Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

7th civic cooler than 8th civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
7th civic cooler than 8th civic

Anybody else like our 7th gen civics more than the new 8th gen civics coming out 2006?...I like the body and frame of my civic better than the new frame/body on 8th gen civics. I think our 7th gen civics , especially coupes, look more sporty than the new civics even the si.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
No, not anymore.

I saw both EX sedan and coupe in real life, on the street.

They look higher class for both.

The rear of the 8th gen sedan is very nice and high class looking.

The 8th gen coupe is purely better looking.

Again, I am comparing stock, not modified 7gen with stock 8th gen.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah a lot of people don't like the 8th gen. But I saw a coupe at the local Honda place, and it was REALLY nice. Stock vs stock I like 8th gen.
Old 11-13-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
nope.

7th gen civic > 8th gen civic for:
Value, user friendliness, clean refined unoffensive styline

8th gen civic > 7th gen civic for:
Economy, aggressiveness, innovation, features, performance, overall coolness, safety, quality

frankly the 8th gen looks more up to date the more I see of them. Sadly our 7th gens are getting old.
On top of that the 8th gen is just a nicer whole package.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, Ive seen both the coupes and sedans in person,...and honstly, i wasnt impressed by either,....on tv/computer/whatever, the 8th gen coupe looks tight,..but after seeing it in person,...I'd stick to a slightly mod-ed 7th gen over a stock 8th....more hp or not,...
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
Up To Date

Originally Posted by diskreet
nope.

Economy, aggressiveness, innovation, features, performance, overall coolness, safety, quality

frankly the 8th gen looks more up to date the more I see of them. Sadly our 7th gens are getting old.
On top of that the 8th gen is just a nicer whole package.
Oh yeah!

UP TO DATE is the word!

For me, usually better looking car means up to date, but that is just me.

For exemple, I would still find 2006 civic better looking than 1996 prelude, celica, ITR...something like that
Old 11-13-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
8th gens look a lot better in person.. but that goes for any car.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I prefer 7th over 8th. 8th is too futuristic lookin imo.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

StealthCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, i gotta check the new 2006 civics out in person, but pictures of em, man they look like other cars on the road , just didn't look as sporty...I will look at them in person.......
Old 11-13-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by orion_squall
Oh yeah!

UP TO DATE is the word!

For me, usually better looking car means up to date, but that is just me.

For exemple, I would still find 2006 civic better looking than 1996 prelude, celica, ITR...something like that
Yeah and I really love the new eclipse too. I would have one hell of a time deciding between a 4th gen eclipse and an 8th gen civic si.

Originally Posted by ***** Fn FBM 85
8th gens look a lot better in person.. but that goes for any car.
yes very very true. especially that white 2 door i saw 2 days ago. damn thats nice!

Originally Posted by StealthCivic
ok, i gotta check the new 2006 civics out in person, but pictures of em, man they look like other cars on the road , just didn't look as sporty...I will look at them in person.......
I really didnt like them till I saw them at a dealership. They are pretty well proportioned. The front of the saloon is a little much at first, and the rear of the coupe too, but they grow on you. Yeah I said saloon. I watch alot of Top Gear. And I plan on moving to europe if I can get a decent job. So don't say anything.

Last edited by diskreet; 11-13-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
yes very very true. especially that white 2 door i saw 2 days ago. damn thats nice!

Omg.. Dude I seen a white one at the dealership (coupe). It had a lip kit and rims.. It was insane. We both looked at each others cars. It was funny.
Old 11-13-2005

Originally Posted by ***** Fn FBM 85
Omg.. Dude I seen a white one at the dealership (coupe). It had a lip kit and rims.. It was insane. We both looked at each others cars. It was funny.
must have looked awesome. The guy driving the one I saw was middle aged and was next to me at a light. He saw me looking at his civic and looked at mine. He gave me a big thumbs up pointing to the dash. (I have converted all lights to blue, and have a DVD player which comes up all blue w/ white text when playing cds.)
Was a nice car and a nice guy. He got a right back at him and a smile.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point
What the hell are the lil lights on the bumper for? Both, UK and Germany have them.

http://honda.de/content/car/15113_26350_glry.php?page=3
Old 11-13-2005

If I am not mistaken, which there is a 90% chance im wrong, they have something to do with the backup lights.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point
Ebay, said they were rear fog lights. I came across this 2 secs ago, was looking for something else, and saw it.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
the 8th gens look like ***... they look like they're designed for women. But thats just an opinion. I think my 7th gen looks so much more aggressive. Plus, by the end of the year i'm dropping a k20a which will eat the 8th gen si. New civics are really over-rated.
Old 11-13-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
if the 8th gen has the HID option, i would be all over it....
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
I think the the 8th gen is a HUGE improvement over 7th...

Don't forget most of us hated the 7th gen when it came out...

Give it time.. the 8th gen is enhanced in almost every aspect IMO.
Old 11-13-2005
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah and I really love the new eclipse too. I would have one hell of a time deciding between a 4th gen eclipse and an 8th gen civic si.
i agree. the elcipse looks a little bit better than the 8th gen, I think.
Old 11-13-2005
Ride BMX

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
i agree. the elcipse looks a little bit better than the 8th gen, I think.

EW! Heck no! The new Eclipses look nasty.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
7th generation still looks better to me...
Old 11-13-2005

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
the eclipse looks better than previous gens, i find. kinda pricy though. i went to a mitsu dealer the other day and jsut the base one with 4 cyl 2.0L 5 speed they want $24, and for the sports package with a v6, 6 speed i think, was $31, but still rather 7th gen vics over all
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
I think its styled more for the older generation
Old 11-13-2005
Ride BMX

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
the eclipse looks better than previous gens, i find. kinda pricy though. i went to a mitsu dealer the other day and jsut the base one with 4 cyl 2.0L 5 speed they want $24, and for the sports package with a v6, 6 speed i think, was $31, but still rather 7th gen vics over all

What a rip. 7th gens rule by far because we all own one.
Old 11-14-2005

yah i know. i was looking for my gf cuz she needs a car and she likes them but once she told me the sales guy said that, i said hell no!! but yah i always agreed with the 7th gen looking the best!

Last edited by dp_yz713; 11-14-2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-14-2005
Registered!!

hotdogpilot is an unknown quantity at this point
this was a bitch for people who bought their 2005's mid-year...like me, only to realize their cars will only be "brand new" for a few more months. i love my car anyway.
Old 11-14-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute

Agree except for the aggressiveness and overall coolness...

Last edited by ramcosca; 11-14-2005 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-14-2005
Registered!!

8th gens look wussy.
Old 11-14-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
I have to agree with diskreet he has some great points on alot of his posts.....

this is what will happen with the 8th gen...

8th gen front bumper looks similar to 01 -03 front bumper..

in 2008-2009 they will add a nicer front bumper with hot fog lamps just like they did for 04-05- civic..
Honda is fuvcking with us once again..

the sedan front is ugly period......
Old 11-14-2005
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
The 7th gen civic is the real last civic. The new civic has new headlights, new lug nuts (5 of them), new body, and tails, hell new car completely. The thing is butt ugly imo. The 7th gen will always have the real civic look.

Quick Reply: 7th civic cooler than 8th civic