Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got my intake!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
got my intake!

so i got the intake today. thanx gearbox! so anyway, i won't have time today or tomorrow to install it but i will get pics of it up tonight. ill install it friday morning. might do a DIY if needed. don't know. still happy!! < this is what my face looks like except with glasses on
Old 11-23-2005
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
< this is what my face looks like except with glasses on
LOL my face looked like that after i had my I/H/E installed

-PeTeY!! ::EM2::
Old 11-23-2005
MAVS FAN 4EVER

jknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the roughjknudsen is a jewel in the rough
Let us know how it all goes, and if you can post some before / after sound clips??
Old 11-23-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
uh oh ... hopefully gearbox's lemon problems aren't contagious ;P
Old 11-23-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Sweeeeeeeeet! Intake only takes like 10 mins. What kind did you get? Good to see ya happy dude.
Old 11-23-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Sick Cycle
uh oh ... hopefully gearbox's lemon problems aren't contagious ;P
dude STFU. he got screwed for different reasons than the intake. don't mean to be mean but your killin my here. anyway,
*****- its a K&N Typhoon SRI in silver. i had 2 hours to do it when i came home from lunch w/the gf. but i chose not to. ill print the directions from K&N and take a few hours on purpose. i like to take my time doin my stuff. idk why, im **** about it to the turn of a screw. i have a digital camera- tell me how to seperate the sound from the movie i can make with it and i will try to post a clip. or some place to host the mini movie.
Old 11-23-2005
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
sound clip would be nice, congradulations man.
Old 11-23-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
have fun!
Old 11-23-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
That's sweet. How much did you pay for it?
Old 11-23-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
ok well i guess you should be stoked
but really mang it dont do much..
thats why he isnt useing one!
intakes are good for gas mileage maybe but dont add much unless the system is really restricted..
Old 11-24-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya no more na for me. the only thing i'm keeping is the exhaust. ported head is going in trash next summer and selling the kamikaze header. then its turbo baby. enjoy the intake
Old 11-24-2005

gearbox hooked me up for 125 shipped cause i buy from him preferably. and yea our stock box is effin huge and restrictive. im hoping ill get better mileage. i get over 40 in the city anyway so it would be great for more. and it will do something for my car. ive asked others with intakes that have autos and they said they have felt a difference. so i know i will cause i drive a stick. itll be fun. im still stoked. im doing all these things slowly to build this thing. i think the next thing will be a cam gear...and then the cam with a a/f controller
Old 11-24-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
ya no more na for me. the only thing i'm keeping is the exhaust. ported head is going in trash next summer and selling the kamikaze header. then its turbo baby. enjoy the intake
yea thats why im not gettin a header, cause i might be a tester for dezod in a while. thanx man!
Old 11-24-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
you need a vafcII? $250 shipped lol.
Old 11-24-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
you need a vafcII? $250 shipped lol.
i don't think so. broke. just bought gf a diamond necklace.
maybe in a few months when i get a cam gear, and you lower the price...and i have actually money to spend
Old 11-24-2005
Ride BMX

Even if the intake doesn't add any hp, it'll sound a lot better, lol. You'll have a lot of fun with it.
Old 11-24-2005
The Beez Kneez

whats up on the head gearbox?>
will it fit my EX MT?
Old 11-24-2005
Premium Member

the head or the header? the head is port/polish valves and milled (200psi instead of 135 is very bad for a turbo setup but good for na). So ya the compression is high I have to warn you. If you were talking about the header, the kamikaze will also fit an EX and should be off when the weather gets warm again next summer.
Old 11-24-2005
The Beez Kneez

lol yeah the header>>
Old 11-25-2005

ok it took me about 2 hours to take the stock one out, put the new one in and checked everything a ridiculous amount of times over.

this is the intake in my room.

this one is where the first 2 bolts need to be unscrewed. they come out with the washers. 10mm. all of them except the battery were 10mm.

