Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

7th gen hater!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blue2k2ex will become famous soon enoughblue2k2ex will become famous soon enough
7th gen hater!

Guys a friend of mine sent me an article about a EVO owner who was hating on civics. In the article the guy is asked where he thinks the future of the import scene is going? He replies by saying that "The Evolution is leading the charge in the import market along with the suburu wrx. and that these cars are the hot items right now." Although I agree with that statement his response to the next question made me want to bitch slap him. When asked why he felt these two specific cars are leading the import aftermarket his response was " They are the only true cars that come from the factory ready to be modded and beefed up for such things as aftermarket turbos." He continues by saying That such cars as honda civics, excluding the si edition have no business being boosted." He states that such cars are for amateurs and that they wouldn't know real horsepower if it hit them in the rearend at 110 mph. He goes on by saying " In the pathetic quest to boost civics companys' have been producing 2nd rate turbo kits that lead to nothing but fuel system problems, major tunning problems, transmission and clutch issues, and in the end detonation of their poor little 4 cylinders.and these ignorant owners are more then happy to buy into a great marketing devic" and he continues by saying "this is especially true in the PRESENT GENERATION OF CIVICS." He picks on other cars such as the eclipses, tiburons, accords and sentras but the part about civics is what I was focused on. He ends the interview by saying that "Anyone who owns any of these cars that he mentioned should burn their car and save up for a real machine. All I can say is that mother fucin scumbag. Death to him!
Old 03-28-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
lol.........some ppl are just plain ****
Old 03-28-2005
All Show No Go Sedan

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Aznnp77 will become famous soon enoughAznnp77 will become famous soon enough
he's right. civics aren't meant to be boosted. You'd have to upgrade internals in order to be able to handle one. once all the internals are done, u basically have a different car. I respect his comment. I only hate people who drive domestics who think they're gods gift to speed.
Old 03-28-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
hes ghay, hes probably one of the poeple that bought a civic thinking it was the GOD of all cars becuase he had altezza's. Then he got smacked in the face by someone with a more EXPENSIVE car so his feelings were hurt.

So he saved his pennies, now he bought and EVO and thinks anything less is worthless. Talk about forgetting your roots!

Im sure plent of swapped K20's with turbos will eat him alive. Considering turboing a K20 is basically making it as stock as a EVO or STI with turbo.
Old 03-28-2005
This cost me 1500 points

beastiek2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to say I agree with what he said...The only true civic worthy of racing and mods is the SI..Its just plain truth..DOHC over SOHC we all know the winner of this battle. The Honda civic is an economical cheap sometimes family car. We mod them cause they are cheap and we are young and we get a kick out of it..But have you ever been in a fast car? You cant compair a civic to an EVO or STI or SRT-4. Granted I love my Vic but I know I did not buy this car to race it, there is no point. Yes some of us have dumped enough money into the car to make it fast but there is only so much out D17s can handle, thats why we swap it to a K. The only true power I felt from a civic was when I was in RPM's B18 hatch hitting VTEC in that thing scares you. But dont hate I love our civics but not for racing =)
Old 03-28-2005
Premium Member

genx_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
What's wrong with what he said??? I totally agree with the guy
Old 03-28-2005
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
any car built or not if you abuse the hell out of it, expect that the car will break down, sooner or later... subaru spends more money for maintenance and civic owner spend less

PS... he's ghay!!!
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

jjdawg22 is an unknown quantity at this point
The man is right in a sense. But I'd love to see him pull up in his EVO next to that guy who has the 11.5 second turbo K20A3. He'd probably respect vics a little more after that.
Old 03-28-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
where did you read this? who is he? unless he has a respectable background in the automotive industry, i don't care for his opinion. And sorry to burst his bubble...but NO car ever rolls off the assembly line "ready to be modded" sorry, it just doesn't happen. Any mods done to cars for high performance cars are provided to the public by the manufacturer. This is where we see mugen, nismo, sti, trd, etc.
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

suthrninca is an unknown quantity at this point
As much as I hate it, I agree with him also. But, the beauty of a civic is that it makes a great daily driver and a sweet sleeper if you have the $ for the k20 swap.
Old 03-28-2005
Let's see if I know the ledge

tricky is on a distinguished road
I love my car, but hes got some valid points..he only spoke the truth..BUT no need for the hate...It kills me that someone would look down upon someone else becuase of money...***, if i could've bought a wrx for the same amount of my vic i wouldve...looking back i probably should've bought a used hatch and swap..but oh well...who gives a *** if someone wants to boost there grandmas car...more power to them...so to that guy..GO SHOVE YOUR EVO UP YA ***...nice car though...hehe
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

BlackFire is an unknown quantity at this point
Well... I agree up to the part where he said that the WRX is leading the scene as the EVO being "ready to be modded and beefed up for such things as aftermarket turbos". Looks like this guy is not really at the scene to see how much the Subarus WRXs brake its transmissions if you put real power in it. Have a lot of friends with this type of car, and it brake transmissions so frequently that they have to swap it for an STi transmission.
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

Matulin407 is an unknown quantity at this point
=( im too poor for a k20.. when i see rex's or evos i roll up the windows and drive like a grandpa. hehe.
Old 03-28-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SkipBarber
where did you read this? who is he? unless he has a respectable background in the automotive industry, i don't care for his opinion.
Agreed....No one in the industry would ever be quoted as saying "Anyone who owns any of these cars should burn their car and save up for a real machine."

