Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

People taking picture of my car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pnoiracer is an unknown quantity at this point
People taking picture of my car?

Ever since I installed my lambo door... couple of students so far asked to take pic of my car... is this a good idea or not?
Old 04-21-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
who cares really. If people want, they're gonna take pics and see your car around anyway.
Old 04-21-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
if its chicks, tell them they gotta show u the goods first
Old 04-21-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
ask them why first. but i probably would, it seems like a compliment.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Yes I would but they take pictures of my car with my doors open.. I mean if they show those this pics to other peeps withing the area or online.. or something you never know what they can do right? taking pics of my car with my doors up and looking like this is just like telling them I got lots of money here break into my car lol.. I dunno... we never know... it's ok take my pic while I'm not there.. because its only gonna like like a "typical" fixed up car which is common.. but really, you guys have no idea how much attention I get everytime I open the door of my car and warm up my engine... so far probably more 15 peeps already.. and 3 chicks ofcourse I like it though...
Old 04-21-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
it kool
Old 04-21-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
tell them they can, but take your plates off
Old 04-21-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pnoiracer
Yes I would but they take pictures of my car with my doors open.. I mean if they show those this pics to other peeps withing the area or online.. or something you never know what they can do right? taking pics of my car with my doors up and looking like this is just like telling them I got lots of money here break into my car lol.. I dunno... we never know... it's ok take my pic while I'm not there.. because its only gonna like like a "typical" fixed up car which is common.. but really, you guys have no idea how much attention I get everytime I open the door of my car and warm up my engine... so far probably more 15 peeps already.. and 3 chicks ofcourse I like it though...
what kit u got? how do you like it? link?
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
Do you go to school in a little town or something? Because lambo doors aren't that crazy anymore. I would understand if you had a real lambo and people wanted to take a picture, but a civic with lambo doors.. i dont know who would care that much. Not to diss you or anything, but i mean i doubt people at my school would even humble themselves to give props to someone elses car, let alone ask them to take pictures.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Overboost is an unknown quantity at this point
If their just trying to snap a pic on a little camera I'd say go ahead but if they look professional with a big nikon and flash make sure you get their info so you can get copies.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

Nas23 is an unknown quantity at this point
kinda off topic but you daily drive your car right? How are the doors for daily driving??

How long have yo had them one?
Old 04-21-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bamb00
ask them why first. but i probably would, it seems like a compliment.
agreed.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
i agree with the plates off or coverd. jsut carry two large magnetic shees to stick over top heh

and try to get there name and number if possible when ever they do. this way you can keep a record of it. i wouldnt let just anyone. tell them if they want pics ask for there email.s end them yours
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
i dont think its that big a deal .... we have shows all the time here in orlando and people go around taking pics of peoples car all the time.... some people just take their plates off if they are worried enough and then u put them back on, keep in mind if someone is worried about stealing someones car, they dont just need plates to get ahold of ne one, i say let them take the pics just make sure u can keep in contact with thema nd that u'll see the pics.... like they said above its a compliment.
Old 04-21-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
i'm with this man
Old 04-21-2005
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
I don't think it's that big of a deal. If they want to take a picture of you're car, then let them. If someone wants to steal your car, a picture isn't gonna be the tipping factor. Besides, unless you wanted the attention, then I don't think it's necessary to have the doors up when just warming up your engine and what not. Just my opinion.
Old 04-21-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by InOvAtStyL
If someone wants to steal your car, a picture isn't gonna be the tipping factor.

Agreed.......if someone is caseing (sp?) your car, they can and will end up with it if they want it......organized crime will have access to a flatbed or conventional tow truck....thats how my brothers GTI was nabbed.... the neighbors saw a flatbed drive off at like 3 am.....commercial divers found the plates a few months later in the fraser river

or you can be like me and have crack heads do 2 smash and grabs in one month....the last thing to worry about is some pictures taken of your car
Old 04-21-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
im real protective about my car i dont like people staring at it and going up to it if im not around, even if i am it aggrevates me sometimes cus people will touch it n crap.
if i were you id just be like nah i dont like people to take pics, and give them a website with pics or something, you never know cus even if its young kids they might hvae older brothers who will see it and know someone who has a chopshop then they get ur car and have easy 1200 bucks from ur hinges not to mention anything else on ur car and theyll dump it next town over 4 hours later.
i guess im so uptight cus my bros ITR was stolen and it made me realize how easily its done.
Old 04-21-2005

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
im real protective about my car i dont like people staring at it and going up to it if im not around, even if i am it aggrevates me sometimes cus people will touch it n crap.
if i were you id just be like nah i dont like people to take pics, and give them a website with pics or something, you never know cus even if its young kids they might hvae older brothers who will see it and know someone who has a chopshop then they get ur car and have easy 1200 bucks from ur hinges not to mention anything else on ur car and theyll dump it next town over 4 hours later.
i guess im so uptight cus my bros ITR was stolen and it made me realize how easily its done.

Trust me on one thing, pictures are not going to get your car stolen......a criminal would see the idea of talking to you and/or taking pictures as another way to get caught......you have your doors up in parking lots every day.....some of the times your car is on display a car thief or a friend of a car theif is gonna decide whether or not to steal you car, simple as that........they will follow you home or to work and decide how to steal it......I would guess that a photo shoot would be the furthest thing from their thought proccess
Old 04-21-2005

Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
Trust me on one thing, pictures are not going to get your car stolen......a criminal would see the idea of talking to you and/or taking pictures as another way to get caught......you have your doors up in parking lots every day.....some of the times your car is on display a car thief or a friend of a car theif is gonna decide whether or not to steal you car, simple as that........they will follow you home or to work and decide how to steal it......I would guess that a photo shoot would be the furthest thing from their thought proccess
actually a cop told me that a large percentage of the time a car is stolen the theif makes contact with the owner first with slight interest in the car just so he can scope it out and see if theres anything he cant see otherwise, when my brothers car was stolen we found out that the cop (not same cop) was related to the theif and so the cop wouldnt cooperate sometimes but anyways we later learned that the kid had come to my dads shop to ask about body work with no intention of getting it done, he just wanted a reason to go check out the ITR to see if it was worth taking and they in fact later called my brothers import parts place to ask about some parts for an ITR and asked what do you recommend blah blah blah trying to get my brother to say "i recommend this cus its what im using and i like it" they do alot more than most people think, sometimes its just morons with a brick but usually its smart people with a plan, they actually rolled his car out the driveway down the street and when it was about 450 yards away they finally rolled it into a truck and took it away.

oh and the only time i leave my doors open is if im working on my car for accesability (spelling check) i never lift them in the parking lots to avoid these people
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
lol people take pictures of my car all the time without even asking. there are so many kids at my school who are into the whole import, fast n furious bullshit, but dont have the money to do it. so when they see my car its like a ferrari to them or something, i dunno. its funny.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

SilvrCiv is an unknown quantity at this point
people could put it all over he internet and say its theirs
Old 04-21-2005

they could also hump it,,,,, do u want people humping ur car???
Old 04-21-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
lol, 1 boob per pic, if u show me the downstairs, its 3 pics hehe
Old 04-21-2005
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
Basically it comes down to this. It's a car. It's a liability. If someone wants to steal your car, it don't matter if it's got a million dollars of security devices on it, it's gonna get stolen. If the person tries to make contact with you and take a picture, then regardless they get the pictures or not, you're still being targeted. Basically, I don't wanna come off as an *** when people ask to take pictures of my car. I don't wanna be like....you can find my car here and here on these websites, but you can't take pictures of it yourself. And if I do allow you to take pictures, give me some contact info on how to get a hold of you etc. It's a big compliment for someone to appreciate my work and my creativity, so for them to ask me to take pictures, I let them.
Old 04-21-2005

Originally Posted by InOvAtStyL
Basically it comes down to this. It's a car. It's a liability. If someone wants to steal your car, it don't matter if it's got a million dollars of security devices on it, it's gonna get stolen. If the person tries to make contact with you and take a picture, then regardless they get the pictures or not, you're still being targeted. Basically, I don't wanna come off as an *** when people ask to take pictures of my car. I don't wanna be like....you can find my car here and here on these websites, but you can't take pictures of it yourself. And if I do allow you to take pictures, give me some contact info on how to get a hold of you etc. It's a big compliment for someone to appreciate my work and my creativity, so for them to ask me to take pictures, I let them.
lol.....I know if I was in Socal and saw your car i would be asking for some pics...... I promise not to steel it..lol
Old 04-21-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
its all good. Since I put the turbo on, I have had at least 2-3 people compliment me EVERY day. I have pulled up to my car (in my friends) and there was like 9 kids around it once. I was like, pull up FAST, Im gonna whoop some ***. Than they were cool, and just said nice ride.
Old 04-21-2005
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont like it I remeber my last car I would have friend come to me saying they saw it on web sites for selling products and..I checked into it and yup my car was on web sites I had no idea about. But ahhhh who really cares. If your car was in a show peeps would be snappin pics right..so no biggie.
Old 04-21-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
ROFL
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

lol.. oh well, and yes, my car gets a lot of attention. I go to community college where lots of fixed up cars.. but since I am the only one with lambo doors.. I get more attention.. for some peeps they might have seen it already at car show but they probably never thought a lambo doors for daily driven car... i still like it when I get attentions though... not to show off but just to be unique from most people..

Quick Reply: People taking picture of my car?