this is after the inlet is out, again the mount points and the rubber thing should come out with it, just shimmy it off.

this is the resonator, it was a bitch. red arrows are the bolts to undo. after you loosen them take them out but DON'T try to take the resonator off yet.

this is the last part the connects to the ITB. red arrow is AIR SENSOR. you will need that in a minute. the PINK arrow is the ITB clamp. its right beside the air sensor as you can see but its hidden under this big black box. flat head screw driver will loosen it. after the 2 bolts to loosen the box you can remove it.

this is with the box off of the ITB. notice that i temporarily unscrewed the cruise control line moved it up to have space to work with. made things easier. 8mm socket needed for those.

this green thing is what took the longest, i was about to kill it!!! i was pissed. flathead screwdriver under the tab and twist up. then take your finger and lift the tab up, then pull. this is the resonator mount. it was a bitch! be patient like me. now you can take the resonator out.

this is with the intake isntalled and all things tightened. RED arrows are where i tightened stuff included with kit, ORANGE arrows are the bolts for the cruise control wires.
ok i took it for a test drive. this thing is LOUD. at about 3k you can notice it. i did the right thing and disconnected my battery so the a/f parameters will have to reset. i redlined it and now feel stupid cause i bet it sucked like 2x more gas than normal. its nice, WOT you can hear the intake take over, and the motor sounds different. way different. as for the "feeling of hp" idk yet. i will wait till my fuel parameters are set again so i can enjoy my 40mgp. but i will update. i did feel some difference. its nice. pulls better. but i will attribute that to the cold air outside also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0401.JPG
Views:	630
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	62386   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0402.JPG
Views:	650
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	62387   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0403.JPG
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	62388   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0404.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	62390   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0405.JPG
Views:	642
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	62391  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0406.JPG
Views:	629
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	62392   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0407.JPG
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	62393   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0408.JPG
Views:	633
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	62394  
Old 11-25-2005

this is meant to be a little help to the Kand N instructions cause i felt they were a little lacking. clips of sound will come in a few days. i gotta get ready for work.
Old 11-25-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
hmmm nice but ill be very honest ok....

Dont you wish that d17's intake were more like k series engines...

Its kind of bizzare having come out on top like that instead of the side like the k engines..

nice DIY BTW
Old 11-25-2005
Ride BMX

Sweeet DIY. I really could have used that when I was about to mine on. The instructions were like..

1) Take off stock intake.
2) Put new intake on.
3) Rev engine and hear the difference.

I'm jk. I had nothing to work with.

Awesome job dude. You like the sound better?
Old 11-25-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
congrats....its only have an intake header and exhaust that u relize how damn slow our cars are.
Old 11-25-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MajinB
dude STFU. he got screwed for different reasons than the intake. don't mean to be mean but your killin my here. anyway,
holy **** ... I won't joke around with you anymore.
Old 11-25-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
i think he was jokin back....gearbox doesn't get screwed, he just in-advertantly always ends up using his car as a guinea pig.
Old 11-25-2005

yea i was just kidding, no offense meant sick cycle. my car is not slow! ah!..every car has its advantages. mine likes to take turns better than alot of other cars. and the intake is sweet sounding. at WOT its sexy as ****. my gf pissed me off though. i called her and told her i was done and told her it was loud at WOT and she called it ricey. GDFS!! anyway i told her it wasn't. im pleased. and gearbox uses his car as a tester on PURPOSE! i think lol. i really think the sound is the best part.
Old 11-25-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
i wish i still had my stock airbox, i'd put it back on, i hate this ebay sh*t
Old 11-25-2005
Premium Member

ya after all my testing, the exhaust is the only thing i'm happy with (oh and the ported tb, cam gear, and optima).
Old 11-26-2005
This is not my batman glass!!

saugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trustedsaugashan should not be trusted
lol majin b, did u see my post about how to remove that green tab, i was gonna break it off, then i was playin around with it and it came off

Quick Reply: got my intake!