Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Decision Decision

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
I think the black GT-7s look the best.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goodtimes is on a distinguished road
go with works you must
Old 12-16-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
I say Volks all the way... In black or gunmetal.. Either way baller status...
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Shaggycivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by drew22mader
Well hopefully my wheels with sell soon....in the for sale forum for all you who didn't know I was selling them. I have a decision to make. I'm so stuck between three things and need some opinions. Here is what i can do.

A. Buy my same wheels in 19" and get either the Alpine IVA-D310 7" Flipout/Pioneer AVIC-N2

B. Buy Work Emotion CR Kai Gunmetal in 18" and buy the Alpine IVA-D310 and the Pioneer is out because its more than the Alpine

C. Buy the 18" Volk GT-7's in either Gunmetal or Black with polished lips. And nothing else and have about $250 left over.

Let me know what you think guys.

A. 19's? thats way to big for a civic, and those wheels are ugly on your car.

B. CR Kai are ok, but 18's are still to big. Good thing you picked the Alpine over the Pioneer because the quality sucks. Plus you can't use the NAV going over 5mpg but you could on the N1. But you know everything so who has to tell ya?

C. Volks? Nice choice but 18's? You are driving a civic not a Escalade.. Maybe you can get a chrome emblem for the side of your ride that says 18 " dawg... Drop down in size a little, maybe 16's or something.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
^^ Sounds like your a lil upset with what he said in ur thread?

if you dont like his car thats fine. what he said in ur thread was simply fact of products and specs.... what ur saying is all opinion I semi agree with u on the 18s being big, however, the way his car is done, he makes it look real guud. some people can pull it off, drew22mader and XTREME2K2CIVIC being two examples and others that cant, i wont mention any names, but this question of this thread was A. B. or C. not D. HATE .... if theres something to tell him tell him through pm

Last edited by 02civic_rida; 12-17-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-17-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Totally agree w/ you 02civic_rida.... Someone's hatin'...LOL....

19's all the way baby... BALLER STATUS.....Big Pimpin' and I love it...
Old 12-17-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Its all good, I could careless if 1 person doesn't like my car. There is always someone out there that won't like it. But really, I don't think its a matter of really not liking the wheels. If you're mad at me because i said something about the headunit then o'well.

I enjoy riding on my 18's, and if Volk would offer the wheel in 19", you better believe i would jump on that. Volk, Work, SSR, Wed Sport, etc.... "BALLER STATUS" as Xtreme2k2civic stated. Not many people can afford wheels like that, or would drop $2500 + on wheels, and plus they are rare. So when i post a thread saying, A,B, or C, don't come on here all mad and tell me useless crap. I could care less man. And, the chrome thing on the side of my car, why on earth would i put 18"? My ride is clean, and you're the only one who think that its not. hmmm, sounds like your still mad.

Oh and also, before you go and try to tell me that you can't use the Nav function over 5 mph, you couldn't be more wrong. On the Pioneer, it does work over 5 mph, so before you try to tell me it doesn't, go on google and search it. Everyone has hacked it and it works no matter what speed. Please man, don't try and tell me about stereos. I have forgotten more then you prolly know. Unlike you, i research stuff and then make my decision.

Now, I'm done with this man, You can ask anyone on here, I like to help people as much as I can. I'm not the type of person who is gonna hate on people and cause drama on 7thgen. You came on here saying that a headunit was prolly the best for under $1500, and i simply told you it wasn't and you didn't like it. Ok, its over, so don't go whoring on threads.

Last edited by drew22mader; 12-17-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2005
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Shaggycivic
A. 19's? thats way to big for a civic, and those wheels are ugly on your car.

B. CR Kai are ok, but 18's are still to big. Good thing you picked the Alpine over the Pioneer because the quality sucks. Plus you can't use the NAV going over 5mpg but you could on the N1. But you know everything so who has to tell ya?

C. Volks? Nice choice but 18's? You are driving a civic not a Escalade.. Maybe you can get a chrome emblem for the side of your ride that says 18 " dawg... Drop down in size a little, maybe 16's or something.

