Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My ride, opinions/advice welcome

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manick is an unknown quantity at this point
My ride, opinions/advice welcome

I bought this car at 16, and started buying parts for it almost immediately. I made a couple of dumb choices in my earlier days and ended up taking off my old tsunami T1 lip kit, and put on the CF Vis Racing Spoon Lip Kit. The spoiler I personally like, but I know there are better ones out there that I could have gotten, but I am not sure what would look good on this car. What would you say to just a stock OEM spoiler, or an RSX R spoiler? I think either would look good plain or carbon fiber, assuming the OEM spoiler comes in CF. I know most of you will tell me to lose the wing completely, but, thats just not me, and I am modeling my car after Spoon Sports DC2 and DC5 which both have rear wings.

The rims, tires, and coilovers I am dead set on though. My rims are 16" rota slipstreams and my tire's are Yokohama Parada Spec 2 (205/45/16). The coilovers are Tein S.S.

I am trying to make this car a JDM knock-off, and I am finding it difficult to do that in some area's since the car is domestic. Also, I am more concerned about handling performance than appearance as of now, and am thinking of getting some strut bars, a camber kit, and new brake pads as my next upgrades (the stock brake pads are wearing out). Was thinking about Brembo for brake pads, not sure on the other two though.

Last edited by Manick; 01-13-2006 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-10-2005
DU MA Con Cac

Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
nice, but lose the rear spoiler, add some oem/rs sideskirts and rear lip. also dump that car
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

I live in Houston, so lowering anymore than 1" is not an option unless I feel like messing up my car.
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
yeah...lose the wing because it doesn't look good imo and add some nice sides and rear too
Old 11-10-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Manick
I am trying to make this car as JDM as possible
That is impossible. The do not make JDM coupes and also JDM is overrated. Just go for something you like not the JDM craze, like most of the other people, but other than that I actually like the car alot minus the spoiler...
Old 11-10-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
take off the wing
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I don't see anything that says JDM or JDM style besides the wheels maybe...
and the wing looks out of place.....
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

like I said in my first post which it sounds like nobody is reading, I already know the wing looks out of place and want to get a new one. And the only reason I can catagorize it as JDM/hybrid is because of the Spoon Sports style rims, and lip kit. Don't know what else I would call it, especially since I have future plans to get JDM parts for it.
I need more advice than just "drop it" or "lose the wing" which is 99% of the comments I see on Member's Rides Talk.
Old 11-10-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about
cf hood black out those headlights and get HID kit
the wing does look out of place hehe (i had to say it again,,i know i'm sorry haha)
Old 11-10-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

I like that picture the best! You should black out the headlights. Other then that, awesome job!
Old 11-10-2005
DU MA Con Cac

houston, eh?? where i live is just as bad. my car is dumped. I already scraped my stock front bumer. some speed bumps i get stuck.. so yeah slammed that hoe
Old 11-10-2005
DU MA Con Cac

Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
That is impossible. The do not make JDM coupes and also JDM is overrated. Just go for something you like not the JDM craze, like most of the other people, but other than that I actually like the car alot minus the spoiler...
We all know there's no jdm em2s and countless threads issuing about JDM... hahah jk
Old 11-10-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
I would say instead of getting another wing/spoiler, just get a carbon fiber trunk and hood... a nice drop and black out the headlights... ohh and get the rest of the lip kit...

Old 11-10-2005

eklipz will become famous soon enough
I live in Houston, so lowering anymore than 1" is not an option unless I feel like messing up my car.
Dont give me that ****... I had my car 3 years now driving DUMPPPPPED in houston. i had a 3 inch drop with a full lip kit, never messed anything up. Quit being a ***** and do it. On a side note, car looks good, just black the headlights, and lose the wing!
Old 11-10-2005
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
JDM Fenders!
Old 11-11-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Nice rims and front lip. You seriously need to loose the wing... like now! And don't replace it. Definately blackout the headlights for sure and drop it some more if you can. Nice ride overall!
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it. I definately agree the about the wing, however, I still would like to replace it with an OEM wing. I know its probably just extra weight for a civic, but to me it gives a car more character, and most Spoon Sports cars have the OEM wing equipped, so it just goes with the theme better. Truly you must agree that the character of a car is important, since you are all telling me to drop it, which in my case would just be enhancing the appearance until I actually brought it to the track. I have wanted to drop it, but I want to get a camber kit first, which I would like your further advice on before I make any decisions. I'd rather not hasten the wear and tear of my tires from bad alignment just for appearance and risk ruining my lip kit. Keep the good advice coming! Lets hear more about what I could do for handling performance mods, please =)
Old 11-11-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by eklipz
Dont give me that ****... I had my car 3 years now driving DUMPPPPPED in houston. i had a 3 inch drop with a full lip kit, never messed anything up. Quit being a ***** and do it. On a side note, car looks good, just black the headlights, and lose the wing!

