Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Project diskreet complete *Updates in Post 1*

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Project diskreet complete *Updates in Post 1*

Mods done during these long last few weeks:
  • Honda floor mats (finally)
  • Gas cap holder installed
  • Trunk floor re-build in 3/4 inch MDF
  • Trunk floor carpeted using Crutchfield's silver carpet
  • Trunk floor now allows access to spare [whole reason of doing this]
  • Stinger Pro Series 4 gauge ring terminals
  • Stinger Pro distribution block
  • Stinger 4 gauge wire
  • Stinger triple shielded RCA wire
  • Lightning Audio Strike LS10-03 Capacitor installed
  • Autometer Cobalt Voltage gauge
  • autometer Cobalt Air/Fuel guage
  • Dual gauge pod for behind steering wheel
  • Gauge pods cut, filed, and sanded to view fuel/temp gauges
  • Shifter trim painted glossy black

So, it took about 20 hours total work with everything.
This was my 1st time using a jig saw, and 1st time carpeting wood. So the back of the wood looks crappy but who cares.
No the carpet sits much nicer than that now.

Also taken before carpet put into final place

Why I started this whole project in the first place

Some pics of the gauges:

NEW PICS:

What do you think? All Questions/Comments welcome!

Last edited by diskreet; 05-21-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
excellent. pics once everything is installed! I was thinking of getting a a/f gauge, but isn't there a rumor going around that it wont read accurately or something cuz our cars are narrow band...i dunno.
Old 05-04-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck on the install and the test.

post some pics when your done

my finals dont start untill next week...... then im takeing 2 summer classes.....not going to be a good time
Old 05-04-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SkipBarber
excellent. pics once everything is installed! I was thinking of getting a a/f gauge, but isn't there a rumor going around that it wont read accurately or something cuz our cars are narrow band...i dunno.
A narrow band only basically says if it is Rich, ok, or Lean.
A wideband sensor and gauge, which usually run $400+, give you an actual measure in specific units. This is a must if you are tuning. But since the A/F gauges was a cheap gauge to just fill the 2nd hole and has no actual value to me then I dont even care. As long as it works.

But of course tons of pics when its done!
Old 05-04-2005
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
wouldn't an ammeter gauge be more valuable to you than an a/f gauge?
Old 05-04-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
narrow a/f gauges mess with your ecu over time; thats the rumor. aem makes a wide band which is supposedly safe.
Old 05-04-2005

Originally Posted by blouisgod
narrow a/f gauges mess with your ecu over time; thats the rumor. aem makes a wide band which is supposedly safe.
yes, but its also $200 compared to the $70 A/F and I didnt have enough!!!
But that was the original idea.
Old 05-12-2005

major update in post 1
Old 05-12-2005

Aether_03EX is an unknown quantity at this point
All the sketches look nice man, can't wait to see the real install pics, post up when done yo
Old 05-12-2005

I will do all the installation and work the VERY last weekend of this month. I need the whole 2 stall garage to pull this one off and my parents wont be gone for the weekend till then. but once they leave that friday ill start the work and try to get it done by saturday night, pics and all!
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
AEM wideband AFR

heres a link to the aem wideband afr gauge for $194.99, that's a deal.
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

bickford05 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice, looks good. are you planing on raising the floor? Im not sure you will have the clearence with the spare in there, but you might depending on what you have for an amp/cap.
Old 05-12-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Wow! Those sketches look pretty good. I wish knew how to draft on the computer...
Old 05-12-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
is your amp gonna get propper airflow in that box? I dont wanna be the bad guy, but your amp may overheat if it doesnt get enuf air...
Old 05-12-2005

Originally Posted by Silver Civic
is your amp gonna get propper airflow in that box? I dont wanna be the bad guy, but your amp may overheat if it doesnt get enuf air...
my amp has never even gotten more than luke warm in the hottest days. the 500/1 runs incredibly cool. i have the back of the box with a 1" tall slit for wires, but there will be no front. So that whole side by the heatsink fins is open to flow out the hot air. i might even hook up a 12v fan on the other side to keep cool air flowing in, but probably not.

Originally Posted by JCiv03
Wow! Those sketches look pretty good. I wish knew how to draft on the computer...
Download and try out "SketchUp" thats what I was using. Its not a CAD program, but its SUPER simple. almost exactly like pen and paper!

Originally Posted by bickford05
nice, looks good. are you planing on raising the floor? Im not sure you will have the clearence with the spare in there, but you might depending on what you have for an amp/cap.
The floor will be made of 3/4" MDF, and already is. So the box will be on the back 1/2 of that big piece of MDF and the front will get a hole in it. So its only going to be 4" deep from the trunk floor surface. I have a little under 5" at the worst spot. So it will fit. If not Ill be cutting some more and squeezing everyhting in tighter!

Last edited by diskreet; 05-12-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
^ah, cool, I was just playing devils advocate, didnt what you to build it, then burn your car down, lol cool, keep it up!
Old 05-12-2005

lol its ok. by the way the amp now is under 1 cm from the box so it can only breathe in a space about 1 inch deep, by 4 inches tall, by 6 inches wide. so 24 cubix inches and its ok there, never gets hot.
This will give it that whole bottom of my trunk to breathe so its going to be fine!
Old 05-12-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
nice, does that allow you to keep the spare tire without having to raise the floor?

*edit, i just read. lol nice anyway!!!
Old 05-17-2005

updated again, post #1 Got a little done. I will be doing more soon!
Old 05-17-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
nice setup .. can't wait to see the final product
Old 05-19-2005

updated again...amp position was bad, so i am looking at other options
Old 05-20-2005

HUGE update in post #1 - ITS DONE!!! Yay!
Feedback please!
Old 05-20-2005
Premium Member

Mr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to allMr.Modify is a name known to all
very nice
Old 05-20-2005
Registered!!

Jo_Boo is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell Yea, looks awesome. Best part is its functional.
Old 05-21-2005

exactly. I wanted it to look somewhat professional, but be functional, clean, and a little show-off-ish.
thanks
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

Jo_Boo is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing that bugs me about it is the hinges. I would use some matching grey rustoleum paint on them. They would blend in a little better.
+ rep for ya.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Looks good man I like your trunk setup and dash looks real clean.
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

JxL_o2Lx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ur setup looks sweet, question how did you change all your ac and controls all blue? If Leds what voltage?
Old 05-21-2005
I am an ignorant A-hole. Please hate my guts.

Yajirobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Yo where do you get those votmeter guages that are in your steering wheel well? And what are your blue guage covers called and where do I get them?

Thanks
Old 05-21-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
iw ant that gauge setup!!

Quick Reply: Project diskreet complete *Updates in Post 1*