d17a2 TSI turbo complete - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2005   #1  
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
d17a2 TSI turbo complete

well after a long week away from my vic the TSI trubo kit is complete. THe kit was rated for 5-8lbs but last night when we took a test run it was pushing about 12lbs boost. here are a few pics
Intercooler

Garret t25

Gauges

the only thing that gives it away as being a sleeper

eye_see_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #2  
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
straight hottness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HondaKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #3  
Registered!!

Skunk2ner is an unknown quantity at this point
12 lbs? dang. you probably don't want to run that high on stock internals. looks good man!
Skunk2ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #4  
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
boost.... sweet....
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #5  
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
BOOST
Hayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #6  
Registered!!

nickm748 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice
nickm748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #7  
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
did you get a "new" tsi kit? was there ANY fitment issues? looks good man.
AzNmiKex215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #8  
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
The Injection Control Unit has a "fun" button hehe. Nice kit.
jfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #9  
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNmiKex215
did you get a "new" tsi kit? was there ANY fitment issues? looks good man.
it was a new kit with no fitment issues at all. The throttle body has a block with 2 injectors in it that deals with the fuel management that was a little tricky but easy no less. The controller deals with fuel injection settings etc but also acts as a turbo timer thats built in.
Old 03-26-2005   #10  
Premium Member

blue2k2ex will become famous soon enoughblue2k2ex will become famous soon enough
Nice very nice, but 12lbs? let us know how that clutch and head gasket hold up. looks good man.
blue2k2ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #11  
Registered!!

dovo is an unknown quantity at this point
total hotness ~
dovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #12  
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
nice, how much has that cost you so far?
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #13  
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
mmmmmmmmmm booooooost.
02civic_rida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #14  

skiboard is on a distinguished road
skiboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005   #15  
let the devil out

well its set to run at around 9lbs daily but it was capable of 12 on stock internals safely. According to my local shop its rated for about 15lbs on stock internals but i'm riding around 8-9 lbs for now while we tweak the management for fuel. I'm still running a little to lean. Total cost for my turbo kit, labor and Greddy Evo 2 exahust along without haveing a cat anymore has been about 4k
Old 03-26-2005   #16  

Mishkautkin is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome, love it, want it :-)
Mishkautkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #17  
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Looks awesome, must be quick!!
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #18  
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
if you are lucky and the internals hold you can get the 12 psi but the will be just
for doing some drag racing!For daily driving 9psi will be ok!Did you get the greddy e-manange?
But still like it.nice job on getting boosted

grtz
DaRk_MauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #19  
let the devil out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_MauL
if you are lucky and the internals hold you can get the 12 psi but the will be just
for doing some drag racing!For daily driving 9psi will be ok!Did you get the greddy e-manange?
But still like it.nice job on getting boosted

grtz
9psi is going to be my daily and there is no e-manage on this the controller you see in the pictures is part of the TSI kit. It controlls fuel injection, PSI and acts as a turbo timer all at the same time so there is no need for anything else.
Old 03-27-2005   #20  
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
did you read everything about the e-manage?
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=201668
Old 03-27-2005   #21  
let the devil out

so far i'm running fine off the TSI kit components that were included. E-manage may be a option I choose later but so far its running good minus the fine tuning of fuel.One thing I can say is its quick to spool up and has actually scared me on take off a few times LOL
Old 03-27-2005   #22  
Registered!!

Chris3k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice kit, that's badass man... where did you buy it from?
Chris3k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #23  
Registered!!

yeah well if you got @ 12lbs i but it would be fast!!
Old 03-27-2005   #24  
let the devil out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3k2
nice kit, that's badass man... where did you buy it from?
I got the kit through my local shop Deepstage which is run by "The Bear" if anyone knows about there 6 second 1100HP B series hatchback then you know who it is. I think arospeed was his major sponsor before but I got the kit for 2300. my gauges and other things added on to it but I got it for a good deal.
Old 03-27-2005   #25  
I dont know what im talking about

Supermanrider is an unknown quantity at this point
i have found the kit at this websitehttp://www.needboost.com/ they have a kit for ours i found when trying to look for turbo kits you had to use r motor rather then our car and year.
Supermanrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #26  
Registered!!

Chris3k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
how bout hookin me up with that price =)
Chris3k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #27  
let the devil out

anyone else ran into the fuel management potion on this kit? I'm to lean on the low rpm on take off and still trying to get it tuned to run a little better.
Old 03-29-2005   #28  
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
good look !!!!
scatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #29  
Registered!!

hhscheerqt22 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice if i say so myself!
hhscheerqt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #30  
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
VERY NICE!! I need a turbo bad!!
blackbullet is offline   Reply With Quote