Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

here is my retrofitted 03 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikenam is an unknown quantity at this point
here is my retrofitted 03 coupe

a couple of pics of my 03 civic coupe with bmw 3 series projectors. the project isn't finished yet. I need to add shrouds to cover the projectors and re-aim the lights b/c its aiming too low. i need to finish with the wiring so i can use the high and low beams. ill prolly be getting the night shots showing the beam pattern hopefully next week.

thanks to gearbox for the headlights. thanks to 7thgen for the stickie on how to take off the headlights. thanks to hidplanet.com/forums for the info on retrofits.
Old 03-12-2005

smb1.8t has a little shameless behaviour in the past
thats gunna look hot at nite, can't wait to see them in the dark
Old 03-12-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that's a great idea, not like the other guy who made it look all weird. Almost couldn't tell. But there might be an issue with the stock reflector making glare or something. I know that's why the chrome tycs had to be changed and now they have brushed chrome look.
Old 03-12-2005
Registered!!

LucifersInferno is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good, but from the pic it looks like you dont have a shroud around the projector at all. Have you tried them at night yet? Because I would think you would have a lot of glare coming from your headlights with the projectors not being shrouded.
Old 03-12-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i'm going to be doing a similar retrofit in the near future, but with BMW bi-xenons (the ZKWs). how are you mounting the projectors?
Old 03-12-2005
Registered!!

yeah there are no shrouds. i was gonna put them in later. the zkw have nice color from some pics ive seen. initially i was gonna mount it to the housing but i figured i would be easier to adjust when i mount it to the reflector. So mounted it to the reflector.
Old 03-12-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
do you have any pics of how you mounted it?
Old 03-12-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
I would paint the reflector with the same paint you used for the headlights... then add a nice shroud/trim then it would match better (3 chrome circles)
Old 03-12-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
or maybe just paint the bottom of the reflector. Might look strange all black with a circle in the middle.
Old 03-12-2005
Registered!!

i didn't take any pics of how i mounted it. I mounted it right on to the reflector where the original headlight bulb was. With the e46 projectors (bmw) there are four holes which were used to mount to the reflector.
ill try to take pics of the mounting when i put shrouds on but it might be a while.

I like the headlights with the chrome reflector. I wouldn't want all black. The reflector doesn't cause much glare just a little bit. I really do need a shroud. I just haven't had the time to get a shroud.
Old 03-12-2005
Registered!!

whitevic is an unknown quantity at this point
I did the same retrofit, but honestly can't come up with a good idea for shrouds, that doesn't look like it's a freaking eye!! What are you using? Do you have any pictures of it, or could you toss out your idea. I'm in need of some suggestions, and would love to hear what you're doing. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by whitevic
I did the same retrofit, but honestly can't come up with a good idea for shrouds, that doesn't look like it's a freaking eye!! What are you using? Do you have any pictures of it, or could you toss out your idea. I'm in need of some suggestions, and would love to hear what you're doing. Thanks.
you can use a metal dog dish, the metal trim around an oven stove, pvc drainage pipe.

this website is a good starting place.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2822
Old 03-13-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
looks good, those are bi-xenon I assume? Also get dohdoh on hidplanet to make a custom wiring harness for you. He does AMAZING work.
Old 03-13-2005

silverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the roughsilverem2 is a jewel in the rough
also, would love a diagram of how you mounted those, cause im contemplating doing a oem headlight bixenon retro.
Old 03-13-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
looks nice!!!

Infinite012, i just realized thats what you were asking in another post in lighting, you were asking whether you should just une tycs or retro them into oem like he did... sorry.

Injen
Old 03-13-2005
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
looks real good
Old 03-13-2005

Originally Posted by SilverEM2
looks good, those are bi-xenon I assume? Also get dohdoh on hidplanet to make a custom wiring harness for you. He does AMAZING work.
dohdoh made my harness and it doesn't fully function. i have no high beams.

Originally Posted by injencivic
looks nice!!!

Infinite012, i just realized thats what you were asking in another post in lighting, you were asking whether you should just une tycs or retro them into oem like he did... sorry.

Injen
yep, that's what i was asking. still unsure if i should do it or not.
Old 03-13-2005
Registered!!

whitevic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mikenam
you can use a metal dog dish, the metal trim around an oven stove, pvc drainage pipe.

this website is a good starting place.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2822
I'm aware of all of those ideas, and have tried several of the ones suggested. To me, they look terrible, and give it the, "eye" look, which I'm trying to get away from. Thanks though.
Old 03-13-2005

well unless you make a fibeglass mold for it, its always gunna have that eye look, or shrouds that are angled greatly.
Old 03-13-2005
Registered!!

my harness doesn't make use of the high beam either. im gonna have to fix that later. there are a couple of diy to be able to wire up the bi-xenon solenoid but i havn't had time to make one yet. mabey ill just buy it from some one.
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

here is a pic of the bi-xenon wires.

Old 03-24-2005
Registered!!

the color at the cuttoff. Used #7 or 8 sized washers (forgot which size i used).

Old 03-25-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Damn nice retrofit.. Thats what I would like to do with oem headlights....
Old 03-26-2005
2004 Honda Civic EX

Civic404 is an unknown quantity at this point
lookin good
Old 03-26-2005
Registered!!

the only problem now is everytime i turn on the highbeam the solenoid moves the shield down but the lights turn out. another forum told me to "tap the low beam input wire to the combination switch and connect it with an output wire for the low beam. This would require factory wiring diagrams and a little jumper wire under the dash."

anybody know where i can find the wiring diagram?
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

okay i found out all i have to do is add a diode from the high beam to the low beam. use a 1n4001 diode.
Old 03-28-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Old 03-28-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
thats a pretty clean job you did... looks awesome!