Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got an 06 civic!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
got an 06 civic!!!

Hey I just traded my F150 and '04 civic in for an '06 Civic LX 4 door auto (yeah, my fiance is mostly driving the car, hence the auto). But the thing is still on a ship. My condtion on buy it is that it HAD to be Japanese manufactured, hence the reason it's on ship still headed for the US. But it's black with a tan interior. Hopefully this one is alot better than her previous '04 water log we are trading in.

I'm keeping my GSR for daily driving though!!!
Old 09-23-2005
A03
Registered!!

A03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are you saying that some 06's are 100% made in Japan? I haven't seen one yet! The ones I've seen were partially Japan, partially US.. I think it was either engine, trans or maybe both from Japan.

Congrats on the new ride for your soon to be wife. (It's still not too late to get out of it!!!!) hehe
Old 09-23-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats man!
After trading in both cars, you must have gotten the new vic almost free of charge I'd imagine...
What color are you getting?
Old 09-23-2005

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
It black, and no not free, the other two where leases and fairly new cars, I actually have a tad of negative equity, so I'm paying a little over MSRP now But it's cheaper now and in the long run since I don't need the truck anymore.
Old 09-23-2005

Originally Posted by A03
Are you saying that some 06's are 100% made in Japan? I haven't seen one yet! The ones I've seen were partially Japan, partially US.. I think it was either engine, trans or maybe both from Japan.

Congrats on the new ride for your soon to be wife. (It's still not too late to get out of it!!!!) hehe

Uhmmm, yeah some of the parts are made in the US, but the interior, tranny, metal for the unibody (frame) and body and the smaller parts are all made in Japan. Basically I think the sticker said 60% Japan or something like that, I'll check it out when I get the car in 2 weeks lol. Generally Civic engines are made in Toledo Ohio, this si probably made there, like I siad I'll check it out. But when we were looking at them, I sat in a US and Japan one, I could see the difference just in the inside. The US one had larger gaps between panels and all that.

No, I don't want to get out of it lol. I still owe 24k on my F150 that I'm no longer using and her '04 Civic has been nothing but problem after problem for us (she really hates it now). So I'm getting rid of 2 new cars for one new car, lowwer payments, lowwer insurance and all that.
Old 09-23-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on getting the j-vin! The US allows much greater tolerances in the fittment of all sorts of components. Better to get a j-vin car anyday. Enjoy it
Old 09-23-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
lower is spelled with one w.

congrats on the trade in. post pics when you get it
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

Roosbok is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Jrfish007
No, I don't want to get out of it lol. I still owe 24k on my F150 that I'm no longer using and her '04 Civic has been nothing but problem after problem for us (she really hates it now). So I'm getting rid of 2 new cars for one new car, lowwer payments, lowwer insurance and all that.
It sounds like a good trade, but it sounds like in general you really don't recommend that people should buy Civics.
Old 09-23-2005

Originally Posted by Roosbok
It sounds like a good trade, but it sounds like in general you really don't recommend that people should buy Civics.

On the contrary, I reccomended anyone to buy Honda, this is my 8th Honda. Even thought I believe the Japan quality is better, even the US made Honda's have FAR better quality IMO than most American cars (like my F150 and all the others I been recently). I always recomended either Honda or Toyota car to people. I personally like the ride that Honda has over Toyota's, but that's a personal opinion.

And just because my finace and I got one bad civic, I still believe the majority are perfectly fine and that the chances or getting a lemon civic versus a lemon cobalt or Focus is far lower. I cold back that with some figures and such, but I'm to lazy, so I'll just say that's my opinion.
Old 09-23-2005

Originally Posted by infinite012
lower is spelled with one w.

Spelling owns me everyday
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

CivicStudEx is an unknown quantity at this point
dude, congrats...i love black cars...i have a black 01...it still looks great. Def. have to post pics when you get it.
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Kadenx
Congrats on getting the j-vin! The US allows much greater tolerances in the fittment of all sorts of components. Better to get a j-vin car anyday. Enjoy it

good god. I am so damn sick of this misconception. Get your *** into the 21st century....
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
damn, they don't have black with black/grey interior? that sucks!!!!!!~
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

matt86 is an unknown quantity at this point
where the pics at?!! Congrats on the new ride
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
^he doesnt have it yet, its on a boat
Old 09-23-2005

Originally Posted by sweeteli99
damn, they don't have black with black/grey interior? that sucks!!!!!!~

Yeah it's got tan interior, I would have prefered black, but the LX sedan only comes in tan. I think the EX sedan you can get with grey.
Old 09-23-2005

Originally Posted by JP375
good god. I am so damn sick of this misconception. Get your *** into the 21st century....

