Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Complete interior panel painting and recarpeting

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gnat1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Complete interior panel painting and recarpeting

Well since finding a black interior was turning out to be near impossible, then I decided to just paint my interior and recarpet it. I'm having to go one section at a time since it takes a lot of time and $$$ for paint. But I'll continue to post pics updating my progress. So far....

Back Before...
[IMG][/IMG]

Back After...
[IMG][/IMG]

Back Roof....
[IMG][/IMG]

Front Roof...
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

I also repainted all the roof pieces such as the lights and visor clamps silver. Just to go with the black and silver scheme.
Old 04-27-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
looking good , I may hav eto do that too since i'm wanting to change to black also.
Old 04-27-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
keep it going!
Old 04-27-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
good luck with the rest of the project!
Old 04-27-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
looks pretty good....better make sure it dosent chip... what kind of paint.. and other info..
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

I spray 2 coats of plastic paint adhesion promoter/primer
then 3 coats of plasti-kote honda black or silver
then 2 or 3 coats of plasti-kote clear coat(depending on if the area will see a lot of contact or not)
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
i wanna do that to my roof!!!! what did u do? just new fabric?
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

Taking the roof off was a pain in the @ss. Your have to take all the pillar panels off and all the lights that are in the roof. After that it pretty much just pops out. The real pain was taking the beige panel out of the sunroof. That required taking almost the whole sunroof assembly out(if you want specifics then let me know). But once you get the roof out, all i did was go get some fabric( I got mine from walmart for like $9.00) and some fabric spray adhesive. Just remember the fabric needs to have some give so you can mold it like you want. Then just spray it down and smooth it out. After that I cut the edges down and glued the edges to the back of the panel so there is no way it will come down. And that was pretty much it.
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

The visors was alot easier. Just pry from the middle and it will completely pop open. Then just spray it down and glue the edges and then pop it back together. I covered up my visor mirrors since I never use them anyway. But if you want to keep those then it might be a little more difficult. I also took the oh **** handle out of the roof since those serve no purpose either.
Old 04-27-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Why didn't you just use roll on dye
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

I wanted something that I knew what the color looked like and how it would match my interior. Plus I have never been much of a fan of dye.
Old 04-27-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gnat1000
I spray 2 coats of plastic paint adhesion promoter/primer
then 3 coats of plasti-kote honda black or silver
then 2 or 3 coats of plasti-kote clear coat(depending on if the area will see a lot of contact or not)

Id keep an eye for chipping with it. I've heard from several people that plasti-kote paint is really crappy.
Old 04-27-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
as long as you clear coat it, it shouldn't chip.
Old 04-27-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
looks good
Old 04-27-2005
formerly 2k1CivicRacer

S2KREY is on a distinguished road
yeh i started doing my side panels to a gunmetal fabric but then it took so much time to get it looking right and i got one side of my left driver and lloks good but now waiting for more time to do the other side... nice i planned on doing the whole thing to carbon fiber, found a place that sells the material for about $5yard
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
nice work...keep posting those pics.
Old 04-27-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
nice, i think i'm gonna do that to my arm rests in the back
Old 04-27-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
cool mang, good lookin out, maybe one day i'll do this as well as the pillars
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Well yesterday I finished all the rear panels and the front pillars. This weekend I'm going to try and do my doors(for the most part). Im going to take the beige cloth out but Im not going to paint under it. Im going to wait and get it redone when I take my rear seats off to get reupholstered. I'll post pics when I'm done with the doors. After that I got to wait til I get my carpet situation figured out. I dont want to dye it so I'm going to have to find a salvage yard that has one. I need to get one from there since there are some other parts that I need to get as well(mainly seat belts and door seals). Plus when I paint the dash I'm putting in my new headunit and running all the new wires for my audio setup in the back. So it's definitely a fun time for me!!!!
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

AllMotorSi is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, I give you madd props for having the ***** to do all that. Great job, looks good.
Old 04-28-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
bro i love your silver arm rest in the back, that is so hot.
Old 04-28-2005

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
I do like the silver armrest!
Old 04-28-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gnat1000
Well yesterday I finished all the rear panels and the front pillars. This weekend I'm going to try and do my doors(for the most part). Im going to take the beige cloth out but Im not going to paint under it. Im going to wait and get it redone when I take my rear seats off to get reupholstered. I'll post pics when I'm done with the doors. After that I got to wait til I get my carpet situation figured out. I dont want to dye it so I'm going to have to find a salvage yard that has one. I need to get one from there since there are some other parts that I need to get as well(mainly seat belts and door seals). Plus when I paint the dash I'm putting in my new headunit and running all the new wires for my audio setup in the back. So it's definitely a fun time for me!!!!
if you dont find the carpet at a salvage yard, majestic has it here, but its kinda expensive. other than that, it looks awesome. good job
Old 04-28-2005

Originally Posted by silver04
if you dont find the carpet at a salvage yard, majestic has it here, but its kinda expensive. other than that, it looks awesome. good job
Thats not carpet, thats insulator.