Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New interior - *Check it out*

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whitevic is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you everyone for you kind words. It took quite a while to do, but I'm so glad I did it. As far as the cost goes, I honestly don't know, other than the upholestery work.

HIN - Last year, I had someone key my car, while inside McCormick place. I was actually able to see the person doing it. I had my girlfriend follow the kid who did it, while I went to seek out the proper authorities. *I understand HIN isn't responsible, so don't start with that* So, I ended up talking to a police officer there, at the event, who told me there was nothing he could do. I dropped it, said f*ck it...that's it.

Gauges - It's all good, some like them, some don't. My only defense is, that I actually had a coil pack explode, on my old engine. Which actually costed me the engine. Also, I have it setup that if lose oil pressure for any reason, my car will kill. So the engine doesn't kill itself.

Last edited by whitevic; 04-12-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
nice

more details?

did u paint it.. and how hard was the rug to change?

i allready bot black but wanna drop blue in it and make it blacker :|
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

The carpet was a piece I bought from Honda, as well as the vents. The worst part was was changing the piece that slides back and forth, on the moon roof. The entire moon roof had to be removed to get access. Wasn't fun at all... Other than that, once the entire interior is out, you can either get scrubing (to paint), or start putting new pieces in.
Old 04-12-2005
You Sonamabetch!!

nema84 is an unknown quantity at this point
wtf? looks 100x better now. great job. looks a lot cleaner now!
Old 04-12-2005
Spreading the sicness since: March 2005

-sic*n3s- is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice swap. Can't stand civic's with tan interior. Not really feeling the shade of blue though....
Old 04-12-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
ok here is the info.. ( i think for black interior pieces.. )

look at this picture.. number 005 and 004 will be the only things i need to replace the dash correct? i added them together and it will cost 288 for these parts..if so im going to buy them right away..

Last edited by HondaGuy12; 04-12-2005 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2005
You boost, I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the roughHawk is a jewel in the rough
Is that an Auto Power roll bar? I'm looking at getting one of those
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

pedro3970 is an unknown quantity at this point
So what did u buy? and what did u paint?
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

Yes, it's an Autopower race roll bar. It's a BITCH to fit, just to give you a heads up.

I bought the vents, headliner, carpet, visors, door handles, glove box (pretty much anything that was going to be a, wear area), as well as the door weather strips, as their grey. Everything else was painted. That's why it took so long to complete. I wanted to make sure I did everything correctly, and so it was going to last.

From that picture, if you wanted everything, you would need, 5, 4, 7, 8, 16, 9. I'd get 9, just because transferring over the other piece wouldn't work out very well, as it's just, two sided taped on.

Last edited by whitevic; 04-12-2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
k swap makes baby jesus cry.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

WEAPON-R CIVIC will become famous soon enough
man it looks great, but with you witnessing the damage i don't see how the officer couldn't do anything, or he diddn't wan't to mess with it, a bro in the club I'm in had a similar problem at a local show last year, punk was arrested charged with damage to private property and had to pay for damages in court, interior is just sweet
Old 04-12-2005
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
that interior is cleeeeaaaannnnnnnn

props on your hard work, interior makeover is always a bitch

you said your girl followed the kid who keyed your car..? And then what?? I would've grabbed a wrench and put it through the punk's forehead.. sorry to hear about that
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

imaacck20a is an unknown quantity at this point
damn in what kind of bussines are u? hook me up i wanna blow $$ like that too.
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by imaacck20a
damn in what kind of bussines are u? hook me up i wanna blow $$ like that too.
HAHA, I work at a bank, and am a student as well. Going back for my Bachelors.

As far as him keying my car, he did to the front passanger fender, so I purchased a new. After the police officer said there was nothing he could do, I called her on her cell phone, and that was it. I still remember his face though..
Old 04-12-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
that is freaking h0t **** right there. x 89734789234
Old 04-12-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by born2xLr8
Black interior on a white car looks hot. That should be an option from the factory or something.
It was in Canada......I have a buddy with TW vic with black interior
Old 04-12-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
first all i saw was the blue on tan, thought it was so ugly but the black makes such a enourmous change for the better. A++ man although id use a darker blue.
quick question did you do the seats and door fabric yourself if so is it easy? ive been thinking about doint this, i figure take the pieces all apart and cut the new colored fabric to the same sizes and sew in same places, should this work?
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

I did the doors, and yes, it's very easy. I can have it done in under 2 hours now, but I have done it several times. The backseat, I did not. I wasn't even going to try. LOL. I'm not very good at making patterns, and working a sewing machine.
Old 04-12-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
looks good
Old 04-12-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
that look sbeyond sick, is it as hard as it looks to change out?
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

civic21 is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice change!!! Love it bro
Old 04-12-2005

Originally Posted by whitevic
I did the doors, and yes, it's very easy. I can have it done in under 2 hours now, but I have done it several times. The backseat, I did not. I wasn't even going to try. LOL. I'm not very good at making patterns, and working a sewing machine.
care to write a quick diy with the important details on it.
Old 04-12-2005
Ever Wonder What P.O.S.B.A.S. Is An Acronym For

P.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enoughP.O.S.B.A.S.04 will become famous soon enough
great job on that!! keep up the good work!! pics of the outside?!?!
Old 04-12-2005
Registered!!