A B C. dude what the hell r u talking about.. 19s look the **** on our civics... perfect fit.... and no they are not ugly... 18s too big???? wtf what the hell do u recomend 13s... look!!! plain and simple i wanna see u put ur civic next to his.... show us what u have post pics
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Its all good, I could careless if 1 person doesn't like my car. There is always someone out there that won't like it. But really, I don't think its a matter of really not liking the wheels. If you're mad at me because i said something about the headunit then o'well.

I enjoy riding on my 18's, and if Volk would offer the wheel in 19", you better believe i would jump on that. Volk, Work, SSR, Wed Sport, etc.... "BALLER STATUS" as Xtreme2k2civic stated. Not many people can afford wheels like that, or would drop $2500 + on wheels, and plus they are rare. So when i post a thread saying, A,B, or C, don't come on here all mad and tell me useless crap. I could care less man. And, the chrome thing on the side of my car, why on earth would i put 18"? My ride is clean, and you're the only one who think that its not. hmmm, sounds like your still mad.

Oh and also, before you go and try to tell me that you can't use the Nav function over 5 mph, you couldn't be more wrong. On the Pioneer, it does work over 5 mph, so before you try to tell me it doesn't, go on google and search it. Everyone has hacked it and it works no matter what speed. Please man, don't try and tell me about stereos. I have forgotten more then you prolly know. Unlike you, i research stuff and then make my decision.

Now, I'm done with this man, You can ask anyone on here, I like to help people as much as I can. I'm not the type of person who is gonna hate on people and cause drama on 7thgen. You came on here saying that a headunit was prolly the best for under $1500, and i simply told you it wasn't and you didn't like it. Ok, its over, so don't go whoring on threads.
Last time I checked SSR was bankrupt and sold to Tanabe, True "Baller status" indeed
Old 12-17-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I would still consider them that, Speed Star Wheels is the one who went bankrupt, SSR wheels will still be sold, and they aren't cheap either. JDM>Other IMO of wheels. Just when you think of great wheels, Those Volk, Work, SSR, Wed Sport, "real" Racing Hart, Advan come to mind.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

I'm not hating, I believe someone told me in my thread that if I post I'll get opinions.

Look, all I'm saying is I got some true opinions in my thread and I took it like a man. I didn't cry, some of his opinions was right some was wrong. I will state that the NAV touchscreen isn't going to be as good quality picture as mine but we can sit here and argue that all day. Doesn't matter, its over.

I'm simply stating that the kind of cars I've always been into 17's or bigger just isn't "in".. Its been that away since 99 when I started getting into imports with the 99 Si EBP. It just isn't my thing, I'm not hating but I did give a full opinion when usually I just let it go and let people build their cars the way they want. I just returned the opinion is all it was.

Yes, 19's look like complete trash on civics. So does 18's, whats next, some bags? Buy a SUV and throw some spinners on it baller.

Pictures of my car? I have some from the dealership when I took delivery on it a few weeks ago, its in the introduction thread. Its how I like it, CLEAN. Will I change my rims out? I thought about some Volk TE-37's Bronze in 16's, but I've decided to stay with HFP since nobody around here has them.

I've said all I'm going to say, if Drew wants to hate me for giving him a opinion then let it be but I'm not holding anything against anyone from here on out. I just wanted to give me opinion and I wasn't lying or stretching it. 19's look like trash and always will be. Might as well go chrome..
Old 12-17-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
just overnight the advans from japan end of story
Old 12-17-2005

Dizzle are you sure? I think SpeedStar Wheels was the ones who went bankrupt, Speed Start Racing Wheels I thought was the "real" deal Speed Star.

Shaggy, i did say if you post it you'll get the opinions. BUT..I put in my thread though i told people to choose between the 3, i never included anything after C. A, B, and C and not anything else. Read first, talk later. If you didn't agree with it then don't post in my thread, i was only asking for the choices. You saying 19's on a car looks like complete trash is just your opinion. Seems like you come on here just to start trouble. You say your ride is clean, well so is mine. Your thread stated a false fact and i corrected it, mine asked for a choice between 3. But you had to be angry and go on my thread and say that stuff.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
Yo gotta go with the Works. There is a red 240 runnin around here with them & it looks HOT!! Thats just imo, your car will look great with any of them.
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Dizzle are you sure? I think SpeedStar Wheels was the ones who went bankrupt, Speed Start Racing Wheels I thought was the "real" deal Speed Star.

