Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

opinions please about interior and or other show mods.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
opinions please about interior and or other show mods.

ok long story short after a month in the shop (due to accident) my car has sidemarkers lambo doors ferrari paint(done over with more noticeable metallic) shaved trunk and frenched plate unknown headlights altezza grill and brows. im liking going more towards the showcar look with it so im thinking of doing an interior next. i want something different so everyone tell me what you suggest for an interior or sumthin better for the money 1500-2500 bucks. i was talkin to a buddy who works for a local custom work shop and he suggested gucci ... so ive been thinkin black gucci with the thin red and green stripe on some of there stuff.

first pic is the stripe im talkin bout,second pic is stripe again, third pic is stripe option 2, fourth pic is color of material i want to use with black leather.

your thoughts appreciated thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gucci stripe.bmp
Views:	172
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	50308   Click image for larger version

Name:	guccishoe2.bmp
Views:	142
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	50309   Click image for larger version

Name:	guccishoe.bmp
Views:	99
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	50310   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled455455.bmp
Views:	112
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	50311  
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
if you are going to deff. go with one of those i would use either the tan/black 3rd pic or 4rth pic all black bag.
Old 03-22-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
i say none of those..i say go with some nice tweade or alacantra...btw what color is ur car? also..if u have that much money do some crazy **** with fiberglass..do the dash board and other parts... in my own opinion i dont think the gucci will look good in a civic..a economy car..lol... but to each their own..just post pics when ur done..lol
Old 03-22-2005

my car is black (not honda black it has some silver sparkle to it.) im thinking of doing some fiberglass cus my friend who works at this place knows how so i think ill do a trade off of him doing fiberglass for me and ill do some body work or sumthin for his car.
i dont want twead just cus its so uncomfortable and i know civic is economy car but i want something different than most,
Old 03-22-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
You know what would benefit the whole world: people stopping with the gucci and LV and every other designer pattern in their cars! that would be excellent! hopefully someone will catch on to this and stop putting tvs where no one can see them too.
show cars are useless.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

juzthewy will become famous soon enoughjuzthewy will become famous soon enough
bro lets see the whip.. or is it not out yet ...
Old 03-22-2005

Originally Posted by diskreet
You know what would benefit the whole world: people stopping with the gucci and LV and every other designer pattern in their cars! that would be excellent! hopefully someone will catch on to this and stop putting tvs where no one can see them too.
show cars are useless.
i see in your sig you need pos. rep. ...... well what a great way to get pos. rep. post a retarded reply like that and youll definately get it.
anyways show cars are not pointless in any way. its for the people who REALIZE CIVICS ARE SLOW!! and still want to do stuff, its for the people who want to show off skills (because everything on my car i have done myself, everything) , its for people who like theire car to look nice and stand out from a crowd and especially for me this is cus i hate cloth interiors but dont want all leather and i was thinking of doin something a lil more flashy than suede
Old 03-22-2005

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
i see in your sig you need pos. rep. ...... well what a great way to get pos. rep. post a retarded reply like that and youll definately get it.
anyways show cars are not pointless in any way. its for the people who REALIZE CIVICS ARE SLOW!! and still want to do stuff, its for the people who want to show off skills (because everything on my car i have done myself, everything) , its for people who like theire car to look nice and stand out from a crowd and especially for me this is cus i hate cloth interiors but dont want all leather and i was thinking of doin something a lil more flashy than suede

im sorry but my opinion, which is allowed to be different from your if your parents never told you that, is that show cars have become useless and pointless.
thats an opinion. as for rep i dont even care anymore. thats been there for a while now and i dont care what it is. ill just disable it.
but if no one ever told you, you are allowed to feel differently about something else, thats what makes you a person not a monkey.
Old 03-22-2005

Originally Posted by juzthewy
bro lets see the whip.. or is it not out yet ...
its out but i was saving pics until i get my brows painted cus im gonna open a thread with the new stuff.
heres one for ya.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ncm160007.JPG
Views:	4669
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	50318  
Old 03-22-2005

im sorry but my opinion, which is allowed to be different from your if your parents never told you that, is that show cars have become useless and pointless.
thats an opinion. as for rep i dont even care anymore. thats been there for a while now and i dont care what it is. ill just disable it.
but if no one ever told you, you are allowed to feel differently about something else, thats what makes you a person not a monkey.
thats fine and in fact i was asking for opinions not retarded half thought through comments that were aimed at me because i like something and you decided to say the world would be better if there werent people like me. to that i say go screw
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
thats fine and in fact i was asking for opinions not retarded half thought through comments that were aimed at me because i like something and you decided to say the world would be better if there werent people like me. to that i say go screw
Calm down man, he was just voicing his opinion. I personally agree with him and think that it is a waste of money, but your work does show how good your hands are so go for it if that is what you want.
Old 03-22-2005
StAyInG StOcK aNd MarRiEd

ES2Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
In your comment you said that show cars are for people who realize their civic is slow, HOWEVER, if you were to have put your money that you spent on the show stuff into a new motor, and all the other goodies then your car could've been faster. You are able to do what you want, that is why you did that. I just think that you were stating things a little wrong when you said that you put all your money into you car because it was slow to make it show. You could've had a fast car, and still can if you try.
Old 03-22-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
have the interior done in the silver reflective fabric
like the stuff on saftey jackets and shoes.

