Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Pics of my s2k retrofit!! *UPDATED* pix pg4 (56k stick with halogen)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vietstylez will become famous soon enough
hahaha you guys are crazy... i never noticed how it looked like that, i think its the picture. i'll take a better one tomorrow
Old 04-05-2005
O RLY
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vietstyLez
what... how are they not s2k projectors? the cutoff is the exact s2k cutoff except modified to be a lil more colorful. what do u mean by rsx housing? rsx's dont even have projectors/hid's.. and the ballasts probably say phillips on them because he bought them new... not just took them out of an existing s2000.
They are not the same as the S2000's. That's all I'm saying. The projector housing MIGHT be from an S2000, but it's doubtful, as the housing looks more like the same retro fit used for the RSX. It's just a molded piece made to fit the headlights. The actual S2000 projector housing would probably not work as I already mentioned, the ballast is integrated into the housing.

and that is NOT an S2000 balast/inverter. Number one, to my knowledge, the S2000 balast is not made by philips. Number two, the S2000 balast is rectangular shaped, silver, and is integrated into the bottom of the projector housing.

look in this pdf. page 5, figure 5. see the silver thing hanging out the bottom of the headlight housing? that's the actual ballast/inverter for the S2000.
http://www.ricks2k.com/info/instructions/diffuser.pdf

And to be certain I asked on s2ki.com and everyone has stated the same thing.

I'm not trying to take away from how good the mod is on your car or how cool it looks and how much brighter the lights are. (because it does look hot!) I'm simply trying to help you understand on your statement of it being something it's not.
Old 04-05-2005
O RLY

S2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to beholdS2000man01 is a splendid one to behold
Just an FYI. MSRP on the projector housing, ballasts, bulbs, etc for an S2000 run about $1800 a PAIR! Dealer cost on them is in the $1200 area.
Old 04-05-2005
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
looks sick bro....nice work
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

ren808 is on a distinguished road
can i get a CLOSE UP SHOT
Old 04-05-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
s2000man01, you're wrong. so very, very wrong (about the projectors). the projectors (not the housing, as the housing is actually a civic OEM headlight housing) is a s2000 projector. if you would care to go to hidplanet.com/forums and look through the for sale section and/or the pictures forum, you would see that s2000 projectors can be taken out of the s2000 housings, and retrofitted into another set of headlights.

the ballasts, yes, you're correct in saying that his ballasts are not genuine s2000 ballasts, but really, who the hell cares? a ballast is a ballast is a ballast. i'm using matsushita ballasts with my HID retrofit, but AFAIK the audi a4 (the car that my projectors came out of) uses hella gen 3 ballasts.

your price quote: $1200 seems like a honda price, but look on your very own s2ki.com forums in the for sale section and you will find people selling a PAIR of USDM s2k headlights for upwards of $500 (usually priced around $350 shipped). they sell the headlights cause they bought the UKDM chrome headlights. the projectors themselves are worth $250.

all in all, yes, his projectors are, in fact, s2000 projectors. his hosuings are oem civic housings, and his ballasts are philips lvq212 (same as hella gen 3).
Old 04-05-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
same crap just diffferent ballasts as mentioned...

get closer pics of the projector lense

looks funny
Old 04-05-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
wow, i think that looks like crap in the OEM housing... just IMO.
Old 04-05-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
what did you use to search ebay because i've yet to find those man share the wealth here
Old 04-05-2005
Ultimate Member

teampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant futureteampointless has a brilliant future
they were posted in another thread from a 7thgen member who was selling them, thats how he found them. just do a full retro.
Old 04-05-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by teampointless
they were posted in another thread from a 7thgen member who was selling them, thats how he found them. just do a full retro.
no...? i thought that member was searchinig throuhg ebay and just happened to come across that auction.
Old 04-05-2005
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
WHO CARES... they are sweet... and no one else really has them.... dam...
Old 04-05-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
ahhh...it won't stop staring at me!!!

lol...j/k...looks good, nice work!
Old 04-05-2005
O RLY

Originally Posted by infinite012
s2000man01, you're wrong. so very, very wrong (about the projectors). the projectors (not the housing, as the housing is actually a civic OEM headlight housing) is a s2000 projector. if you would care to go to hidplanet.com/forums and look through the for sale section and/or the pictures forum, you would see that s2000 projectors can be taken out of the s2000 housings, and retrofitted into another set of headlights.

the ballasts, yes, you're correct in saying that his ballasts are not genuine s2000 ballasts, but really, who the hell cares? a ballast is a ballast is a ballast. i'm using matsushita ballasts with my HID retrofit, but AFAIK the audi a4 (the car that my projectors came out of) uses hella gen 3 ballasts.

your price quote: $1200 seems like a honda price, but look on your very own s2ki.com forums in the for sale section and you will find people selling a PAIR of USDM s2k headlights for upwards of $500 (usually priced around $350 shipped). they sell the headlights cause they bought the UKDM chrome headlights. the projectors themselves are worth $250.

all in all, yes, his projectors are, in fact, s2000 projectors. his hosuings are oem civic housings, and his ballasts are philips lvq212 (same as hella gen 3).
yes, as I stated I didnt think they were the projectors, but i wasn't sure so I wasn't going to say positively. where as i know the ballasts, were not.

however, your pricing on the headlights is still off. there are two different things here. headlight/projector housings. and then the ballasts/bulbs/igniter.

the OEM cost for JUST the headlights and housing is about $1000 from honda for the 04+. The dealer cost on these is around $600. The cost of the ballasts and bulbs for the dealer is also around $600.

