People with rebuilt or replaced tranny's...? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2005   #1  
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
People with rebuilt or replaced tranny's...?

I have some questions for you....

1. Where did you get the tranny from?

2. Were you still under warranty when you replaced the tranny? If so, 100,000 or what warranty?

3. How much did your tranny cost?

4. Did you have your car towed to the shop where it was installed or did you drive it there?

5. Was your car lowered at the time of the tranny mess up?

6. Auto or Manual tranny?

7. EX, DX, LX, or HX? and what year model?

Thanks,
Injen
injencivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #2  
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
beuller? beuller? anybody?

Injen
Old 08-28-2005   #3  
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
Junk Yard

2. Were you still under warranty when you replaced the tranny? If so, 100,000 or what warranty?
No, 112k km
$700cnd
4. Did you have your car towed to the shop where it was installed or did you drive it there?
drove it, barely
yes
auto
ex
AlienX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #4  
Registered!!

scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Rebuilt by Honda
Just barely past the 36000 warranty mark but they good willed it.
Freebie
Drove it there
Yes, Neuspeed Sports and Engine was modded
Manual
EX 2001

Can I ask why you are asking this or is this just for peoples references?
scansel912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #5  
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well my auto civic is still going strong, but we had an older ford taurus auto 1990 and the tranny went out. Got it rebuilt and it broke down again in a month. Rebuilt again and lasted a year and then got sold. Shifted like crap tho very jerky and messed up. I would really try and find a good condition junkyard one and have a shop do the swap.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005   #6  
We pre-game harder than you party!

supermanrjs is a jewel in the roughsupermanrjs is a jewel in the roughsupermanrjs is a jewel in the roughsupermanrjs is a jewel in the rough
1. Replaced by Honda

2. Yes, 36,000 mile

3. Under warranty

4. Towed

5. Yes Sprint Performance.....2" drop

6. Auto

7. 2002 LX coupe
supermanrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005   #7  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox
well my auto civic is still going strong, but we had an older ford taurus auto 1990 and the tranny went out. Got it rebuilt and it broke down again in a month. Rebuilt again and lasted a year and then got sold. Shifted like crap tho very jerky and messed up. I would really try and find a good condition junkyard one and have a shop do the swap.

thats the problem, i cant find any around here.

Injen
Old 08-29-2005   #8  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanrjs
1. Replaced by Honda

4. Towed

5. Yes Sprint Performance.....2" drop

Was it hard to get it towed? Did you have to have a rollback and did it cause any damage to your civic? I looking at having mine towed but i am worried about it scraping or us not being able to load it onto a rollback.

Injen
Old 08-30-2005   #9  
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
throw it on a flat bed.
AlienX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #10  
We pre-game harder than you party!

supermanrjs is a jewel in the roughsupermanrjs is a jewel in the roughsupermanrjs is a jewel in the roughsupermanrjs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by injencivic
Was it hard to get it towed? Did you have to have a rollback and did it cause any damage to your civic? I looking at having mine towed but i am worried about it scraping or us not being able to load it onto a rollback.

Injen
I had to get a roll back, and my bumper rubbed just a bit going onto it, but not bad. It didn't cause any damage. I think the tow bill was like $30 but it was a friend of the family.
supermanrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #11  
MRA
Registered!!

MRA is an unknown quantity at this point
1. Where did you get the tranny from?-----honda

2. Were you still under warranty when you replaced the tranny? If so, 100,000 or what warranty?-----120,000km's honda gold warrenty(160,000)

3. How much did your tranny cost?-----470$can, not all parts ar covered by extended warrenty

4. Did you have your car towed to the shop where it was installed or did you drive it there?-----towed on a flat bed

5. Was your car lowered at the time of the tranny mess up?----lowered, wheels, kit, engine mods

6. Auto or Manual tranny?---manual

7. EX, DX, LX, or HX? and what year model?----01 lx coupe
MRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #12  
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
I rebuilt my stock tranny myself.

No Warantee

Cost me $16 from honda

Drove it to my buddies tranny shop

Had coilovers on it

Manual tranny

02 LX coupe

The plastic race on the input shaft bearing broke apart and allowed the ball bearings to load one side of the bearing housing. Caused horrendous noise.
turboengnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #13  
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by injencivic

Injen
if you call around to towing companies, ask them if they have a truck for lowered cars. Most every one around here will ask first before they come to your house. I think it is a major issue now.
streetglower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #14  
Premium Member

tinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nicetinman is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboengnr
I rebuilt my stock tranny myself.