Black02Civ is an unknown quantity at this point
damn man that is something everyone with the tan interior needs to do. it definitely makes your car even more like the DC5 type r. so sick, good job!
Old 04-13-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
get some new pedles
Old 04-13-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by zachgeyer
get some new pedles
Seriously?

As far as the doors go, all you need is a knife (I use a dremel), drill, screwdriver (philips), marker, scissors, and tacky glue (not spray stuff!!), soapy water, new fabric, smaller screws.

Strip the door down, of everything you can take off, using the hands. There is a screw on the backside, remove that as well. There are 4 or 5 rivot looking things, that are molded plastic, to the door (backside). You can use a knife here to cut off their top. It's sort of difficult using this method, but it gets the job done (hence why I use a dremel). Then using a smaller sized bit, I drill out, those same areas. This piece that you're getting ready to take off, is on the outside of the door. It is the piece right below, the handle you use to open/shut the door itself. After drilling out those areas, turn the door panel over, so the side with the fabric, is facing you. Give it a good tug, and it should come off. (I've seen people brake the very end piece off. It's the one that's by the armrest on the door panel. Be careful not to do that, but it can be glued on.). Then remove the fabric, keeping it in one piece. After it's off, wash the panel using hot, soapy water, removing all of the excess material. Blot dry, and let the panel sit. While it's sitting, take your new fabric, the old fabric, and trace (marker) around the old piece, giving yourself about 1/2" extra around all edges. Cut the fabric, get the panel, apply glue at one corner, working your way across the area. Cut the fabric if need be. Let the glue dry for about 5 minutes, usually it's dry if you get the SUPER tacky stuff. Put the piece you took off, via drilling, back on using the holes from the drill, as anchor points for the screws. Attach them so they're tight, and you're done.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-13-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Seriously?

As far as the doors go, all you need is a knife (I use a dremel), drill, screwdriver (philips), marker, scissors, and tacky glue (not spray stuff!!), soapy water, new fabric, smaller screws.

Strip the door down, of everything you can take off, using the hands. There is a screw on the backside, remove that as well. There are 4 or 5 rivot looking things, that are molded plastic, to the door (backside). You can use a knife here to cut off their top. It's sort of difficult using this method, but it gets the job done (hence why I use a dremel). Then using a smaller sized bit, I drill out, those same areas. This piece that you're getting ready to take off, is on the outside of the door. It is the piece right below, the handle you use to open/shut the door itself. After drilling out those areas, turn the door panel over, so the side with the fabric, is facing you. Give it a good tug, and it should come off. (I've seen people brake the very end piece off. It's the one that's by the armrest on the door panel. Be careful not to do that, but it can be glued on.). Then remove the fabric, keeping it in one piece. After it's off, wash the panel using hot, soapy water, removing all of the excess material. Blot dry, and let the panel sit. While it's sitting, take your new fabric, the old fabric, and trace (marker) around the old piece, giving yourself about 1/2" extra around all edges. Cut the fabric, get the panel, apply glue at one corner, working your way across the area. Cut the fabric if need be. Let the glue dry for about 5 minutes, usually it's dry if you get the SUPER tacky stuff. Put the piece you took off, via drilling, back on using the holes from the drill, as anchor points for the screws. Attach them so they're tight, and you're done.

Hope that helps.
thats awsome.....very helpfull
Old 04-13-2005
Registered!!

paradoxblue will become famous soon enough
ncie tut thanks!

hey more info on themback seats pleeease.

they look bad ***
Old 04-13-2005

Seriously?

Hope that helps.
your a lifesaver, i was worried you just say pop it off and put new fabric on or something short and brief. thanks
Old 04-13-2005
Registered!!

Hey, I'm glad I could help everyone up to this point. Just go slowly with it, if it's your first time doing this. It's easy, but one could make it difficult for themselves.

The back seats were done professionally, as I stated earlier. There is no way I was going to attempt doing those. Between the two different colors, and the stitch work involved, I wasn't even going to try. LOL.

Quick Reply: New interior - *Check it out*