You may find some headlight assembly's on sale on s2ki, however, the chances of you finding someone selling their headlights AND the ballasts/bulbs/igniter for $350 is way off. What you are seeing is just the price of the headlights assemly alone. And the $350 range is going to be USED headlights assembly off of an 00-03 model.

On Ebay the PRE 04 headlights are about $400. that is WITHOUT ballasts and bulbs. The ballasts and bulbs alone are another $400-$500 it looks like.

Now, you might find a USED pair from like an 01 or 02 that's headlights, ballasts, and bulbs for about $600+. But that's a very used pair and not in high demand. To my knowledge the equipment he got was new or fairly newer.

again, not that this detracts from his mod. but he had said he has S2000 headlights. yes and no. he has the projectors, but not the bulbs/igniters/ballasts. part of what makes the S2k headlights look so unique is the ballasts and bulbs.

but none the less, as I said, it's a very cool mod and IMO looks awesome on his vic.

Last edited by S2000man01; 04-05-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
looks good how much did you pay????
Old 04-05-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Good job Viet, can't wait to see them at the next meet.
Old 04-05-2005

Originally Posted by S2000man01
yes, as I stated I didnt think they were the projectors, but i wasn't sure so I wasn't going to say positively. where as i know the ballasts, were not.

however, your pricing on the headlights is still off. there are two different things here. headlight/projector housings. and then the ballasts/bulbs/igniter.

the OEM cost for JUST the headlights and housing is about $1000 from honda for the 04+. The dealer cost on these is around $600. The cost of the ballasts and bulbs for the dealer is also around $600.

You may find some headlight assembly's on sale on s2ki, however, the chances of you finding someone selling their headlights AND the ballasts/bulbs/igniter for $350 is way off. What you are seeing is just the price of the headlights assemly alone. And the $350 range is going to be USED headlights assembly off of an 00-03 model.

On Ebay the PRE 04 headlights are about $400. that is WITHOUT ballasts and bulbs. The ballasts and bulbs alone are another $400-$500 it looks like.

Now, you might find a USED pair from like an 01 or 02 that's headlights, ballasts, and bulbs for about $600+. But that's a very used pair and not in high demand. To my knowledge the equipment he got was new or fairly newer.

again, not that this detracts from his mod. but he had said he has S2000 headlights. yes and no. he has the projectors, but not the bulbs/igniters/ballasts. part of what makes the S2k headlights look so unique is the ballasts and bulbs.

but none the less, as I said, it's a very cool mod and IMO looks awesome on his vic.
i agree with most of your points, and i was proven wrong with the prices for the headlights. however, the 00-03 projectors are what are in demand. the 04 and up projectors have a much softer cutoff as opposed to the 00-03's razor sharp cutoff. i'm sure you know what i mean by razor sharp (because you have a 00-03 MY s2k). honda screwed up with the 04-05 s2k in every aspect except styling, imo.

the ballasts and bulbs are nothing more than a stanley ballast and a philips 85122 (4100-4300k) d2s bulb. i have the same exact bulbs that come on a s2k, sc430, RL, TL, TSX, etc. there's nothing special about them.

let's make a "project" retrofit, just for the sake of argument. pricing on the bulbs from the dealer may be up in the $200 PER BULB range, but online (hidplanet.com, ebay.com, other sites) you can get a PAIR of bulbs for $75 shipped. the ballasts (anything with a name, basically), $150 shipped. the projectors are what cost the most (in this "project" retrofit), coming in at a hefty $250. that totals $475 for "s2000 projector retrofit."

but yeah, the headlights are super cool. the information is not very clear, but it's still s2000 projectors.
Old 04-05-2005
O RLY

cool.

yeah i guess to ME the 00-03 are not in demand because all of us 00-03 owners want the 04+ housings.
Old 04-05-2005

yep. the 04+ housings are sexy as hell, but the projectors aren't all that.
Old 04-05-2005

yay!! all the drama is resolved! hahahaha i'll take better pix today after i wash her, so hopefully yall will stop making fun of me/her
Old 04-05-2005
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
reel tite
Old 04-05-2005
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice
Old 04-05-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
why did honda change the projectors if they were already good? That's sucky.
Old 04-05-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally Posted by gearbox
I remember there was something wrong with them... Like the government stepped in... Seriously though, it was something like that

dumb
Old 04-06-2005

is that better???? does she still look hypnotized??

Last edited by vietstyLez; 04-06-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2005

Originally Posted by gearbox
something along the lines of the cutoff being too sharp and creating CRAZY colorful flicker to oncomming traffic. so many people complain about reflector based HIDs already (because they're blue, and "cause excessive glare" ), so when youre looking at a 2000-2003 s2k coming at you with their HIDs on, it is just hypnotizing. blue, purple, green, white, everything.

afaik, honda had to change to a projector that had a softer cutoff as opposed to the razor sharp one found on the 00-03 s2k.
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

mikenam is an unknown quantity at this point
nice

Last edited by mikenam; 04-06-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2005

also just picked up some amber signals for that less ricey look

off to work i go
Old 04-06-2005
Registered!!

sp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of lightsp3cialk is a glorious beacon of light
damn thats so nice.
Old 04-06-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I really think thats dope......I would love a black set for my ride

Quick Reply: Pics of my s2k retrofit!! *UPDATED* pix pg4 (56k stick with halogen)