Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

help me choose

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02blackcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
help me choose

ok, well i got sponsored by this local performance shop, its an "at-cost" sponsorship, i can get the vis extreme gt carbon fiber hood shipped for $472, the vis invader hood for $460; he also quoted me the price for a vetical doors inc. kit at $799, here is a link to a pic of my car, its post #210 on here http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...=166195&page=6

those rims are photochopped on there but it looks quite similar in real life, besides its not lowered and im going to do that when spring comes around, no point in doing it right before it snows, and i have the altezza style grill on my car, blacked out headlights, and all of those stickers aren't on there anymore

my question is what hood would go better on my car, the invader style, or extreme-gt style, or should i hold off on a new hood for awhile and get my hands on those vertical doors while there this cheap, cuz supposevely vertical doors inc. is trying to get rid of their stock of 01-03 vertical door kits.

if you dont know what these 2 hoods look like here are links, thanks for your future inputs, 02 blackcivic

extreme gt- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...spagenameZWDVW

invader- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...spagenameZWDVW
Old 11-20-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
I like the VIS invader... Instead of getting the vertical doors, why not get a coilover set up first? Dropping your car should always be a first IMO. My car is dropped 2 inches and i'm here in Colorado.
Old 11-20-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Or how about some wheels, do you have any yet? Be pointless to do anything without wheels. i would also say coilovers before vertical doors, vertical doors are getting played out.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

ok, to answer your questions, ive decided to screw the vertical doors, i think i completely re-made up my mind for sure now, what im going to start saving up for now is a carbon fiber hood and trunk, a rsx type-s spoiler, door popper kit, and a new paint job, what im going to do is put the cf hood and trunk on, keep the roof nhbp so the top half of the car is black, get the rsx type-s spoiler modded to fit my trunk, shave the door handles, and get the bottom of the car painted either si blue or tafetta white, which will look best in your opinions, and in spring il get koni yellows and b&g springs
Old 11-20-2005
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
different people have different taste...if i was gonna do all that id just get my car painted either champion white or electron blue, get a nice drop, and a set of rims...maybe a five lug conversion. But then again, thats just me.
Old 11-20-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
OEM style... neither match well at all man.
Old 11-20-2005
Registered!!

alright, and yea, i already have rims, and im gonna drop it too, so i think now im thinkin oem cf hood, cf trunk, keep top painted black, and either go with championship white or electron blue, what would go better with 17' enkei evo 5 bronze rims, thats what kind of rims i have
Old 11-20-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
go with Championship White with bronze, i think that would be sexy!
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

yea, so its decided, championship white bottom half, cf hood, cf trunk, leave roof painted black, shaved door handles, hell yea, sounds good to me, thanks guys, the main reason is i need a new hood due to paint chips and dents from **** who threw rocks at my car, damn haters, and my trunk has rivets in it, they were there when i got the car, duno why? And thers a girl that jus started drivin around my town with the same body kit, tails, exhaust as me, only thing differnt is rims, and i need a change, im also gonna trade my dad for his stock tails and tint em black, cuz im sick of my altezzas, my dad likes em so itl b a fair trade
should i go with the rsx type-s spoiler also? or screw it? what u guys think, if neccessary, i have pics of my car, read post #1
peace, 02blackcivic