Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

sidemarker opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
sidemarker opinions

ok me want some of them

but first, need y'all thoughts on it!

i have a 2004 Midnight Black Pearl coupe. should i go clear/amber bulb or all amber? (oh yeah, havent/not planning on clearing the headlight turns)

also, should i just go standard bulb or LED's? doesnt gearbox have the LED ones? i kinda am leaning towards the LED ones but i dunno...

oh yeah, anything i should worry about when buying a pair? dont go to pepboys eh? haha. any tips on installing them/anything to watch out for for a semi-DIYer? (ive read the DIY already).
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
go amber man...amber on black = hottness
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I have j-spec clear markers. Very nice design and matches clear headlights. Leds were in them at one time, but not nearly bright enough. Leds are very hard to see during the day. I have orange bulbs in there now, still waiting on polarg visual bulbs that are supposed to be shiny ion yellow coated during the day and amber when on.
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

wow gearbox you are on here a lot huh hehe. that was a superquick reply

now in terms of quality, what should i do? just not go down to the local pepboys huh... go to a tunershop or something?
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

my first markers were apc. Big mistake cause they looked stupid and got yellow from the sun. The j-spec is really nice from robearracing and cheap too.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
do amber!, its the only way to go... thats it, end of story
Old 02-20-2005
The Rizing Sun

Akutenshi is on a distinguished road
hey gearbox why do u want amber bulbs that look yellow during the day when they arent lit?
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

Cause it looks cleaner than the dark orange. I've tried everything from leds, to chrome coated bulbs, to white, to hyper white and didn't like any of em.
Old 02-20-2005
The Rizing Sun

oo ic... im guessing the chrome coated ones had shitty amber color at night? thats what happened with the chrome coated turns i got. looked nasty. but during they day they were nice
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

yup exactly. The chrome made them very dim and a dull color at night. The polargs are coated but they are also 2x brighter than stock. Same voltage but it has that rating like 5w = 10w. Which actually works. I have raybrig clear hyper bulbs in my dome lights and compared to stock they really are 2x brighter.
Old 02-20-2005
Registered!!

ebencosme has a little shameless behaviour in the past
side markers are old and they look like **** on our cars just go clear or paint the lights with yellow amber would look hot with you're color i did my clear cuz my car is silver and it look hot. i could either go black but would like to put c/f hood on and some black wheels i mean thas my idea of turning the car into a hotttie i can send you a pic of it send me you're email...
Old 02-20-2005
Premium Member

I think they look fine. Actually civics overseas come stock with sidemarkers.

These are my j-spec clear sidemarkers.
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

Yoyoio is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
I think they look fine. Actually civics overseas come stock with sidemarkers.

These are my j-spec clear sidemarkers.
was wiring hard at all?
Old 02-21-2005
The Rizing Sun

damn ya kno what, i want side markers but im still hesitant about the whole isntal process. ive read the DIY. but cutting into my own fenders scares the **** out of me. ahaha. how much would a shop charge me to instal them for me?
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Go for the amber they look cleaner.
Old 02-21-2005
Premium Member

it's a simple diy. Just follow what it says. I cut mine a bit too much but just put silicon on the back to stick it. Those things won't budge now. Wiring well they have a plug but I had to break it and run two wires from the marker. One goes to power, the other to ground. It depends on how you want em wired. For regular blinking with signal, power goes to the green wire of the front turn bulb and ground to the black wire. Or you could tap the red wire instead of green and they come on with parking lights. Or tap red and green both and have them stay on with parking light AND flash alternately with signal.
Old 02-21-2005
The Rizing Sun

hm.. so tapping the red and green will make them come on and stay on with the parking lights. and have them flash also when u turn.

that wiring work for the 04's as well? dont the 01-03s have 2 different bulbs for turn signals n parking lights or something
Old 02-21-2005
Premium Member

Yea. 01-03 has a turn/parking bulb in the corner and a small parking light only in the middle. The 04 only has one corner signal/parking light, which still has the three wires.

So here's what happens when you tap the red and green wires.

when parking lights are on, sidemarkers will stay on. (But when signal is used with parking lights on, the sidemarkers will flash out of sequence with the front signal).

With parking lights off, the sidemarker will flash in sequence with the front signal.
Old 02-21-2005
The Rizing Sun

ew out of sequence. that sounds ugly. ahaha

oh btw, what size bulb is the side marker bulb? and do they make one that stays on and blinks even brighter? like my 1157 turn signal bulb, its always on but wen i turn it blinks even brighter. same w/ the emergency light function
Old 02-21-2005
Premium Member

Sidemarker is 194. You won't find any that use double filament bulbs. That's why I just have mine like normal and only flash with the signal. Only ricers have sidemarkers that stay on all the time
Old 02-21-2005
The Rizing Sun

lol is that so? but yeah i guess im gona do the same thing then, have em only come on during the turn signal.
Old 02-21-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i got my amber ones from robearracing...picked them up when i went down there with a friend...im gonna set it up so its on all the time and blinks...more of a safety issue since i blacked out my 04 headlgithts the coner blinkers arent as bright as they used to be
Old 02-21-2005
The Rizing Sun

hah RICER! lol jp. i dont really think its rice.

how u gona do it ragingspam
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

Berg_Tomaru is an unknown quantity at this point
Go amber!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	p obb p chai2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	48038  
Old 02-21-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i have a template for the sidemarkers so im just gonna use those and a dremel and some other air tools my skool has
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Berg_Tomaru
Go amber!

OMG HOTNNESSS!!!! amber is the only way to go IMO, and as for that car, that is sick!!!!! 5 lug ... mmmm
Old 02-21-2005
Registered!!

diggaflip is an unknown quantity at this point
amber
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

so for the sidemarkers with the slope on them, is the longer-sided slope supposed to face towards the front of the car?
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

macH is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 02civic_rida
do amber!, its the only way to go... thats it, end of story
well said

Quick Reply: sidemarker opinions