He's a guy....he own's a car.....he hates civics, accords and loves his EVO......Yippy Skippy Mother F*cking Do Da for him
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

jemdogs is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with BlackFire about the WRX tranny issue. Those things are crap and Subaru will make any excuse to void your warranty if it breaks.

Although WRXs and EVOs are "hot items" right now, I wouldn't agree with all the inflammatory statements he made about them. On a factual basis, his point about Civics is true. However, he presented his argument in an extremely immature way, probably on purpose, so as to excite and anger the owners of all the cars he bashed. I see this kind of attitude all the time in The Scene and its a big reason why I limit my involement in it. The whole "My <Expletive Deleted> Is Bigger Than Your <Expletive Deleted>" egomania really gets old after a while. </rant>

Last edited by jemdogs; 03-28-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2005
Premium Member

blue2k2ex will become famous soon enoughblue2k2ex will become famous soon enough
I agree with some of his staetments and yes I guess being an EVO owner you can talk **** about alot of other cars but what I don't like is the fact that he spews pure hate. The fact of the matter is that all of us here share the same passion for our cars and nobody should judge that or look down on us for that. I have to be honest and say that when I read this I lost alot of faith in my vic as far as where it stands, but after thinking about it I realized something that this guy just doesn't get. My biggest attraction to modding my civic was to learn as I went along and to be able to sit back and look at the car I built and know that my time and effort went into it. Lets face it if most of us had that kind of money to drop on an evo I think most of us would because it's obvious that cars such as the evo or wrx give you a much better starting point for modding then our little grocery getters, but in the same sense because these guys are starting out at a much higher starting point then any of us it doesn't take a whole lot of time or effort to produce the kind of horsepower that we would kill for. For me it's about a love for my car and some jackass like that will never understand that or take that away from me..
Old 03-28-2005
TAQUITOS!!!!

gh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the roughgh0st is a jewel in the rough
i get better gas mileage.
Old 03-28-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by blue2k2ex
For me it's about a love for my car and some jackass like that will never understand that or take that away from me..
Thats what I love about Civic owners, no one does out there car for status, ( well at least where I live ) A civic here with 30 grand into it is still a civic to the rich here in their lambos, porshes, and ferraris.
Old 03-28-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Originally Posted by blue2k2ex
In the pathetic quest to boost civics companys' have been producing 2nd rate turbo kits that lead to nothing but fuel system problems, major tunning problems, transmission and clutch issues
Umm my friend has an aftermarket turbo in his evo and has nothing but tranny problems, those cars are not good to push past their limits anymore then a Civic...
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

ACURAwerx is on a distinguished road
some people have to understand some people just don't have the money to buy the things they truly want. If everyone could pick between a civic or a evo (for free as an example) i'm sure almost all of us would get a evo (of course there are people who have really fast civics, show civics, or who really just like civics). Even if your parents bought your car or whatever, some people just can't get as nice of things as other people can, and if your on the winning or losing hand of that you should understand and not knock other people because you think your car is better then theirs.
Old 03-28-2005
9K Redline Owns U

Spider883 will become famous soon enoughSpider883 will become famous soon enough
That guy is a moron... boost what you got... i did
Old 03-28-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Hahaha... I bet he goes to "special" schools and says he's smarter than everyone over there and says that they shouldn't even be going to school...
Old 03-28-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm not sure if anybody brought up this point, i didnt really read everyones response, just skimmed through a bit but, he said. and i quote

"detonation of their poor little 4 cylinders"

hmm..was he referring to 4 cylinders in general?...becuase..Evos and Imprezas are 4cylinder.
Old 03-28-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
well i think when it comes to sucking the Si has just as LITTLE potential as our engines in the long run. no one cares about the 160hp K series engine! The RSX-S engine is the kind in this catagory and as long as there is a better K then Si will remain unwanted and unloved a tiny bit less than our D17s
Old 03-28-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
i like how they say that the import scene is just starting now. correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought that it was starting back in 98-99. i've seen several news reports stating that it started from about then over the years, AND one quote that i remember was that 'kids were taking their parents civics and souping (however it's spelled) them up to make them as fast as other higher end cars on the road.'
Old 03-28-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
Umm my friend has an aftermarket turbo in his evo and has nothing but tranny problems, those cars are not good to push past their limits anymore then a Civic...

ive heard the evo clutches and trannies are hopeless but otherwise amazing cars. no doubt worth every penny but still dont nock on civics that cost $17000 when alot of people have over $15,000 in mods done! thats as much as an evo and alot more personalized with cool aftermarket gear. stock = boring.
and honestly sometimes i see evos and stis and think thats great but i can play x box and watch movies in my car and dont have to worry about engine wear and all that crap with turbo'ed 2Ls with over 250hp!
Old 03-28-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that guy needs a slap in the face. Remember guns and his turbo 7thgen that owned a mustang GT at the track? Civics are the cars that started the import scene. The other companies dodge, mitsu, and subaru are just playing along (after the fact) so they can share in the profit. There are plenty of civics out there pushing 800+whp that will demolish any factory turbo car from this so-called new import scene.
Old 03-28-2005
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gearbox
There are plenty of civics out there pushing 800+whp that will demolish any factory turbo car from this so-called new import scene.
Old 03-28-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gh0st
i get better gas mileage.
sweet, me too lol

i dunno seems like that guy is just trying to **** everyone with one of those cars off.
Old 03-29-2005
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor

Xenin is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess this EVO owner doesnt watch WRC. i've seen some of the 2004 races and those EVO kept breaking down, they just could not compete. Subaru, Citroen and Ford, yes Ford, were ahead of the pack from what i can remember.

Quick Reply: 7th gen hater!