Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

7thgen leather dash conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PANMAN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
7thgen leather dash conversion

Most if not all 7thgens have the leather dashes right? Well this guy has an awesome interior. What did he do to make this plastic/fiberglass look stock. is this something that would have to be custom done. exclude the guages cuz the answer is obvious on that, but every thing else? can someone shed some light on the subject...
Old 09-20-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Its all fiberglassed, You would either stretch fabric over the dash and resin it then lay fiberglass then resin it and build up a layer or two or three, then bondo and the sand. Then paint. And you have a fiberglass dash.
Old 09-20-2005
I R T3H 1338

auto84 will become famous soon enoughauto84 will become famous soon enough
lots and lots of bondo, and even more hand sanding, and even more wet sanding, and one hell of a paint job.
Old 09-20-2005

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
The smoother you can get it with as little bondo the better, you don't wanna use alot of bondo, and just a regular paint job, just like painting a car.
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

you have to do all that for a fiberglass interior? what is this resin your talking about? And are there shops that do this for you? Any idea on cost?
Old 09-20-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Or buy a spin off of that dash.

The NU IMAGE dash:

Look on ebay :http://motors.search.ebay.com/search...e=search&fgtp=
Old 09-20-2005

The big hole where the airbag is looks gay and it doesn't sit flush with your vents or dash where the cd player is. I don't think it would look right, the resin is the hardner for the material and the fiberglass. It is what makes the fiberglass really hard. And yes shops will do this for you, some body shops may, and some stereo shops may, but its gonna cost you alot of money for it. Unless you know someone its gonna run ya alot of money.
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

so you have to rip out the stock dash to install this type? this seems easier than what the others were saying.
Old 09-20-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PANMAN
so you have to rip out the stock dash to install this type? this seems easier than what the others were saying.
The yellow one above is an overlay type.

To be like the black one; the dash will need to come out of the car.
Old 09-20-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you have a leather dash?
Old 09-20-2005

Not ripped out, it will come out in pieces. You wont rip anything out.
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

yeah i have the leather dash. it looks sharp, but i really want to be able make my guages look like they are supposed to be there, like in the picture
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
Thats BIG's car!!! Reppin' Canada baby!!! hahaha. P.s. thats not leather.............lol
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shifty
Thats BIG's car!!! Reppin' Canada baby!!! hahaha. P.s. thats not leather.............lol
yea i know its not leather thats why i was asking how he did it. you know this guy, tell him to explain how he did it.
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

seattlex19 will become famous soon enoughseattlex19 will become famous soon enough
I think what he's getting at is the STOCK dash is not leather...

unless you mean it's rich Corinthian leather (oh god showing my age there!)

Paging Ricardo Montalban...
Old 09-20-2005
Super JDM Member

matt_s is an unknown quantity at this point
lol BIG's interior is sweet.... the mushy part on the dash was stripped of the vinyl and the foam underneath, and then bondo'd overtop with a fiberglass based bondo of some sort. All the hard plastic is basically sanded and painted.
Old 09-20-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
my stock dash isnt leather.
Old 09-21-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
it looks good as hell, but can you imagine the glare coming off of that thing. you wouldn't be able to see anything.
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
Kazell made a CF dash, search!
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

I dont think the glare would be that bad, especially if you had a shade at the top of your windshield
Old 09-21-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PANMAN
I dont think the glare would be that bad, especially if you had a shade at the top of your windshield
the sun DOES come through other parts of the windshield, other than the top 6 inches of the windshield
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manahoonie
the sun DOES come through other parts of the windshield, other than the top 6 inches of the windshield
yea but the shades really help. i have a tribal one on the top of mine and it does good.
Old 09-21-2005

But you don't have a fiberglassed dash! Thats what were saying, of course your dash won't glare that much, the little tribal thingy you called it isn't gonna do anything for a dash like that.
Old 09-21-2005

slammedcivic85 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i know my audio store does that for people i have first hand experience ive seen their work. I'll just post all the pics i have of these car I dont wanna leave anybody wondering what the exterior looks like all i know is its one sick ride have fun
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vic interior.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	60171   Click image for larger version

Name:	vic side shot.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	60172   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk shot.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	60173   Click image for larger version

Name:	exterior shot.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	60174   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine shot.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	60175  

Old 09-21-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by slammedcivic85
well i know my audio store does that for people i have first hand experience ive seen their work. I'll just post all the pics i have of these car I dont wanna leave anybody wondering what the exterior looks like all i know is its one sick ride have fun
No sir, I don't like it.

Amazing what people can come up with sometimes though. Looks like a ton of work went into that!
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

Wow, that interior is hot!! How much did that cost, cuz thats almost exactly the thing i want done to my interior. Nice job man!!!
Old 09-21-2005

slammedcivic85 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont kno i told you guys i got that at a car show my installers did that work but im not sure of what the price was im sure it wasnt cheap though
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

i can only imagine how much it cost
Old 09-21-2005
Registered!!

BiGDoG is on a distinguished road
i dont kno i told you guys i got that at a car show my installers did that work but im not sure of what the price was im sure it wasnt cheap though
Where in NJ is ur shop located? I want to start planning for my system setup for next season car show. Thanks
Old 09-21-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
gay.

Quick Reply: 7thgen leather dash conversion