her car. i think it would be nice. any opinions?
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i'm seriously considering the evo vented style. if it looks bad, just get it painted silver and you will still have a lighter hood.
Old 12-26-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
i will look nice. ive seena few SSM's with CF hoods.
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
another thing i hate about cf hood are the hoodpins. are there alternatives to this or cleaner looking ones that would blend in? these look pretty good...

Old 12-26-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i don't want the hood pins. the one im talkin about is OEM style. its nice. and it opens like normal hood latched
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

ArthurBrazil will become famous soon enoughArthurBrazil will become famous soon enough
Are'nt most hoods made with oem latches??
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member

um hood pins are required for a cf hood because its so light and on the freeway it can pop up, latch or no latch. I've seen it happen 3x on this site with the oem style hood and the car was nearly totaled.
Old 12-26-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
um hood pins are required for a cf hood because its so light and on the freeway it can pop up, latch or no latch. I've seen it happen 3x on this site with the oem style hood and the car was nearly totaled.
idk, she don't have any. just the latch. how can it pop up? wtf?
Old 12-26-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
does paint in a CF hood look unmatched?
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member

when you feel how flimsy it is, you'll know. the latch can come loose from the hood cause its not held on real tight. you can't really do anything solid on a cf hood cause just about anything like screws would just crack it. here are a few more pics

Old 12-26-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
you could always get a custom metal latch madebut still goging to be flimsy.
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member

hmm so where can i find some stealth looking pins? and are they easy to install? maybe they can be painted black to match better. also when you had your evo hood, did it come with a cf trim piece already in it?
Old 12-26-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

I still have my evo hood and, the VIS trim pierce is a part of the mold of the hood. The pins are really easy to install you just put them where the stock rubber hood bumps things are. you cna paint the hood pins black but after you remove the pins a few times it is going to come off.
Old 12-26-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
id say go with the cf hood.. im going to get the invader style i think with cf trunk soon.. so it would look pretty sweet on my fiji blue..
Old 12-26-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
aren't the sedan hoods different than the coupes? i always thought so but not sure....
Old 12-26-2005
Premium Member

same. which oem hood was the best that you supposedly don't need hoodpins for? seibon? i might just go oem style...
Old 12-26-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
look at the underside of the hood, if it has a skeleton and such (like a stock one) then it should be fine. if it is just the backside of the fiberglass, it'll break...the latch doesn't just rip out, the hood flexes with the wind movement and eventually break the glass. the skeleton hold's it shape.
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes......actually up to date most CF hoods for our car are oem latch capable... hoodpins =
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

civicex9980 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a seibon cf oem style hood on my ssm coupe on the bottom side of the hood has a whole fiberglass molded support skeleton thats really strong and looks like the stock hood but painted black. The hood is not flimsy at all and latches just like the stock hood. I picked mine up for kitzandmore.com for like $496 shipped. not bad if you ask me I've seen some offbrand hoods that require hood pins that cost like $500 without shipping.

Last edited by civicex9980; 12-26-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-26-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

Originally Posted by civicex9980
I have a seibon cf oem style hood on my ssm coupe on the bottom side of the hood has a whole fiberglass molded support thats really strong and looks like the stock hood but painted black. The hood is not flimsy at all and latches just like the stock hood. I picked mine up for kitzandmore.com for like $496 shipped. not bad if you ask me I've seen some offbrand hoods that require hood pins that cost like $500 without shipping.
example to what i said number one.

Originally Posted by HonCivX02
yes......actually up to date most CF hoods for our car are oem latch capable... hoodpins =
just cuz the have the latch doesn't mean that it will stay
Old 12-26-2005

ill decide about the hood pins when i get it. itll be a few months. i don't want to mess with a cf hood just to put in pins. i don't even know how to use pinds. besides, its a cleaner look without them. so anyway, thanks for the help yall. ill keep that latch thing in mind.
Old 12-26-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

there's a 4 pound difference, stock hood is 12 lb.s and cf is 8
Old 12-26-2005

well how much do hood pins cost?
Old 12-26-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

depends....around 30-50 i believe....but i havnt checked in awhile.
Old 12-26-2005

just found out the holes for the winshield washer jets were from manufacturer. so it IS an OEM hood. still don't know from what manufacturer.
Old 12-26-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

just look at the underside, and also the holes dont mean it's oem, mine had holes and they didn't fit....i bought the gay led washers that fit....no no led's hooked up (shroomster eat your heart out), but i think it looks good with the dark hood and chrome sprayers.
Old 12-26-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
don't do it your g/f is right... lol
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
SSM and CF look beast as hell...get it.
Old 12-27-2005

Done

Last edited by MajinB; 12-27-2005 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-27-2005
Premium Member

well wow seibon is expensive! but i will get it if hoodpins are not required. here is mine with oem hood

Quick Reply: i have this option