Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Just used "Mothers" Clay bar!!! IT WORKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005
ThE CoRRupToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by soonercivic
When you say this it sounds as if you think the clay bar protects the paint. You may or may not know that its strictly for removal of surface contaminates and any old waxes. As many have already said, you must polish and wax after the clay bar. This is mainly so any novice reading this doesnt assume something incorrect.
Yes, must wax after using clay. Dam, i cant stop touching my car its as smooth as a babies bottom even after 5 days lol..........
Old 11-06-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i always heard claymagic was better than mothers but its harder to find.
Old 11-07-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
i always heard claymagic was better than mothers but its harder to find.
Is Claymagic its own brand or a product of another brand?
Old 11-07-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Its a brand name. www.claymagic.net Claymagic is a good product for the weekend detailer, but there are others that are suited for professional detailing and specific aggressivness.
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
When you say this it sounds as if you think the clay bar protects the paint. You may or may not know that its strictly for removal of surface contaminates and any old waxes. As many have already said, you must polish and wax after the clay bar. This is mainly so any novice reading this doesnt assume something incorrect.
what would you use to polish?
Old 11-07-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
Thats your first time using clay Dru?!? Man, youve been missing out. I love claying my car. Comes out better than from the factory. I personally havent tried the Mothers California Clay System (Im guessing thats what you used), because I use the Meguiars, but it all comes out the same.

Very nice work!
Old 11-07-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sweeteli99
what would you use to polish?
Personally i use Meguiars #7 show car glaze or #81 Hand Polish. I also prefer to use a DA polisher myself. If your doing it by hand the #7 is a little hard to work with, but the #81 is very easy. You may also try using the Meguiars Deep Crystal Step 2 polish, its a very good polish that you can pick up almost anywhere, it just doesnt have the same concentration of oils in it that the other two do. I prefer the results of the other two personally though.
Old 11-07-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
hmm, im gonna have my car either recleared and wetsand/buffed or just wetsand/buffed in the spring so i wonder, would you guys think a wetsand and good buff is better or a really goot claybar and wax.
Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by yourinmyw0rld
Its going to rain

Old 11-07-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dru106
Dam, i cant stop touching my car its as smooth as a babies bottom even after 5 days lol..........
u are one sick pedophile.
Old 11-07-2005

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
hmm, im gonna have my car either recleared and wetsand/buffed or just wetsand/buffed in the spring so i wonder, would you guys think a wetsand and good buff is better or a really goot claybar and wax.
Well it really depends on what your ultimate goal is, if your trying to get rid of defects, the severity of those defects, and who would be doing the work.
Old 11-07-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Sick Cycle
u are one sick pedophile.
LOL
Old 11-07-2005

Well it really depends on what your ultimate goal is, if your trying to get rid of defects, the severity of those defects, and who would be doing the work.
lol, it was a more just general answer i was looking for people views, i know wetsand and buff is better and the reclear depends on defects but it will be my dad doing it, and me.
Old 11-07-2005

Well if you or your dad has experience and your trying to get rid of some major defects in the clear, then wet-sanding and buffing out the sanding marks is a great method. Its definetly something that if you dont have experience then you shouldnt do it. Try the claybar first and see if you are happy with the results, that will cost you 10 bucks max. If you dont like that then you may look into wet-sanding the finish. Wet-sanding is a last resort though. You cant really compare the two, they do totally different things to the finish.
Old 11-07-2005

ehh, again i was just interested in what people personally thought looks best, a fresh buffed car or a fresh clayed car. sometimes buffers burn the paint or leave marks so i was wondering what people preferred.
and yes experience is there, dads got 40 years experience and its really not that hard to wet-sand, do it twice and if you understand what your doing you cant f-up.
Old 11-07-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by white2K2EX
Have faith! It takes forever and your arm is sore like you jerked it for several days straight, but it makes your paint sooooo smooth.

Whew, then I'm all set. My arm feels that way all the time....eh.....I don't know why though.
Old 11-08-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
i love clay bars. i use mothers right now, but i used to use a blue one. i can't remember the name and i can't find it anywhere!