Dude... that's kinda harsh don't you think? Welcome the dude...
Old 11-11-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Why are you keep commenting on spoon this and that? While you are rolling on rotas and calling your car jdm/hybrid.

Maybe I was expect to see engine swap (hybrid) and some real "jdm" goodies.
Car looks good, but i wouldn't call your car jdm/hybrid ride.

Recommandations.

Front upper strut bar, Neuspeed
Rear upper strut bar, Carbing
Rear low tie bar, Carbing
Sway bar, comptech or DC5 22MM
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

Nah im cool with that. Most of my friends talk to me in the same way, lol. He said my car looks good and gave me some advice so no hate felt there =)

But I wanted to ask you *****.. Is that photoshop you used to make your sig and avatar? It looks cool. I am taking a photoshop course for the first time this semester, and I just started doing my own stuff with pictures of my car.
Old 11-11-2005
Ride BMX

Nah im cool with that. Most of my friends talk to me in the same way, lol. He said my car looks good and gave me some advice so no hate felt there =)

But I wanted to ask you *****.. Is that photoshop you used to make your sig and avatar? It looks cool. I am taking a photoshop course for the first time this semester, and I just started doing my own stuff with pictures of my car.

I use Photo Impact.. lol. I've never used Photoshop before. Thanks for the comment though.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

As far as refering to my car as JDM/hybrid, I guess I should call it more of a JDM/Spoon immitation. Using cheaper parts that are immitations of JDM/Spoon. And generally speaking, that is the theme I am trying to accomplish, with my upcoming modifications. There are very few, if none at all, real Spoon Sports equipment for the Em2 as far as I know.
Is that still wrong? I don't get to talk about this type of thing often, and thats why I registered to this site, so correct me if im wrong. Thanks for the compliments and part recommendations civicvtec1ps =)
Old 11-11-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah..nice..but..the..wing..noo. i unno..go for like a lip spoiler..or no spoiler ! otherwise..man i love the front of your car !! it looks MEAN !
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

dre2600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most people on this site are generally exceedingly anti-wing, personally I think if you do a spoiler right its not so bad, the OEM spoiler for example, the hybrid spoiler, or the DC5R spoiler being good examples. Usually its the true 'wings' that don't work so well with Civics. Maybe try something a bit daintier.

And start using the word 'clean' maybe instead of JDM, which, over time, has come to evoke the anger of everyone who hears it.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Em2onCPRs
nice, but lose the rear spoiler, add some oem/rs sideskirts and rear lip. also dump that car

but again what i always say, if u like it , keep it. just do ur thing mang.
Old 11-11-2005
Ride BMX

Originally Posted by Nameless
I would say instead of getting another wing/spoiler, just get a carbon fiber trunk and hood... a nice drop and black out the headlights... ohh and get the rest of the lip kit...

I agree with him. Sounds good.
Old 11-11-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
As far as refering to my car as JDM/hybrid, I guess I should call it more of a JDM/Spoon immitation. Using cheaper parts that are immitations of JDM/Spoon. And generally speaking, that is the theme I am trying to accomplish, with my upcoming modifications. There are very few, if none at all, real Spoon Sports equipment for the Em2 as far as I know.
Is that still wrong? I don't get to talk about this type of thing often, and thats why I registered to this site, so correct me if im wrong. Thanks for the compliments and part recommendations civicvtec1ps =)
Don't even mention JDM or Spoon, just say check out my modded civic it doesn't need to be classified in a type.
Old 11-11-2005
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
...also JDM is overrated....

I am happy with mine and I don't have any of that JDM stuff on mine. Yeah I do like the JDM stuff but he is right JDM is overrated. My favorite JDM mod is .... the coin holder <= 10hp

But as for you car Manick... the wing looks out of place probably because of one of three things...
1) Not low enough (I know that you are working on that)
2) Missing the rest of the lip kit
3) All the attention is on the wing because you haven't done any other extreme exterior mods yet
It might look good if you did do all of that to your car so you don't have to lose the wing. JMO.

I do like the lip on the front very nice! Like everyone else... black out your headlights and get carbon fiber hood. JMO Good Luck

texascivic2k1
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice car, keep it up hey where u get that lip and how much it run u?
Old 11-11-2005
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
luvin the lip!

Quick Reply: My ride, opinions/advice welcome