I have never seen it done before.

3M make a material called scotchlite

3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Material Distributors
http://cms.3m.com/cms/US/en/2-135/cckkeFS/view.jhtml

Head Lites Corporation
Chuck Swanson
2280 Ventura Drive
St. Paul, MN 55125
651-730-7000/800-777-5630
www.headlitescorp.com

Iron Horse Safety Specialties
David Harvey
9886 Chartwell Drive
Dallas, TX 75243-8304
800-323-5889
www.reflectivefabric.com

Safety Effects, LLC
Doug Bean
3657 Fisher Ford Road
Lancaster KY 40444-8104
800-929-3975
www.safetyfx.com

Safety Flag Company of America
David Radler
390 Pine Street
Pawtucket, RI 02862
800-556-7584
www.safetyflag.com

VanTech/Safetyline
Jim Caviglia
6707 Goshen Avenue
Visalia, CA 93291
800-872-3359
www.safetyline.com

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 03-22-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
nice car! but the civic already looks nice. slap on some rims, grille, tints, lip kit, hids,black out ur lights and use the money for a swap that way ur car will still look nice and it will be super fasT!

but i still like ur caR!
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

WEAPON-R CIVIC will become famous soon enough
show cars useless, hmmm, wonder how the parts for you civic were developed? how the ideas for the parts were developed? etc etc
Old 03-22-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
show cars are useless.
Sure some people with just too much spare cash and no taste make show cars and lots are garbage. But people also paint Elvis on black velvet, does that mean paintings by Monet or Da Vinci are worthless?

Show cars are a form of advertising, shops and sponsors use them to show people what can be done, and show amazing creativity. Also it is an art form, if you think creativity and skill is somthing that is wrong with the world, then that's just a sad outlook IMO
Old 03-22-2005

Originally Posted by ES2Guy
In your comment you said that show cars are for people who realize their civic is slow, HOWEVER, if you were to have put your money that you spent on the show stuff into a new motor, and all the other goodies then your car could've been faster. You are able to do what you want, that is why you did that. I just think that you were stating things a little wrong when you said that you put all your money into you car because it was slow to make it show. You could've had a fast car, and still can if you try.

but i personally dont believe that the gucci fabric of any kind should be in a civic. looks so ghetto-fabulous like something you would see in a rap video on MTV that all the 12 year old mindless white girls voted for.
sorry if that offends anyone ^^^^ but you know its true.

Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
Sure some people with just too much spare cash and no taste make show cars and lots are garbage. But people also paint Elvis on black velvet, does that mean paintings by Monet or Da Vinci are worthless?

Show cars are a form of advertising, shops and sponsors use them to show people what can be done, and show amazing creativity. Also it is an art form, if you think creativity and skill is somthing that is wrong with the world, then that's just a sad outlook IMO
I feel the same way and I cannot understand why people spend $20,000 in aftermarket parts on a car they cant drive for a $100 prize and a trophy. the only winners are the companies who are raping the kids' wallets. True some are art, and exceptional works of art in their own respect, but still, why would you want to spend all this money so that you can get almost no benefit while the companies you are buying from are making huge amounts of money off you.

I like built street cars for this reason: You see them driving with all these mods and you know they still look good and perform well. They advertise their products with decals because they actually USE them and enjoy them. An example: I would recommend JL Audio amps and subs any day. Not for the benefit of the company, but becuase I push them all the time and have no problems. They exceed all expectations. Same with Clarion in-dash DVD players. I didnt buy these to impress people, i bought them for me, and I recommend them.
I dont care if someone has a 2004 eclipse with 6 W7's and 15 LCDs that are powered up 5 times in the life of the car. Thats just stupid. I care if someone has a 2004 eclipse with a W7 and a 1000/1 and an alpine DVD player that he uses every day and enjoys. There is a big difference between the same products being pointless and purposeful. And usually cars that people drive every day dont have stuff under the "pointless" catagory.

If I am missing something here and thats why I dislike show cars please tell me? I respect the work but really dont care the least bit. If you cant drive a car, and drive it hard, then its 100% useless in my opinion. Im serious , what am I missing?

Last little not: Why make a sub $20,000 car a show car. If $$$invested>$$initial cost then the car should be fast and stylish. The point of a car is to drive it. Not to park it and watch 50 different 50cent rap videos from the open rear harch.

Last edited by diskreet; 03-22-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
Lv seats are nice
Old 03-22-2005

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of

Last little not: Why make a sub $20,000 car a show car. If $$$invested>$$initial cost then the car should be fast and stylish. The point of a car is to drive it. Not to park it and watch 50 different 50cent rap videos from the open rear harch.
Sure I.C.E based or audio industries are gonna make show cars like that ( the alpine cars) but thats so not the definition of a "show car" have you ever been to SEMA? not just full of astro vans on wires with a wall of 20" subs...lol

To say there are lots of pointless ideas floating around the show scene thats cool.....I 100% agree with Diskreet on that, but to say theres no stylish and fast show cars out there is untrue IMO
Old 03-22-2005

skiboard is on a distinguished road
hell, I guess it's their own car to mess around lol. their way of expressing their self, advertising, and putting creativity.. just like fashion clothing, cellphones, neckless, or what ever. I know this is huge catagory if we get in to but IMO, thats how people express their own creativety. Wouldnt it be same as buying say Racing Hart, big brand name, rather then same quality no name. Buying Huge brand names insted of Wallmart product. We cant all go buy $500000 cars to make it a show car.
I kno if we see people with alot of $$ put in their car, we say "oh I would have done this, that." but I dont think they did it just to throw their money away..cause nobody wants to waist their money...unless their out of their mind..
Old 03-22-2005

but to say theres no stylish and fast show cars out there is untrue IMO
oh i didnt mean show cars arent stylish. I also dont mean these cars arent fast...I disagree with the fact anyone would put this kind of money into and car and only turn it on to show people the fart cannons and to take it in and out of trailers to the shows and garage. thats not a car anymore if you dont drive it.
I know most dont have fart cannons im just exaggerating to make my point.
I just feel you are wasting your money if you cant really enjoy it. no use having a car you dont drive once in a while. even ferrari owners drive theirs when its nice out!
hell look at some street racing videos... people have $100000 NSXs that they beat up but they get more out of that car than a show NSX that cost twice as much. Honestly why have a car if you dont drive it? thats the whole thing i dont understand!
Old 03-22-2005

Agreed....BTW your El Gauges are very pimp
Old 03-22-2005

whose gauges?
Old 03-22-2005

whose gauges?
yours....saw em in your ride pics
Old 03-22-2005

oh thank, but man i cant remember when the $15 mod got compliments over the other like $3000! hehehe. thanks alot tho, i appreciate it. it was pretty easy but the metal trim dresses it up alot to match the white faces. looks good day and night unlike S7's.
Old 03-22-2005

It's all about the details...
Old 03-22-2005

Originally Posted by y.0. KiLLa
nice car! but the civic already looks nice. slap on some rims, grille, tints, lip kit, hids,black out ur lights and use the money for a swap that way ur car will still look nice and it will be super fasT!

but i still like ur caR!
thanks, already have rims black housing lights brows gonna get lip kit and tint possibly hid's soon
Old 03-23-2005

alright clearly everyones lost control of what is going on. i said i like the show aspect of cars lately. never said i was gonna dump tens of thousands of dollars into a civic, never said it would be a trailer queen that is parked and showed off 2 days of the year, never said that the civic cant be fast, never said that show cars arent fast.
my view.
a show car is nice if done right,,, im trying to do what i think is right.
a drag car is nice if done right.... but can just as easily be done wrong as a show car.
you talkin about peopel putting money into cars for show and not driving them. you know that the word trailer queen is originally for drag cars (autox w/e) if someone dumps 20 g's into the engine but doesnt upgrade tranny or suspension or anything isnt that in some way the same as dumping 20 grand into a car for tv's that you wont see......both are pointless.
and its also pointless to dump money into my car if you never drive and enjoy it. << this goes for any type of car.
not all show(ish) cars are never driven and no matter how much i did to my car i wouldnt take it to shows anyways
Old 03-23-2005
Never Too Wide, Never Too Extreme

InOvAtStyL is on a distinguished road
Showcars kinda take themselves to new levels. I say this becuase when I first started to build my car, I just wanted to make it original, but one thing turned into another and competition got the best of me at the shows. Everytime I think I was done wasting money on my car, I would goto a show and get beat by someone. Then I think to myself, next show I go, I'ma beat them...This resulted in my car being the way it is. Over I-don't-know how many grand spent on just body work/ICE/ and interior. No engine work at all. Do I think I wasted my money. HELL NO. My car is now at the shop again to get redone. Dropped another big lumpsome of money. When it comes out of the shop, it's not gonna be my daily driver. So I guess I fall into that catagory of cars that are only driven once a month; to the shows and back. I will however have something under the hood this time around. Asides from personal interest that I build my car, I also use it as a form of advertisement for my company carsoption.com.

Bottom line. People have different reasons for fixing their cars, wether it be motor, show, ice. etc. Just let it be. Different strokes for different folks.

As for the Gucci interior. I don't know bout where you're from, but here in so. cal. it's extremely played out. And it just doesn't belong in a civic. Just my opinion
Old 03-24-2005

^^ thanks for opinions. you mustve been beat alot to get to this point lol jk. gucci really aint that popular here though.