Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

I need your opinion 7thgen...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005
"You leave me in the trenches taking Grenades, John"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stachmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb I need your opinion 7thgen...

Hey guys,
I've been wanting a Lip kit for my car for a while now, something that will complement it but not make it stick too far outta the crowd. Before all of you start saying...SEARCH....I know this site has a search button, and I've used it. I'm basically down to two different 'sets' of kits. Here are the options:

1) Kaminari Lip Kit - Looks like a good kit, but I havent seen a whole lotta clear pictures of this on a blue coupe

2) Mixture - I was thinking the Type B front Lip with the Honda Aero sides (http://www.handaaccessories.com/civic/civicfront.jpg those side skirts) and the OEM Rear Lip (I'm assuming you all know what that looks like).

So heres the question...

1) On the 'Mix kit' Would the Front Lip drop down lower than the rest of the kit? or would they all hang down about the same

2) And which in your opinion would look better? I cant really decide between the two.

If you take a look at my profile you can get a good idea of what I have right now (basically stock). For reference, I plan on getting rid of the wing, and my rims are on back order. I'm thinking of putting the Kaminari KTR II Wing on later this summer just so you know...

By the way thanks for any suggestions/help in advance
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
i really like the Kaminari Lip Kit but thats just my 2 cents
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
i have OEM but i wished i got the kaminari
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

MagicRacing18 will become famous soon enoughMagicRacing18 will become famous soon enough
I had the kaminari on mine, looked good, I wasnt happy with the fit of it though, the sides by the rear tires didnt look right for some reason.. but tons of people liked it and like that kit. I now have a ww kit and some other kit components back home waiting to be installed. If you go through members rides you should be able to find basically any combo.. it will take a while but then you'll have a good idea of how everything should look. Go with your gut.

~n~
Old 04-07-2005

my question is...will the type B lip hang down lower than the rest of the kit if I used the side skirts and rear (like I mentioned before)?
Old 04-07-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Don't quote me on this, but I believe the type-B front will be either equal or a little high as far as height goes.

I think that if you're going to get the KTR wing, you have to get the Kaminari kit. That wing doesn't go with the mix kit you were talking about, imo. Personally, I think the straight OEM kit is the best looking.
Old 04-07-2005

I dont really want the OEM kit just because I want it to look a little different than stock...plus I dont really like the OEM 'Front Spoiler' or whatever its called.

Anyone know any pics of an Eternal Blue Vic with a Kaminari Kit? I havent seen any yet
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

A.ShabazJenkins is an unknown quantity at this point
kaminari