Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

***Pics of my SSM...lowered on GC's***

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thekid757x is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation ***Pics of my SSM...lowered on GC's***

Just got it lowered on Ground Control coilovers, Tokico Blues, and Ingalls camber kits. Did it right the first time thanks to the forums!! Whats do you think??" Should i lower/raise the front or rear?? Let me know what you think.

Thanks BigDog!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	61092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gas.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	61093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side1.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	61094  

Last edited by thekid757x; 10-08-2005 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Forgot to rep my man BigDog !!
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
raise the front a bit, it'll look better. get better pics too! those are dark. where in virginia you located?
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

MR. CIVIC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
looks good. how much did you spend on your set up and how much different does the ride feel?
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
NICEEEEEE NOW GET THOSE 19's NOW ;-)
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

Red face

Mr. Civic: The coils, kits, and shocks installed cost me around $1100. The ride is a little stiffer from what I can tell, but cornering is great. I would recommend this setup, as many others have.

sweeteli99: I was thinking about raising the front up, but want to wait for the springs to settle and see if the back drops down to no gap, but I like the stance now. I'm in Chesapeake near Virginia, Beach (Area Code: 757).

Thanks for the comments guys keep em' coming!!!
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

MR. CIVIC has a little shameless behaviour in the past
thanks kid
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
yep, 19's would really set it off...
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
looks good man
Old 10-08-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
You got raped on the price, the GCs are too stiff for Tokicos, the car is too low for Tokicos. I hope you can gut Tokico housings for Konis, you're gonna need it.
Old 10-08-2005

jamesandrew58 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice.. do u scrape? cuz w/ my double xbrace i scrape over some speedbumps and im only dropped on stechs lol

HOLY **** boilermaker1 quad post?
Old 10-08-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JDMInspired
nice.. do u scrape? cuz w/ my double xbrace i scrape over some speedbumps and im only dropped on stechs lol

The forum is acting up
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Love the look, now ya need some larger wheels like others have said.
I would raise the front just a lil bit if it were mine but its not, so keep it if you like it.
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by JDMInspired

Thanks man..yeah i scraped the front already under the bumper, but nothing serious. The GC's actually make me a more careful driver because of the BS roads in Virginia.
Old 10-08-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lxcivic2k1
Love the look, now ya need some larger wheels like others have said.
I would raise the front just a lil bit if it were mine but its not, so keep it if you like it.
Yeah I know I need some larger wheels, but i was thinking my all-time favorite wheel Racing Hart C5's have been discontinued. I was thinking about getting Rota slipstreams for the time being. Which Rotas would you guys recommend? Thanks for all the comments, keep em' coming.
Old 10-09-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Looks good dropped where its at IMO. Rota slipstreams or Circuit 8's would look hot. Black or Bronze?
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
if I ever owned a SSM I would go with 16" black rota slipstreams, c/f hood,lip, and trunk! OUCH :-p

oh and black housing headlights ofcourse!
Old 10-09-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
looks pretty nice, how much of a drop is that?
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
looks pretty nice, how much of a drop is that?
Not really sure. I think its about 3 threads left on the front and like 4 in the back. Don't quote me on that because as you all know, alot of adjusting to get it perfect. But i bought some WD40 last night to see if I can get rid of the popping when I turn my wheel. Anyone know a permanent solution, bc i've searched all over. Gonna spray crazy wit the WD40 and hope it helps, or just blast music all the time.
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

I want to get these...will they fit/look good on my stock tires bc i really dont wanna get new tires bc mine are only 2 months old. The cheapest i fund was on jaydmdotcom for 15" $445.00 Free Ship/Hand. within the U.S. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by thekid757x; 10-09-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

BTY my tires are Bridgestone Potenza P195/60 R15...
Old 10-09-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Originally Posted by thekid757x
Not really sure. I think its about 3 threads left on the front and like 4 in the back. Don't quote me on that because as you all know, alot of adjusting to get it perfect. But i bought some WD40 last night to see if I can get rid of the popping when I turn my wheel. Anyone know a permanent solution, bc i've searched all over. Gonna spray crazy wit the WD40 and hope it helps, or just blast music all the time.
If you re-assemble the bearings correctly, it doesn't pop. WD40 is about the worst thing you can do.
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
If you re-assemble the bearings correctly, it doesn't pop. WD40 is about the worst thing you can do.
The shop I got it done at has looked at it twice to see if everything is assembled correctly. They can't find a problem, so i've searched on the forums, and a lubricant is the best solution for me as of now. If you know anyone in Virginia that can help me with this problem, plz notify or pm me. If not, fall back.
Old 10-09-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

WD40 IS NOT a lubricant, its a solvent.
DO NOT put WD40 anywhere near anything but rusted bolts.
With the car as low as it is, i wouldn't be surpised if the popping is coming from hyperextended steering arms jamming up. Whats the angle on the arms right now?
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

WD40 IS NOT a lubricant, its a solvent.
DO NOT put WD40 anywhere near anything but rusted bolts.
With the car as low as it is, i wouldn't be surpised if the popping is coming from hyperextended steering arms jamming up. Whats the angle on the arms right now?
Ok. Thanks for the advice. Sorry for spazzing on u earlier. I just went and sprayed water into my wheel well to wash the WD40 out . I don't know the angle on the steering arms. I gotta get front camber bolts and alignment tomorrow. Can they check?? Or how can I correct it?? It's really annoying.
Old 10-09-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Open the hood. If the outer steering arm ends are way above the steering box, they'll jam, making the pop sound, which is basically your tie rods hyperextending and skipping teeth on the rack. Not good, tends to tear the steering box apart. Alignment doesn't fix it, you have to raise the car up to fix it.
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

Open the hood. If the outer steering arm ends are way above the steering box, they'll jam, making the pop sound, which is basically your tie rods hyperextending and skipping teeth on the rack. Not good, tends to tear the steering box apart. Alignment doesn't fix it, you have to raise the car up to fix it.
Yeah went and looked at it and everything seems fine...got a ic of teh box and arms to make sure I'm looking at the right thing?? I just think its the springs hitting. Thanks for all your help, homie. Respect.
Old 10-09-2005
Registered!!

Yeah went and looked at it and everything seems fine...got a pic of the box and arms to make sure I'm looking at the right thing?? I just think its the springs hitting. Thanks for all your help, homie. Respect.