Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Hid

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03EXD17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hid

After 2 weeks since ordering them I will finally have my 8000k HID plug and play kit installed tomarrow or should I say later this morning. They hit my pocket for $400........ , but everyone tells me it's worth it.
Old 12-15-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate to say it, but..this thread is pretty useless..without pics or anything. congrats on your H.I.D kit..but dont bother posting stuff unless you have pictures of your kit installed or something. and 400 bucks is expensive ! if thats US money...
Old 12-15-2005
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
pics?
Old 12-15-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah man, post up some pictures when ya get them! BEFORE installing! Please?
Old 12-15-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
hate to break it to you, but 8000k is useless. have fun seeing blue stripes, roads, grass, bumpers, signal lights, and red & blue flashing lights
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

EssEss21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by infinite012
hate to break it to you, but 8000k is useless. have fun seeing blue stripes, roads, grass, bumpers, signal lights, and red & blue flashing lights
hahahaha so true.
Old 12-15-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Have fun not being able to see that much, anything more than 8000k is just for show. This post sux without pics!

Last edited by drew22mader; 12-15-2005 at 02:01 AM.
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
lol, what he said!
Old 12-15-2005

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
i think 8000k+ plug and play is as common as sticking on decals nowadays

sorry man but 8000k is so useless and only blinds oncoming traffic, oh yeah have fun straining your eyes!
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

SEVYN is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont want you feelin like crap.

just enjoy your $400 8000k HIDs. but stay away from pigs.

these are 6000k
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
DAMN YALL ARE MEAN! lol.
Old 12-15-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
grrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaattttttttttt thread
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

My bad everyone the HID kit is a 7000K just installed and pics will be up so.
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

Soon
Old 12-15-2005

hmm.. thast kind of an odd temp
Old 12-15-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
7000k? wtf? did that come with a hello kitty exhaust pipe?
Old 12-15-2005

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this thread ownz
Old 12-15-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Plug and play is generally crap. Thats my two cents.
If you read around here: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ you'll see why.

Its generally great for you, but frankly, a car with stock halogens isn't meant to take an HID bulb. The 'filament' (HID has no filament, but you get what I'm saying...) placement is completely dif. vs. stock halogen, the optics of the reflector weren't designed for it. You might think it looks great with a 'great cutoff', but frankly the cutoff is just where the reflector ends and will likely exist regardless of what you put there.

Furthermore, you may think the lighting is great, but you're likely putting down way too much light directly in front of your car, right where you don't need it, that'll result in fixation on the front of your car. In the mean time, the glare will be blinding to oncoming drivers. So now plug and play HIDs are a hazard to you and other drivers, plus theres legality issues (which exist for the very reasons I just mentioned).

Theres a lot of people on this site who like their plug 'n play HIDs, but the fact of the matter is that stock halogen reflectors aren't designed for them. Unless your planning to retrofit a projector (ideally an HID projector, retrofits are great, you can pick up a pair of TSX projectors for about $200) you shouldn't even bother. Retrofits will give you the best performance, are the safest to you and other drivers and IMHO, look the best too.

As for $400, thats a bit of a high price for a kit, but not -too- bad. 8000k is a bit of a high colour temp., lower temperatures would actually make the light a bit more useful in that it would give better output instead of just making you a ball of purple glare. Do yourself a favour, buy some projectors, retrofit them, make it a project, have a bit of fun with it, you'll look better than every other ball of glare ricer out there.
Old 12-16-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by dre2600
Plug and play is generally crap. Thats my two cents.
If you read around here: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ you'll see why.

Its generally great for you, but frankly, a car with stock halogens isn't meant to take an HID bulb. The 'filament' (HID has no filament, but you get what I'm saying...) placement is completely dif. vs. stock halogen, the optics of the reflector weren't designed for it. You might think it looks great with a 'great cutoff', but frankly the cutoff is just where the reflector ends and will likely exist regardless of what you put there.

Furthermore, you may think the lighting is great, but you're likely putting down way too much light directly in front of your car, right where you don't need it, that'll result in fixation on the front of your car. In the mean time, the glare will be blinding to oncoming drivers. So now plug and play HIDs are a hazard to you and other drivers, plus theres legality issues (which exist for the very reasons I just mentioned).

Theres a lot of people on this site who like their plug 'n play HIDs, but the fact of the matter is that stock halogen reflectors aren't designed for them. Unless your planning to retrofit a projector (ideally an HID projector, retrofits are great, you can pick up a pair of TSX projectors for about $200) you shouldn't even bother. Retrofits will give you the best performance, are the safest to you and other drivers and IMHO, look the best too.

As for $400, thats a bit of a high price for a kit, but not -too- bad. 8000k is a bit of a high colour temp., lower temperatures would actually make the light a bit more useful in that it would give better output instead of just making you a ball of purple glare. Do yourself a favour, buy some projectors, retrofit them, make it a project, have a bit of fun with it, you'll look better than every other ball of glare ricer out there.
Awesome!!! Thats why i got rid of mines and just put regular yellow H4 bulbs for temporary so i wont keep gettin flashed lol. Im jsut saving up for some nice retrofit!! And i understand just cuz u have plug in HIDS doenst mean its gonna look great and ive been drivin with all this glare for 1 1/2 yr already
Old 12-16-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it will be like driving with parking lights on. oh well you still have street lamps hopefully.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

If you look through the hidplanet.com retrofit pictures/vids forum theres some nice retrofits there, seriously, this would make an awesome project, plug and play is just too easy sometimes wheres the fun?
Old 12-16-2005

http://retrofit1.dirtysamurai.com

i revised/updated the page

total cost of parts: $600.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

Nice find Those projectors could maybe use some trim rings though, maybe chrome ones?
Old 12-16-2005

nice find? i made it...didn't have to find it.

and trim rings wouldn't really fit...
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

Sorry I meant to say good write up You'll have to cut me some slack, its finals week up here, so sleep is kind of not happening at all...

The Valeo projectors are pretty good, I've seen a lot of good retrofits with E46, TSX and S2000 projectors too. Apparantly the S2000 ones are in pretty high demand, good optics or something to that effect.
Old 12-16-2005

i can understand. i wasn't trying to be an *** or anything, but if i came off sounding like one, then i'm sorry.

tsx and s2000 projectors are in a league of their own. very sharp, very wide, very colorful.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

I've heard that the new TL ones are pretty good too, but haven't had a chance yet to give them the once over
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

classact307 is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally some people who know what they are talking about!! Props to dre2600 and infinite012. I like people who go out and find something that works, and improve it, or make it work on something of lesser quality ( TSX HID on a civic).
Old 12-16-2005

Originally Posted by classact307
Finally some people who know what they are talking about!! Props to dre2600 and infinite012. I like people who go out and find something that works, and improve it, or make it work on something of lesser quality ( TSX HID on a civic).
you must be new here. i'm the lighting moderator.

on a more on topic note, this thread has veered way off topic.
Old 12-16-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Yes!!! Retro is the only way!! This is an EG with s2k projectors.......

Quick Reply: Hid