UPDATED PICS - Do you guys think my ballasts are hitting my hood? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2005   #1
Registered!!

prodrive32FF is an unknown quantity at this point
UPDATED PICS - Do you guys think my ballasts are hitting my hood?

I mounted my ballasts at these 2 locations. My hood does not close when i push it down, i must raise it and drop it for it to lock. I dont think its my ballasts, but im not sure, any ideas appreciated... could it be anything else? i can push the hood all the way down, it just wont lock unless i drop it...

oh, btw, i already moved the ignitors to a diffrent location

Last edited by prodrive32FF; 05-02-2005 at 12:32 PM.
prodrive32FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #2
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
how thick is the unit?

i got a 1 1/2" unit on my fusebox as well. no signs of damage. i dont bother to check tho but i doubt there are any. it could be something else, give us more engine bay shots and we can give our best guesses
jttegx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #3
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
i got mine in the same place.. no problems here...
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #4
Registered!!

I dont think its the ballasts because when i drove today, i opened the hood, and there were no dents or scratch marks that shows sign of touching anything. I can make my hood lock if i just raise it a little and drop it, but it wont lock if i just push it down, here is another picture, hope u guys can help me out. some are just for fun..

Old 05-02-2005   #5
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
that's fine. i have my ballasts there and i haven't had any problems.
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #6
Registered!!

do they get wet? and wut did u hold it down with? i just used the double sided tape that it came with, im not sure if it'll hold, cuz if it gets wet, then it might come loose, i have the McCulloch kit, i dunno if those are water proof...

thanks guys