Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I need some inspiration

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I need some inspiration

Im looking to do a small project, maybe rounding off the modding to my car to an end.
So far I've got alot done with:

16 inch HFP split 7 spoke wheels
Toyo Proxes 4's 205/50/16

Cleared headlights, Color matched hood molding, Painted Altezza style grill, Shaved CIVIC and LX emblems, Removed pinstriping (took forever), Eyelids, HFP Emblem on trunk
Carbon Fiber Dash Trim, Blue EL Gauges, Blue center console LED conversion, Brushed Steel gauge surround
In-dash Clarion DVD player (VRX745VD), Eclipse SE8365 speakers in door, JL Audio 500/1 amp, 2x JL Ausio 10inch w3v2s in JL High Output enclosure, Xbox under passanger seat, Dynamat Xtreme on trunk lid (2 layers and still rattles), Dynamat Xtreme on rear deck

Im looking for a good mod around $200-$600 to do and then I need to quit.
Some Ideas:
I was thinking glassing a 7"-8" screen right behind the cup holders. I even have a spare console piece ready to be mutilated for this. the problem is that I don't know if I want to even do this as its kinda useless with an in-dash dvd player. If i add another screen i want it to be big, 8"+ to play xbox easier.
I also just might buy a capacitor and say forget spending more into mods, and just get the audio system finally finished and quit there.
I also would like to maybe do civic Si seats but the problem is that the car is under my moms name so I don't think she will let me. This means if its too obvious she will catch on and get mad and ill be out whatever I did after i remove it. im in college and still play this game with her. kinda fun actually, had subs for over a year and she still doesnt know!

Just throw some mods my way, but keep in mind they cannot be anything too obvious to other people! Give me ideas for something fairly easy, thats not too played-out, and wouldnt be very obvious unless i wanted to show it off.
Old 04-23-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
why not do some performance mods? Maybe suspension...
Old 04-23-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Blahman2
why not do some performance mods? Maybe suspension...
the roads are terrible...if the car gets lower it will get destroyed for sure.
I was thinking maybe cheap upper strut bar, lower cross brace thing, and rear sway bar add on, but with subs so heavy my civic sedan is a little much for turning fast. Plus toyo-4s are incredible and my car is a million times better already from just the tires/wheels!
Im thinking more of a unique interior mod or something I havent thought of yet to do to the inside. thanks for replying though!
Old 04-23-2005
One Slow Civic.... But I can take turns pretty well :-)

Blahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trustedBlahman2 should not be trusted
Um......they're not that bad... Your car isn't lowered at all? If it is... other suspension mods won't make it any lower. Actually aftermarket shocks will help you out greatly.
Old 04-23-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
aftermarket shocks. go with the tokico blues for a more subtle change in handling characteristics. then add in a neuspeed front upper strut bar and maybe (if you haven't already) get a rsx-s rear anti-roll bar.
Old 04-23-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
kinda hard to think of how to spend like 600 bucks that someone wont notice...........
get back to ya if i think of somethin
Old 04-23-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
since youre so set on not lowering your car, id say max out your suspension as much as you can. a full set of good shocks and an rsx-s rear sway would be fine, i dont think you'd need any chassis reinforcement for such a mild setup, since youll probably never be turning fast enough to benefit from them.
Old 04-24-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i dunno........ get another jl sub or upgrade system even better. id say sell the in-dash and get the eclipse avn-**** but its double din so youd have to do a little cutting and maybe fab.