Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Opinion on 3.2CL Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Opinion on 3.2CL Type-S

My brother is looking into buying a car this week.

We're pretty much sold on an off lease 2001 3.2CL Type S. 100k (km) were still deciding between a few models as there are lots in stock and prices ranging from 16,500-18. (cdn)

We were looking at this one in particular

http://www.trader.ca/ImportMotors/De...tegory=&alpha=

Im so jeolous, my brother is only getting this car because I wrote off a car last week , luckily no injurys and the cops were 100% on my side and it was deemed not my fault, they even gave the other driver a careless driving ticket well for me anyways

I visited a hole bunch of used car dealerships to day (around the finch/duffrin and chesswood area) and they all sorta reminded me of that punk'd episode where they bust down the door on a car sales warehouse on I think mathew perry.

Regardless this is a pretty sweet machine and think its a good choice for the price

Last edited by AggressiveAdam; 03-17-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Old 03-17-2005
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Those are awesome cars, if the mileage and condition is where your brother wants it, then I would go for it.
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by PoorCollegeBoy
Those are awesome cars, if the mileage and condition is where your brother wants it, then I would go for it.
theres about 40 of em in stock in Toronto so its a matter of hunting down the right one, were definatly not stupid car shoppers, my bros a mechanical engineer so hes pretty good at checking the car over. Im in love with that car though. Brother wants it in automatic though id probably go for the mt if I had that kinda cash + could afford the insurance

My brother wants one without the oem wing, wee bit dissapointed I like the look of a tasteful oem wing
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

TSSCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Great comfortable coupe in my opinion.
Old 03-17-2005
Registered!!

We also figure going for a Honda/Acura car is probably the best bet in terms of maintence, I doubt these cars will throw any surprises at us. We investigated it and there have been issues with the trannys, but thats on most honda automatic trannys.

Other then that we noticed a lot of these cars had rims with evidence of crub rash, we figure the style of rims sorta sticks out a bit because most of the ones we looked at had evidence of it. After a big of talking the dealer said he would swap em for non rashed rims.