Like I said, I sat in both a US made sedan and Japan sedan, looking closely at the interior I could tell a difference (I even measured the gaps and offsets of certain parts). Bet I really looked like some sort of freak running around with a caliper measuring gaps in a car. But that is just my opinion, so I won't argue it. If you think the US version is just as good, then good for you. I personally want a Japan one, and that’s what I got.

Don't get me wrong, I don't personally care for the JDM thing. When it comes to after markets parts I have a totally separated and different opinion.
Old 09-23-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
make sure to baby the exterior of the car. there's nothing more sad than seeing a black car with a **** load of swirl marks and mistreated paint.
Old 09-23-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm...are you sure your getting it from japan?
lol..becuase we make them here in alliston, canada...i dont see why japan would make the USDM models, becuase they have their own civic models...see if it says Honda of Canada MFG anywhere on the car, like in the hood.
Old 09-23-2005

Originally Posted by jhonsok
hmm...are you sure your getting it from japan?
lol..becuase we make them here in alliston, canada...i dont see why japan would make the USDM models, becuase they have their own civic models...see if it says Honda of Canada MFG anywhere on the car, like in the hood.

No, you can tell by the vin number. If it starts with 1, it made in the US, 2 is Canada (I think that's how the numbers work), but I know if it starts with a J, then it's made in Japan, I have the vin number already, so I know it's from Japan. Actually I believe the Japan coupe is different, but the sedan might be the same, and I think only the sedan is being shipped in from Japan, and they are only shipping them from Japan for the first few shipments, mine is one of the last to come from Japan, the rest will come from Ohio and Canada. And besides, if it takes them 2-3 weeks to ship it from Canada or Ohio to me (I live in northern Ohio) I think something is screwy lol
Old 09-23-2005

Originally Posted by infinite012
make sure to baby the exterior of the car. there's nothing more sad than seeing a black car with a **** load of swirl marks and mistreated paint.

Actually they just changed the color on me, the read the color code on it and it said blx or something like that, they thought it ment black, but it's actually a dark blue like the in my pic attached. But still that applies to any dark car, and I had a black '03 for about a year and half before I gave it to my dad. On the other hand, dark cars look the best when all cleaned up IMO.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BU_ex_34FRONT.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	60344  
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Jrfish007
On the contrary, I reccomended anyone to buy Honda, this is my 8th Honda. Even thought I believe the Japan quality is better, even the US made Honda's have FAR better quality IMO than most American cars (like my F150 and all the others I been recently). I always recomended either Honda or Toyota car to people. I personally like the ride that Honda has over Toyota's, but that's a personal opinion.

And just because my finace and I got one bad civic, I still believe the majority are perfectly fine and that the chances or getting a lemon civic versus a lemon cobalt or Focus is far lower. I cold back that with some figures and such, but I'm to lazy, so I'll just say that's my opinion.
Ok, that makes sense. Also what you said about the Japanese made Civics. They probably are made a little better in the Japanese plants. For example, the hybrids are all made in Japan, and I think they are supposed to be better made.

Well that's good, you will have a rare 8th gen Civic.
Old 09-23-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
hmm did you drive the car first? i hope?
Old 09-23-2005
You boost, I-VTEC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
wow thats really weird. I'm guessing they can final assemble the Sedans in Japan because they sell them there. I know that the Coupes final assembly will either be US or Canada.

Look at this window sticker. Final assebly says Japan.
http://www.cotse.net/users/redirect/Sticker.JPG
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Hawk
wow thats really weird. I'm guessing they can final assemble the Sedans in Japan because they sell them there. I know that the Coupes final assembly will either be US or Canada.

Look at this window sticker. Final assebly says Japan.
http://www.cotse.net/users/redirect/Sticker.JPG
The 7th gen Sedan was designed in Japan, whereas the coupe was designed in North America. I don't think many coupes are sold in Japan.
Old 09-24-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
hmm did you drive the car first? i hope?

Actually no I didn't drive it. It's mostly my finace's car, she drove one, two actually. She liked, so that's what matters

BTW, she tested the car pretty well, tossed it from side to side floored it and everything. lol She also like the 7thgen exterior style better, she loves the interior of this new car. She said the seats are far better, neither of us liked the 7thgen seats in my '03 or her '04. Plus it gets better MPG