Shaggy, i did say if you post it you'll get the opinions. BUT..I put in my thread though i told people to choose between the 3, i never included anything after C. A, B, and C and not anything else. Read first, talk later. If you didn't agree with it then don't post in my thread, i was only asking for the choices. You saying 19's on a car looks like complete trash is just your opinion. Seems like you come on here just to start trouble. You say your ride is clean, well so is mine. Your thread stated a false fact and i corrected it, mine asked for a choice between 3. But you had to be angry and go on my thread and say that stuff.
Don't cry Drew, I never wanted to hurt your feelings. Since you keep coming back telling me I'm just here to start trouble I'll finish it off by saying this.. I didn't ask for opinions in my thread. You gave it anyways, I didn't cry.. I may of made a mistake but lets its the best picture quality under 1100 which is 400 under what I mentioned. If you want to talk **** you show me retail brotha, not your special "deals". I paid under 300, but did I mention I got a "special" deal, no. I'm talking about retail, what most people pay anyways.

On that note, I mentioned my opinion when you asked for it. I gave you my opinion, all 3 was *** so I stated what I felt was a good opinion. All 19's look like **** on civics, bling bling dawg.

Don't cry just because I returned the favor, I said I didn't mean it in any harm and just wanted to state my opinion back. I'm done with it, you can continue all you want after you get off work salting my fries when I go to the drive thru..
Old 12-17-2005

Salting your fries? You think working at a fast food resteraunt would pay for all the stuff i've done to my car? You don't even have a clue what all i have done to it. I go to College and I also work there since you must TRY and bash where i work. LOL, buddy you don't even have a clue! You turned this thread into an argument.

I'm done
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

I'm not going to hold a grudge, its all good.

To give you an answer its C. I'm a sucker for Volks, but I still think 16's with a little bigger tire would be
Old 12-17-2005

k, lets forget all that crap man. I don't wanna argue with people and have enemies on the site.
Old 12-17-2005
Reppin Stage 7

Dont sweat it Drew...Hes just a poor nOOb...
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
so am i lolz
Old 12-17-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
Dont sweat it Drew...Hes just a poor nOOb...
This coming from someone who spelled it with capitol O's. Why not keep the subject on what Drew originally posted. You can call me a "nOOb" in a PM if you makes you feel better.
Old 12-17-2005
ALGARETE

PICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of lightPICHY is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Shaggycivic
Yes, 19's look like complete trash on civics. So does 18's, whats next, some bags? Buy a SUV and throw some spinners on it baller.

well in your opinion i strongly disagree with u...16s just wont do it my friend not on my end....
Old 12-18-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by PICHY2G
well in your opinion i strongly disagree with u...16s just wont do it my friend not on my end....

Thats classic.. haha
Old 12-18-2005

ok ok, back to topic
Old 12-18-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
B!!!!!!!! And use the extra cash to get some "RED" Ray's lugnuts.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

01civicuh is an unknown quantity at this point
dont get the works...cuz i might get them...lol...ur ride is hot..leave it alone...

Originally Posted by yourinmyw0rld

who's car is that? looks familiar...i think ive seen it at one of the SoCal meets b4...i think topfuels like 2 years ago...? wuts his 7thgen name?

Last edited by 01civicuh; 04-04-2006 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
SSR was bought out by Tanabe, but Tanabe still sells a lot of its wheels.

I don't see how Work or SSR are considered baller status. Those are pretty affordable wheels.

For some reason, I think your current wheels look better than the choices you listed. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm thinking 18" gold with polished lip for some reason.
Old 04-04-2006

Why did we revive this? I'm getting 19" Volk Gt-7's in Gunmetal, its been settled like 3 months ago. lol sorry
Old 04-04-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
i say stick wit ur rims now and get a D2 or N3..... u will save more $$$$

yeaa my friend gettin those rims for his G35.... the lip is crazyyy

Last edited by djrabbi; 04-04-2006 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2006

Save my $$? Nah i don't want to, the wheels come out being $2100 and then i need Nitto tires, Rays Lugs, and Center Caps. All in all it comes out being $2870.

You say get the D2 or N3? Didn't you see where i got the Alpine IVA-D310? I got Navi too.

Quick Reply: Decision Decision