No Warantee

Cost me $16 from honda

Drove it to my buddies tranny shop

Had coilovers on it

Manual tranny

02 LX coupe

The plastic race on the input shaft bearing broke apart and allowed the ball bearings to load one side of the bearing housing. Caused horrendous noise.

PLASTIC Race?? Oh Geez.... no wonder the trannies are crap.
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #15  
Registered!!

scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Seems like everyone with a busted tranny has had their car lowered. Weird.
scansel912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005   #16  
Premium Member

disturbed24st is an unknown quantity at this point
Injen if your still looking for a tranny.try Evans automotive they are located in Newport, TN.parts dept# (423)623-8781 service dept#(423)623-3783.They also have a website:evansautomotive.net.I got my rear disc conversion from them and they also installed it.If they don't have your part no one will.
disturbed24st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005   #17  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed24st
Injen if your still looking for a tranny.try Evans automotive they are located in Newport, TN.parts dept# (423)623-8781 service dept#(423)623-3783.They also have a website:evansautomotive.net.I got my rear disc conversion from them and they also installed it.If they don't have your part no one will.

sweet, thanks buddy, thats very close by. I might be needing one soon, gonna take my car to West Side Honda or maybe Rusty Wallace sometime next week.
Old 09-02-2005   #18  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scansel912
Seems like everyone with a busted tranny has had their car lowered. Weird.

well if you think about it, most people on this site are gonna or already have had their civic lowered.

Injen
Old 09-02-2005   #19  
Premium Member

I purchased my civic from rusty wallace honda.I used to get my oil changed there but they made comments about wanting to void my warranty.I get mine done at morristown honda the guy that handles the servicve department has a tricked out prelude he doesn't care if your car has modifications.
Old 09-02-2005   #20  
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
you know what? now that i think about it, my car wasnt lowered when i broke the tranny. I was still waiting on my rims from the powdercoater when i broke my tranny. So it was all on stock suspension.

so my car was not lowered.
turboengnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005   #21  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed24st
I purchased my civic from rusty wallace honda.I used to get my oil changed there but they made comments about wanting to void my warranty.I get mine done at morristown honda the guy that handles the servicve department has a tricked out prelude he doesn't care if your car has modifications.

shesh, thats a long way away man for an oil change.. Ever try West Side?
They are great IMO, thats where i got my 01 coupe off the showroom floor at their old building on Kingston Pike across from Mazda.

Injen
Old 09-05-2005   #22  
Premium Member

I live in between Knoxville and morristown,so its not too far for me.
Old 09-05-2005   #23  
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about
LKQ (online) (http://www.lkqcorp.com/home/home.asp)

Not under warranty (shift too hard)

$350 03year lx 25k/mi on it

Drove it

Yes B+G coilovers 2.5" drop

Manual

LX
Nokturnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #24  
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
same one, have a spare that going to be built by level 10

First two times it was replaced under warranty

150.00 for the spare

barely drove it to the shop

Eaibach Sportline

Auto

EX Sedan

** now with my rebuilt tranny using the TCI Auto master kit i've had nothing but happiness under 12 psi on my daily driver**
eye_see_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005   #25  
Registered!!

^ how much did the TCI Auto Master kit cost?

Injen
Old 09-05-2005   #26  
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
I got my tranny from a friend for 400 even, but only problem was that it was an lx transmission and my car is an ex, but the tranny works great, my friend installed it basically free. I just had to buy new clutch and resurface the flywheel.
I was lowered on h&r springs about 2 inch drop and tokico shocks. The tranny itself was fine but i was getting sick of second gear slip 50% of the time when I shift hard so I bought a new one.
the tranny had about 80k miles on stock never replaced clutch running 80 shot with bolt-ons then a turbo kit for about 10k miles and the tranny still worked, but my new lx tranny feels so much better, especially shifting each gear has no flaws whatsoever, only that its a lx tranny and gears are longer which makes accelerating slower, but once I get more power, it will be better.
Civic_RedLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005   #27  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnl
LKQ (online) (http://www.lkqcorp.com/home/home.asp)
Dang, thats cheap. They had one on ebay for like 650 that looked like crap. Wonder how you got yours sooo cheap? Did you get it off ebay or did you email them?

Injen