Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New grill and eyelids on need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005
Vic's almost done... thats sorta depressing...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
New grill and eyelids on need opinions

Hey guys and gals, I just put on my "type-r" upper grill and "c/f" eye lids, the reason for the quotes is because both those descriptions are bs but whateve, and it look pritty good, but I dont know how to go now w/ the look of my car, the two lanes im debating on are...

Style one: keep the upper grill black, get a c/f hood, paint the sholders of the hood silver and paint the second set of eyelids I have silver, tint the headlights black and put on my oem nightshaded tail lights....

Style two: paint the upper grill silver, put my lower grill back on (silver mesh, check the website for old pics in my sig) get a mugen style front lip and type-r sideskirts, and a new rear bumper (my rear is kinda f'ed up due to a run in w/ a 2x4 falling off a truck ) and way down the road getting a VIS platinum c/f hood ( the platinum line is a silver c/f)

Just lookin for some thoughts... THANKS!

Old 03-08-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
... do this:

oh and im going to be putting an RS lip kit all around if the money ever comes in. hopefully.
Old 03-08-2005

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
paint the grill lip and eyelids just like the diskreet's car and mine.
Old 03-08-2005

Octane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud ofOctane Joe has much to be proud of
That looks pritty sweet!
Old 03-08-2005

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
yeah it would look nicer if you painted them to match
Old 03-08-2005
Registered!!

Inferno333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can you buy those blacked-out tailights?
Old 03-08-2005

Originally Posted by Inferno333
Where can you buy those blacked-out tailights?
well, ebay for ok euro style ones, but the ones in my pic are the factory 01 taillights with nightshades sprayed on them It was realy easy to do, just get a little masking tape to tape off the reverse light and then just go nutz... just be shure not to over tint them or it will be hard to see the running lights at night and the popo will be all over ya! I speak from experiance on that one, lol.
Old 03-08-2005
Registered!!

jamie_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Silver Civic
well, ebay for ok euro style ones, but the ones in my pic are the factory 01 taillights with nightshades sprayed on them It was realy easy to do, just get a little masking tape to tape off the reverse light and then just go nutz... just be shure not to over tint them or it will be hard to see the running lights at night and the popo will be all over ya! I speak from experiance on that one, lol.
where can you get the spray?
Old 03-08-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by diskreet
... do this:

oh and im going to be putting an RS lip kit all around if the money ever comes in. hopefully.

yea do that, but if you get a cf hood, dont touch the grill .... and if u paint the sides of the hood, then ya paint them silver... thats it end of story :-D
Old 03-08-2005
Premium Member

7thGENDMAN is on a distinguished road
I think the black with a cf hood would look sick. Maybe because thats what I have, but who cares. Whatever you think looks good. DUDE, Just noticed your in Hampshire. I live in Huntley. My P's live right off of 20 and harmony road. Hit me up. Maybe we can hookup and cruise some time.

DMAN
Old 03-08-2005

Originally Posted by jamie_civic
where can you get the spray?
summitracing.com has it for like $14
Old 03-08-2005

Originally Posted by 7thGENDMAN
I think the black with a cf hood would look sick. Maybe because thats what I have, but who cares. Whatever you think looks good. DUDE, Just noticed your in Hampshire. I live in Huntley. My P's live right off of 20 and harmony road. Hit me up. Maybe we can hookup and cruise some time.

DMAN
Sweet, hell yea, I knew it was only a matter of time b4 I ran into someone out by me instead of Socal, no offence, just suprised w/ all the hondas out my way that I have yet to run into any online... any ways here is a couple of photo shop pics I did... I kinda like this but dont know if I should stay w/ chrome rear lights or blackout ones.... hummmm I suppose it dont matter since I have both already, just change them from time to time, lol

Old 03-08-2005
Registered!!

Civic_Gurl030 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey where can i get a grill??? i like it and i want it haha
Old 03-08-2005

I got mine off ebay for pritty cheap, it seems like good quality and very easy install...
Old 03-08-2005
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good
Old 03-08-2005

thnks!
Old 03-08-2005
Since 2002 Baby!

chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
coolness
Old 03-08-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
id say go wit the mugen lip and sideskirts cus thats the set up i want but cant find either the lip or skirts ANYPLACE!!!!! ive got the lids n grille too.... getting pretty common online but havent seen any1 near me with either
Old 03-10-2005

I found a good price on the sideskirts $160 for the type-r and $90 for the rear lip, but I gotta find a bumper replacement so Ill probibly get like a r33 real bumper... dontknow... but Im thinkin after I did the photoshop Im gonna go buy a cf hood asap!
Old 03-11-2005
Registered!!

JWalker is an unknown quantity at this point
get some LED window washers and a large VTEC sticker for your window, then it will look good.
Old 03-11-2005
Electric Boogaloo...

PopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to beholdPopcornPlaya is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, JWalker, you're a moron.

Anyway, I say to either keep it all black and get a CF hood, ot paint it like diskreet's. If you get the CF hood, don't put the silver trim on the front of it, keep it all CF.
Old 03-14-2005
Registered!!

lostid is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go with black upper grille, black tinted headlights and then have silver painted eyelids.