Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Not Another Tint Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Not Another Tint Thread!

I'm going to be getting tints later this week. I live in michigan and the law is anything for the back windows and only 4 inches down on front and windsheild. What would I be "safe" to go with. I was thinking 20 on backs and 35 on fronts and maybe 35 for the 4 inches down on the front?
Old 07-03-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
if you get pulled over they're going to check tint. therefore your front windows will never be 'safe'. i got a fix it ticket for 50% tint on my front two, and you could barely even notice it.
Old 07-04-2005
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
uhhhh I dont get the title of your thread? This is another tint thread and has been asked sooo many times lol... it really depends on your luck... in my area, they only give you hassles for tint if you already got pulled over for something else such as a loud muffler..

otherwise.. i think 20-30% is a good amount all around !
Old 07-04-2005
I'm unusually bored.

tony_buttons is an unknown quantity at this point
I have 35% all around...not very dark, but it looks better and I've had no problems. I would get the strip on the windshield done in a darker tint, though, because at 35 you can hardly tell its there. I put a strip of black vinyl on the outside of the windshield and you'd be surprised at how much sun glare it reduces.
Old 07-05-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
get 5% all the way around, looks better IMO. And whenever you see a cop, just roll down the windows.
Old 07-05-2005
Registered!!

ironcow is on a distinguished road
i went 20 all around and i wish it was darker, havent had any problems
Old 07-05-2005
Registered!!

demogorgon is an unknown quantity at this point
Later this week, I will be getting 6% tint on my new 2002. I haven't even gotten the car yet, but when I do (later this week), I will be getting the tint. My florida statue says that 6% tint or higher is acceptable on multi-purpose vehicles. So, I will print that out and keep it with me if for some reason I do get pulled over. Not too many shops will do illegal tint, but some (like the one I found), will do it for a steeper price and requires you sign a waiver that relieves them of any liability.

Demo
Old 07-05-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
um any shop will do illegal tint. its called cash. omg. anyway. i have 20 all around. 32 is legal minimum. but thats too light for me. and i ride with windows down anyway. it just looks nice when the car is parked. maybe you should go to a real tint shop that will take real money and not make you sign something ridiculus. forget them. any other place will do it for cash. i got mine for 150 cash with the 7 inch sunbarrier on the front winshield. no prob. good luck