Boost is fun! - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2005   #1  
I like ruining your threads.

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Talking Boost is fun!

One can only take so many *** beatings from minivan's, and Ive had my fair share. This little grocery getting takes care of that problem now.

I had to stop off at the office right after I bought it, so I borrowed the company cam and snapped off a few pics.

I got an awesome deal on it, fully loaded 54k miles for $16k out the door. I paid $15,500 for the civic new, I think this is just a tad bit better for the price.

Full view of the entrance to my office, lovely building wouldnt you say?

Only thing I took from the civic.

And of course, the badge of pride.

The thing is a blast to drive, Ive already had my share of late model accords and celicas trying to race me, only to have 10 cars put on them by the top of 2nd gear. Intake silencer is coming off today so I can hear the factory BOV better and that lovely turbo spooling. Turbo back exhaust and ECU reflashing (285hp) coming shortly.
NoFriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #2  
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
54k miles for that car is a bit too much I think. People buy those cars to have fun with and 54k miles of "fun" takes a toll on the car. But that of course depends on the person who owned it before you.

Its an awesome car for the money either way, good luck.
hustlelikem0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #3  

NoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to allNoFriends is a name known to all
Nah, suby's are extremely reliable. People putting down over 300 awhp can go 50k miles before things start to go bad. This car was never modded and has only put on an average of 14k miles per year so its well take care of. Has a completely clean carfax and is immaculate inside and out.
Old 05-01-2005   #4  
The only job I need is a blowjob
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
sweet, congrats on the new car
civic01vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #5  
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, congrats on the car
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #6  
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
I guess this means that you will be leaving the site..

Just dont let the door hit you on your way out lolllll

J/K

Cant wait to see what your gonna do with it..
Viper
_Viper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #7  
You boost, I-VTEC

Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Azenis huh? That guy go autocrossing with it? Or does he just like to hydroplane?

Nice find man, sweet deal. Have fun
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #8  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
have fun with it. I'm assuming the civic is gone?
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #9  
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i think it's ugly. i wouldn't have one unless it was a newer one with the new headlights.. but if ya like it, i'm happy for ya bro.
Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #10  
Registered!!

SugaFree is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats. I guess...
SugaFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #11  

No I'm not leaving the site, its just a new car, no reason to bail on a site that ive been on for 3 years.

I traded the civic in, I owed 7500 on it and they gave me 9k for it with all my mods, so Im happy about it. I coulda got more privately of course, but I didnt want to deal with the hassle.

And as for the lights, I like both styles really. Fck it, all i see is that hoodscoop when im driving, thats all I care about.
Old 05-01-2005   #12  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i actually like the older style of tails heads like what you have.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #13  

I had a run in with a Boxter coming back from a friends earlier too. We both took off briskly but I had my windows down and heard him start to wind it up. I was still in 1st and at full boost, so I punched it and started to pull instantly. Going into second I had about 3/4 car on him and pulled it out to another 1 1/2 before he realized he was going to get beat and shut it down, trying to save face. I made it to the top of 2nd (60-65ish) and shut it down too. He wouldnt pull up next to me at the next light after that.
Old 05-01-2005   #14  
Sweetest Dude on 7th Gen

xX03EXx will become famous soon enoughxX03EXx will become famous soon enough
Wow I envy you. For 3.5 grand you can do the JDM motor tranny swap to take stis. I was reading about it on nasioc.com. Some guy swaps the engine for the jdm one (forged internals mated with the 6spd from the sti), sells your old one, and everything for 3.5 or 4k. Reliability and raw power for cheap.
xX03EXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #15  
Registered!!

l3lackstatic is an unknown quantity at this point
SWEET ride bro, keep it gangsta
l3lackstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #16  

Only cosmetic things I plan on doing is buying a set of the bronze STI wheels. Im going with a 3" turbo back exhaust to a STI axel back. Cobb Accessport ECU reprogramming, Up-pipe, EGT & Boost guages and maybe a STI TMIC. I want to keep it as close to factory looking as I can keep it, but with a little extra varience from a stock WRX.

Last edited by NoFriends; 05-01-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2005   #17  
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations!

On a side note - how popular are WRXs in a state like CA where you dont really need the AWD? I know that here in CO WRXs are almost as common as Civics.
PoorCollegeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #18  
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
Subies are always a good choice for a car. and the WRXs are great way to go. what kidna payments you makin on it?
Ashhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #19  
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
hows insurence on it compared to the civic?
R3DL1N3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #20  
Registered!!

centurioncivic is an unknown quantity at this point
but put 150,000 miles on the civic and the suby and the civic will run circles around the suby. a wrx wont last near as long as a honda, my friends bombed out a lil before 100,000
centurioncivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005   #21  
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

u can kill a civic that quick too, just takes more, cause the civic doestn put out nearly the power the wrx does. if you boost a civic properly, and get the whp over 200, it would prolly wipe hte floor the with suby though, they are really heavy
Old 05-02-2005   #22  
Euro-Spec

tripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nicetripledoublegs is just really nice
Congrats on the new car man! Love the color!
tripledoublegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #23  

Payments on the vic were $280, the WRX with gap insurance is only $307.

Insurance is about $200.

WRX's arent that popular in socal compared to other places. The majority of people who buy them know they are a performance car, so almost all you run across have been modded. Ive only seen 2 other WRX's since I bought it, and they were both STI's.

And as for the reliability issue, I only drive about 10,000 miles a year as I only work 15 miles from work round trip. I have no problem with running this up to 80-90k (3-4 years for me) then picking up another car.
Old 05-02-2005   #24  
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
sweet
zachgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #25  
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

307/month is not bad at all. and the 200 for insurance, any tix or accidnts on yoru record?
Old 05-02-2005   #26  

Completely clean record, just still young (21) and with a dangler between the legs. I get raped no matter what car I drive.
Old 05-02-2005   #27  
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

hmmm. i only pay 95/month insurance on my vic, and thats with 3 tickets and at fault for an accident.
Old 05-02-2005   #28  
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhole
hmmm. i only pay 95/month insurance on my vic, and thats with 3 tickets and at fault for an accident.
That is for full coverage, btw
Old 05-02-2005   #29  
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
^^^^^
what insurance company?
TemjinX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005   #30  
Premium Member

civic2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet car man, now get some mods on it. I dont regret purchasing mine one bit.
civic2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote