Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

decision has been made.. give your oppinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome man cant wait to see them, I love it when somebody does something completely and totally different from everyone else.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

lostid is an unknown quantity at this point
That is going to be really nice once its done. It's gonna but you back a pretty penny, but all worth it.
Old 03-21-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
any progress at all yet? like they prep the car like sand and all that crap? Working on anything yet or is it sitting? What are they starting with? Painted dash and exhaust are prolly the first things im assuming since they are the easiest. i dunno...just lemme know whats up.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
^^ the exhaust is being done first today, front and rear bumpers fitten.
new slr mirrors put on today. prep work will actually be started on the rear tomorrow.
the font he picks up the z headlights today.
all the major work will begin tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
hmm, not too sure about the 350Z heads matching the benz tails. the benz tails are fairly big and stretched out while the 350Z heads are narrow and have a stretched back look to them. the 350 heads might look out of place because they fit a hatchback design which is a lot more oval/rounded then our civic so it might not look right.... i guess we'll see.

about the celica with 350 heads, i'm sure it didnt look too different because stock celica heads are very similar to the 350 heads..... in design and placement on the car so i'm assuming it matched well. sort of like RSX heads looking almost stock on out civic..... same thing with 350 heads looking closer to stock on a celica cuz of the original headlight design.

anyway, goodluck
Old 03-21-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
wow thats sounding pretty fast. How long does it take to fit/bondo in cutsom heads/tails anyway? Never heard an hour count before and just wondering out of curiosity.
-thanks!
Old 03-21-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
that is one hell of a car you are building there, keep up the good work! cant wait to see pics!
Old 03-21-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by taz757
I've actually seen 350Z headlights on a Celica. I'll see if I can dig out the pictures sometime.
i have the pictures on my other computer. it's a sky blue celica with some crazy funky 5 monitor interior
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

the mercedes taillights are actually not that bad of a fit, they are almost stock size. it requires some work but i was surprised how close it was. the biggest hurdle with the rear is how our lights kinda come out at the top while these go in.
hustle your right in what you say but only time will tell.. i just wanted to do something different. on a celica your right it would be an easy guess or easy choice for a conversion. But its kinda like the cadillac conversion on that 7thgen who woulda ever thought of that.... its just something completly different and prob. wont see alot of on a civic... thats why i went with it. I just hope in the end i dont kick myself in the *** for it... ahahahahahahahahaha
Old 03-21-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
post pics of the process. i'm sure i'm not the only one interested to see what's happening to your car
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

^^ I will. just hard to get out there during the week, shop is about an hour away and i dont get home till 7pm so its kinda hard... but im going back on sat. so ill deff take some pics and post em.
Old 03-21-2005
472rwhp @ 7400 RPMs and 12.93 psi

quick silver has disabled reputation
I admire your undertaking. If you are gonna check up on ya car on a daily or semi-daily basis, don't be discouraged by the progress. This type of custom fab is gonna take a while, and during the initial stages ya car is gonna look pretty "ugly". Also, expect cost increases as the custom fab goes along.

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
^^ I will. just hard to get out there during the week, shop is about an hour away and i dont get home till 7pm so its kinda hard... but im going back on sat. so ill deff take some pics and post em.
Old 03-21-2005
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
I just did I nasty quick overlay in photoshop and it looks like a good idea on the headlights......Are you doing the JT Autostyle wide body?, is that what you mean by nsx vents?
Old 03-21-2005
Premium Member

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Damn Jay sounds sick....Your car is going to look kick ***.....Instead of going back to the Lambo doors, how about reversing the way the doors open, Like suicide doors.....In the 60's the lincoln continental had suicide doors and it looked sick
Old 03-21-2005
The Legend

blackbullet will become famous soon enoughblackbullet will become famous soon enough
Can't wait to see the final outcome.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

stroked_monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
that'll be sweet when its done, i like the color you went with too.
Old 03-21-2005
Registered!!

Dlmille is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah man, sounds sweet! Keep us posted!!!!
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock
I just did I nasty quick overlay in photoshop and it looks like a good idea on the headlights......Are you doing the JT Autostyle wide body?, is that what you mean by nsx vents?
it might not be the best photoshop but could you post it... ild like to get an idea what it will look like LOL....

i appreciate everyones feedback... i will deff. post updated pics each week.
when i go sat. im going to give the shop my digital camera and have him send me pics every few days.

as for the vents, no its not the widebody just the vents and shaved doors... actually i prob. shoulda just got it.. its all the same stuff
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
I would also like to see your car going threw the different phases. I don't know about that NSX vent seems kind of rice to me but hopefully everything gells together nicely.
Old 03-23-2005

eklipz will become famous soon enough
here some pics of the nsx ducts on a 7thgen...looks ****in hot IMO

click pic to make bigger
Old 03-23-2005

Old 03-23-2005

Old 03-23-2005

Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
looking forward to seeing your "new" car...as always. hehe

not a big fan of the z lights, but its def. original, so i gotta give you that. weird thing is i was thinking of suggesting that you do a 300z headlight conversion, but that would have been even weirder looking...so i didnt suggest it. lol
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

eklipz thanks for the pics of the vents !!! i agree i like it alot...
PBFoot .. thats funny !!!! yeah you know me gotta try and be a little different from everyone else...
Old 03-25-2005
dwi

dwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
i like how u still havent answered my PM n made me think u wanted my exhaust all week while i was home
don't be surprised man. "someone" was suppose to get back to me but they didn't and they still continue to ignore my **** while they go on posting their *** off. yo, just answer this, how the hell u become such a jerk? would this be the only way to get ur attention? i understand if u busy but damn, WTF? props for the car but not for who you are. sorry to ***** ur thread or even come out sounding like a jerk but damn! u gotta know where i'm coming from. if not, oh well.
Old 03-25-2005
Registered!!

^^ 1. i was sent to canada, san diago for work to setup 2 new networks so that took up some of my time, so i wasnt here.
2. the hood was cracked so it couldnt be sold, thats part of the reason i just went w/ the headlights too, couldnt keep the hood so figured do something with the stock hood.
3. as for the exhaust i got a better offer from someone else on the boards so i bought that.
Old 03-25-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
sounds like this car is going to be simply obscene..lol. can't wait.
Old 03-25-2005
dwi

dwi is an unknown quantity at this point
so why the hell u ain't say **** man. i send u like a thousand PM's and it's like u don't see them!!! we go from talking everyday about the deal to never hearing from u. i thought we were tight. fine about the hood but what about the other **** like seats, side skirts, wing and kit?!? u know i'd be more than willing to pay for it. i was counting on it. if anything just tell me no and that it. thats all i want.

Last edited by DWI; 03-25-2005 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2005
472rwhp @ 7400 RPMs and 12.93 psi

quick silver has disabled reputation
What side skirts is dude runnin? I might wanna get em for my '04.

Originally Posted by eklipz

Quick Reply: decision has been made.. give your oppinion