Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Kaminari upper grill installed w/pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Kaminari upper grill installed w/pics!!

Well I need some honest opinions about how it looks and if I should keep it. I'm leaning towards keeping it, but I still don't like how the amber signal bulbs ruin the clean look (but I don't want to go back to stupid ricer white bulbs). Any comments or suggestions? Yay or Nay, does it go with the rest of the car.... Thanks to blueisgod for sending it to me quickly so I could have it repainted. The lower part has a black mesh grill if you can see it in the pics. One thing that sticks out is that cylinder thing on the left that goes around the radiator cap. The grill has a built-in radiator cover and all of it got painted. Oh well.

Oh and fitment is terrible! Omg I had the hardest time tryin and still some places aren't lined up. I even had to take off the styrofoam thing cause there was no room. Anyway..............on to the pics. Car is a bit dirty cause I didn't have time to dust it off

Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTK01CIVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good but I think the RS grill or the altezza style grill would look better
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
i would say altezza but then again you dont have any black so maybe all one color then, but it just looks weird imo on your car
Old 04-20-2005
I survived that B*tch Katrina !!!

boombazokajoe91 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks aight.... id keep it ..
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I'd keep it looks better then the stock but I'm still kinda mixed about it.... still looks clean either way
Old 04-20-2005
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
it's nice and clean, but not noticable to the untrained eye.
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
good, that's what I'm going for. The stock grill just looked too cluttered with all those bars. And I didn't want just a coupe grill either.
Old 04-20-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
hey gearbox, if you want, I have a lower grill insert in silver laying around, if you want it, at the next meet I could give it to ya for like $20 obo... just a thought, I realy liked how it looked, but I went w/ a black/silver combo so i took it off... let me know, if you want pics check my sig link under the "graveyard" link in the exterior page...
O and BTW nice look for your car!
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rockhound124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the Kaminari grille fitment really that bad?? I thought they sold good products? You mentioned that it came with an upper cover too. Is it only made for the sedan or interchangeable with the coupe?? I really like this grille because it doesn't have the 'H' and doesn't look like the alteeza style.
Thanks!!
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member

The upper cover is part of the grill (all one piece) and fits coupe and sedan. And as you can see, it fits well enough, just not flush at all. I'll take more pics because there's also a mesh attached to the lower part. The upper part is just the radiator cover and you can kinda see that cutout part on the left. Also the clips didn't fit. I used two bolts that blueisgod gave me to attach the grill to the bumper. Then I used two clips to hold the grill on under the hood, the other two wouldn't even go in. I'll have to take pics with the hood open so you see better. And styrofoam piece had to come out or there wasn't enough room.
Old 04-20-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
looks good, better than stock
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
Looks like it has a big gap where it meets the bumper? I like the design, cleaner then stock. But if it fits like **** then I'd have to reconsider.. but thats just me.
Old 04-20-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i personally think the stock grill looked better. but i also think that the altezza grill would look better (along with the Honda badge on it)
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member

Originally Posted by flotsamm
Looks like it has a big gap where it meets the bumper? I like the design, cleaner then stock. But if it fits like **** then I'd have to reconsider.. but thats just me.
Well yea there's a gap because the grill slopes inward. I'm happy with it, but there's no way it fits like stock, especially on the sides. I could have closed the bottom gap, but the sides would be way off then. I kinda compromised it. But it needs more work like carving the sides to fit the grooves. They just didn't fab it well.
Old 04-20-2005
Registered!!

SilvrCiv is an unknown quantity at this point
i would keep that or get an altezza
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member

I think the stock grill had a meaner look, but I didn't like how it had so many lines. The tezza grill just looked out of place. Here's an old old pic from the archives.

Old 04-20-2005
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
DON"T LISTEN TO THE DISSERS!!! They are all on crack!! That grill looks great. Everyone has an RS or Altezza so it is good to see something different being used. Keep up the good work dude.
Old 04-20-2005
Premium Member

Thanks man Oh and here's what it used to look like a few weeks ago.

Old 04-20-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Rs owns
Old 04-22-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
BTW, I forgot to mention this in my previous post... SWEET CAR, I love the all silver/chrome look you are going for!
Old 04-22-2005
Premium Member

Thanx. I'll try and get more pics of the grill for those who wanted to know how it mounts tonight.
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by FTK01CIVIC
.......I think the RS grill or the altezza style grill would look better

Not real into that grille at all... but do ur thing mang
Old 04-22-2005
How many pots have you smoken?

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
i really like stock better - it looks good, i just like stock better. i think it might look better with the "H" attached to that grill somehow but thats just IMO.
Old 04-22-2005
Premium Member

Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
I got the same grille. I agree... fitment is not too great..... I expected better from a Kaminari product... It's all good though...
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

BigGeorge is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good man. I would keep it.
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Looks nice. Keep it.

I say get some yellow bulbs along with making your foglights yellow.
The whiteness of the HIDs really brings out the yellow color.
I think it would match well.
Old 04-22-2005
master of the culinary martial arts

masarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of lightmasarak is a glorious beacon of light
If you painted the semicircle of plastic around the radiator cap with some black or dark gray paint, it might be less noticable. Might want to photochop it first to see what it looks like if you do paint it, though.
Old 04-22-2005
Premium Member

ya I don't wanna mess with it for now, but that's always an option to paint black like stock. I'm afraid you might be able to see it looking under with the hood closed. But I'm keeping it on for sure.

Oh and I already have yellow 2500k foglight bulbs, just doesn't look as yellow in the pics.
Old 04-22-2005
Registered!!

AdamOSU is an unknown quantity at this point
Kaminari grill is the best imo. I had it when I had my car. It is so clean.

Quick Reply: Kaminari upper grill installed w/pics!!