Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Tail light Conversions [more PICS updated]

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caryimpsdb7 is an unknown quantity at this point
whered you get that Gen 7 badge?
Old 03-27-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Originally Posted by caryimpsdb7
whered you get that Gen 7 badge?
it's some car club in Canada
Old 03-27-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
hey Mishkautkin i think those body molded light look awsome how did you do it
Old 03-27-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
yeah skiboard ur taillights are pretty sik. ive been thinkin for the longest time of doing the same thing to mines n be a biter XD ahahaha. it just looks too sik. but the taillights lighting up under the painted part looks pretty nasty on all cars that have their tails painted over. so im probably not gona. the purplish glow looks kindah kool tho.

think theres a way to wire ur tails up so that the turn signals come on as ur brake light? and just disconnect the top..... i think that would look kind of neat. but then ud be out of turn signals in the back...... so iono. but it would really change the way ur car looks from the back at night when everything is lit up
Old 03-27-2005

skiboard is on a distinguished road
^^ yeah I am thinkin of doing LED conversion at the moment.. but too much wotk hehe.. or use a relay to make it in to one bulb
(signal area on when you turn on nightlight, other filament lights up when you hit the brake, and brake light turns off and on when you signal) I will think about it tonite hehe

about Gen 7 emblem. it's same quality as our Civic badge. I bought it from S.Korea so not sure where they sell it in north America. it's seperate single letters that you put together to make up a word

Last edited by skiboard; 03-27-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-27-2005
The Rizing Sun

damn i didnt even notice that gen7 badge. that is awesome. get me some! or u kno of any place online that sells individual letters like that?
Old 03-27-2005

I bough this for like $1.50 each letters. I donno where they sell it in here. checked Ebay but it's like 6USD for each letter
haha if there's enough people who wants this I can organize a group buy
Old 03-27-2005
The Rizing Sun

wahtd u search in ebay to find those? n yeah, ill be in for a group buy, depending on how much it costs. but if its 6 bucks a letter... id better start saving now. hahaha
Old 03-27-2005

if I could get it in, it would be roughly around $10 CDN max shipped for 4 letters ? not sure on the price
Old 04-14-2005
Registered!!

benya7thmix is an unknown quantity at this point
i would totally be on board for a piece in a group buy of those letters, they look crazy good!!

-BENYA
Old 04-14-2005
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
looks amazing on the sedan... you now have the nicest sedan *** ive seen...
also the coupe looks like an evo... i might try it!
Old 04-14-2005
Registered!!

JDMwhoreCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by K20EQUIPPED
Nice....gives it a TSX look to it in my opinion.
dats wat i was gun say
Old 04-14-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mishkautkin
here is my tail light conversion.
i'm not sure what it is, but i really don't like it
Old 04-14-2005

Originally Posted by benya7thmix
i would totally be on board for a piece in a group buy of those letters, they look crazy good!!

-BENYA
GB : Personalized Emblems
Old 04-16-2005
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i thought the tsx lights were old gen camry rip offs. LOL.
Old 04-16-2005
Registered!!

MBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really niceMBison is just really nice
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Asahi
yeah skiboard ur taillights are pretty sik. ive been thinkin for the longest time of doing the same thing to mines n be a biter XD ahahaha. it just looks too sik. but the taillights lighting up under the painted part looks pretty nasty on all cars that have their tails painted over. so im probably not gona. the purplish glow looks kindah kool tho.

think theres a way to wire ur tails up so that the turn signals come on as ur brake light? and just disconnect the top..... i think that would look kind of neat. but then ud be out of turn signals in the back...... so iono. but it would really change the way ur car looks from the back at night when everything is lit up
They are not purplish man. I've told you that the pics came out like that. At least mine glow red.
Old 05-10-2005
The Beez Kneez

ok i got some white vinyl and masked the top of mine tonight.
LMK what you think... i will post day shots tommorrow.

(the pics suk because i dont know how to use my camera.. and the light was reflecting off the license plate.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	53761  
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by acidbaby
ok i got some white vinyl and masked the top of mine tonight.
LMK what you think... i will post day shots tommorrow.

(the pics suk because i dont know how to use my camera.. and the light was reflecting off the license plate.)

it looks pretty sweet. i might have gone even lower with the white though. i don't know how it would light up. looks pretty tight. i'm thinking about doing it on my car.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
Does the light show through the vinyl at all? I think it looks pretty clean but maybe lower if it doesn't affect turn signal.
Old 05-10-2005
The Beez Kneez

yes the light shows through but only when the blinker is on.. which is the same way skiboard had his...
Old 05-10-2005
The Beez Kneez

ok if i go lower with the vinyl i will have to mod the lights to be legal and most important "safe.. ive come up with the idea of putting my blinker into the revearse light.
the hole will hold the bulb but i will have to cut it so the bulb will fit.. i am going to go to auto zone tommorrow for a red bulb.. also here is another one but i couldnt get the outside straight enough.. i dont think i like it.. i have eyelids i just wanted to try somethink diff.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	53762  
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
if you take out the reverse light where's it gonna go? Either way i think it looks good
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by acidbaby
ok if i go lower with the vinyl i will have to mod the lights to be legal and most important "safe.. ive come up with the idea of putting my blinker into the revearse light.
the hole will hold the bulb but i will have to cut it so the bulb will fit.. i am going to go to auto zone tommorrow for a red bulb.. also here is another one but i couldnt get the outside straight enough.. i dont think i like it.. i have eyelids i just wanted to try somethink diff.

those headlights look pretty tight, look kind of like 8th gen civic si lights or tsx lights.
Old 05-10-2005
The Beez Kneez

Originally Posted by PennyKnotOff
if you take out the reverse light where's it gonna go? Either way i think it looks good

the reverse light i can do without but the turn siginal is a must so i have to mod...

we will see.
Old 05-10-2005
Registered!!

kinda risky don't you think? props for the idea hope it turns out ok
Old 05-10-2005

chknmnky will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mishkautkin
here is my tail light conversion.
Hey man, don't fret. That sheat is awesome and its obvious you put alot of time into it. I betcha if peeps saw it in person they're reactions would change. Half the peeps here flame me for the stuff on my car, but around where i live I've had nothing but compliments and second glances.
Old 05-10-2005
Got Bags?

HondaNation is on a distinguished road
Molded Trunk + Licence plate on your bumper (thx to joski for pics)

[/QUOTE]
thats a photochop right?
Old 05-10-2005
The Beez Kneez

that pic is chopped^^^^^ can you guys come up with a better way to use the blinker?
Old 05-10-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
acidbaby, maby try getting cheap strobes/headlight accents and just get them in your reverse light area... just an idea, you could bring your stock turn sigs down and hook the strobes/accents to your reverse or vise versa.... or maby even go into your brake light area... maby the strobe would be bright enuf to overshadow your brake light... just an idea...
Old 05-10-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
O or another thought, cut your reverse light power line and hook your turnsig power line to it, then just get the reverse light in red/amber or get a gell cover for the bulb if you are not worried about having reverse lights...

EDIT: was thinking about that more, how often do you back up when you are turning... NEVER... so just leave the powerline on for the reverse and run you turn sig power line to the positive line on the reverse light.... VOLA! reverse/ turn sigs... only prob is it will be clear, just get a hyper white one! that idea is just crazy enuf to work!

EDIT #2: here is a photoshop pic of a silver one... I have some silver vynal that matches the paint well, I may give this a shot and see how it goes...

Last edited by Silver Civic; 05-10-2005 at 12:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Tail light Conversions [more PICS updated]