Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My ride, opinions/advice welcome

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berg_Tomaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice ride. I like how the rims goes well with the overall look of the car. A CF hood, blacked-out headlights and Hybrid/OEM spoiler would make the ride look much better Personally I don't like the front lip that much, probably because the car is not low enough but since dropping it furthermore is not an option, I would rather go with the full lip kit
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

Manick is an unknown quantity at this point
Where would I get ahold of type RS sideskirts and rear lip kit? Can't seem to find them. I'm suprised I haven't seen them yet because I spent literally almost a whole day looking for my CF Spoon front lip kit. This is where I got it from for those who wanted to know http://www.carsoption.com/buy/produc...oducts_id=1285
Old 11-11-2005
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
me personally i would lose that spoiler a drag spoiler would look really nice. and finish the kit.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

IceVic05 is an unknown quantity at this point
like some others said,
dont even mention JDM, Spoon, Imitation(sp?)
all you need to say is "modded civic" or just "check out my vic"
looks aight tho... and as much as you hate to hear it, lose the wing
get cf hood, blacked headlight, the usual
Old 11-11-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
The shot of your car from the front from the ground makes your car look sick, but then you see the pics of the sides and it ruins it, i'm sorry but the all black wheels with nothing compliment them doesn't work for me, black out your heads and cf hood and trunk and keep the dark theme, lip kit would make the wing a little less noticable, but you do a cf trunk you won't have to worry about it. You have Tein SS, USE THEM! 1" is nothing, my car has a lip kit and it slammed, my roads are the greatest either but i don't scrape, just take your time and watch for stuff, don't do stupid stuff, your car has alot of potential, check out macHs civic, same color but look what he has done with the blue and cf. His car is awesome. Don't mention JDM/Spoon, has that been mention yet? LOL
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

JohnH is an unknown quantity at this point
Good looking car! Get some Accord center caps, paint them black with make the 'H' red. Get a red grill emblem. Can the wing. Don't go any lower. I think you'll be unhappy. I live in Houston also and know about the pot holes and flooding.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

thw_goalie is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't really like the spoiler. Lose that, and lower it some more.
Old 11-11-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by JohnH
Good looking car! Get some Accord center caps, paint them black with make the 'H' red. Get a red grill emblem. Can the wing. Don't go any lower. I think you'll be unhappy. I live in Houston also and know about the pot holes and flooding.
Finally someone who understands, lol. Yeah I don't really feel it necessary to lower my car too much especially where we live (I live inside the loop near the medical center). Its more of an appearance thing unless your racing, but to me, it doesn't really matter much; its such a minor thing. I may drop it another half inch after I aquire a camber kit, and see how low to the ground my car comes when im entering and exiting the steep parking lot ramps I need to access daily.
Old 11-11-2005
I survived that B*tch Katrina !!!

boombazokajoe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
take off that spoiler....yo
Old 11-12-2005
DU MA Con Cac

Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
if you need an oem spoiler, i have oem spoiiler for sale.
Old 11-12-2005
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Burn that wing, looks like an airplane, other than that looks good.
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
nice looking lip. where did you get it? and what it is called?
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya what lip is that? One of my buddies wants to know as well. And your car looks pretty good but finish the kit and lose the spoiler ....blah blah blah
Old 01-01-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
haha like everyone says lose the wing but get a different style

-DC5 R wing
-oem sides (non aero kit)
-side markers
-black housing headlights
-paint job to champ white, or even full spoon job, (not really neccessary haha)
-cf hood
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you wanna keep your wing then keep it on, it's your ride. I know everyone's saying to take it off but me personally, I would suggest a wing similar to boricua's civic. Black out your headlights, put some matching sides and rear lip, and get some foglights.
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

d17a2outlaw is an unknown quantity at this point
nice lip i got the same one too...

Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
jdm?

what jdm?
Old 01-01-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by orion_squall
jdm?

what jdm?
Old 01-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by d17a2outlaw
nice lip i got the same one too...

so what kind of lip is that? and where can you buy it from?
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

DTTheEmperor is an unknown quantity at this point
you car looks tight.
Old 01-02-2006
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ragingSPAM
-paint job to champ white, or even full spoon job, (not really neccessary haha)
spoon battle paint on a 7thgen would be craaaaaazy, someone should do it
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

still no one could tell me what that lip is? and where to get it from?
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Mugen style cf lip? Just a guess.
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

SIXTY is an unknown quantity at this point
that wing is ***
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

centurioncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Manick
I live in Houston, so lowering anymore than 1" is not an option unless I feel like messing up my car.
um, no its not, i drive in houston just fine,and i know a few guys in houston that are SLAMED for daily driving. i have one question though, you said you wanted to be jdm and you dont have any jdm parts. you have a wanna be jdm wheels and lip. im not trying to hate but im just letting you know just incase you thought they were jdm. the car looks pretty good and since you want a spoiler id go with the oem one. you need somthing a lil smaller than the dc5r with our bodystyle unless you have a big bodykit imho.
Old 01-03-2006
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
some one let him know that they dont make jdm 2drs b4 i lock this!

and i fixed your title for your thread.
Old 01-05-2006
DU MA Con Cac

Em2onCPRs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by centurioncivic
um, no its not, i drive in houston just fine,and i know a few guys in houston that are SLAMED for daily driving. i have one question though, you said you wanted to be jdm and you dont have any jdm parts. you have a wanna be jdm wheels and lip. im not trying to hate but im just letting you know just incase you thought they were jdm. the car looks pretty good and since you want a spoiler id go with the oem one. you need somthing a lil smaller than the dc5r with our bodystyle unless you have a big bodykit imho.

hey man stop picking on him..
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

Haven't checked back on this thread in awhile. Once again, let me clear this up - I Never even said my car was JDM, and I am aware that its domestically made. All I said is that it was a JDM immitation with a couple JDM knock-off parts. And I know for a fact that plenty of people on this site catagorize their 7th gens as "JDM", but whatever, im not here to join the "JDM kool kids" club. I'm doing serious research, and im very serious about my car. My thanks goes out to those who left some meaningful comments and advice once again.

For those of you who actually commented on my car, and mentioned anything about the wing, or its ride height:
The wing I agree is out of place, and eventually I will replace it with an OEM factory wing if I dont like the way it looks without one. As far as lowering the ride, it just doesn't make much sense to me as to why I should do it. I mean, what the heck for? A lower center of gravity?
First of all, it would just wear my tire's even faster without a camber kit (which I dont have yet), and secondly, it makes it impossible to enter/exit some parking lots in the city without scratching it badly. While my ride height is only an inch below stock level, my lip kit is lower to the ground than most lip kits. I have pictures I will post up soon showing the type of damage that can be caused to it, being carbon fiber. Even now its hard enough to avoid scraping, and until I see you driving my same ride height with the same lip kit, to the same places I commute to, completely avoiding ground contact, all I have to say is

By the way, thanks for fixing the title, too much misconception was floating around.

Last edited by Manick; 01-13-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-13-2006
Registered!!

Here is an example of when you hit even the smallest of pot holes with a CF lip kit at my ride height going at just 35 mph. Was 4 AM in the morning on a residential block with virtually no light.

No big deal, as its hard to notice from far away, but its damaged to the extent where it cannot be fixed since it actually cracked.
Old 01-13-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
ouch.. sucksssss