Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Well here is my tinting job what do you think??? (Resized Pics 4 Easier Viewing)!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Talking Well here is my tinting job what do you think??? (Resized Pics 4 Easier Viewing)!!!

Ok well this week-end I decided that I wasn't going to pay 250 bucks to get my car done and did it myself... I guess writting up stuff is pretty useless as you guys will tell me that pics says it all..

I will comment on a couple of items and pics though...

First of all I am technically inclined like a few other members here so I decided to take the windows right off the car...My goal wasn't to save time but to do a perfect job without risking screwing up the Tint..

As some of you know working with tint is very very difficult..You have to have a very clean environment to start with and all the propper tools..

Second Get a Brand new exacto or cutter with plenty of new blades, why ??because when you cut tint its like cutting glass and after 1 or 2 passes the blades will get dull really fast......

Ok I know some of you will say BLA BLA BLA you don't need to take the windows off.. Well I havn't tinted in 5 years so it gets complex to slide the tint between all the moldings etc etc...

As youll see I was set up in my dinning room right table...Hahaha my house my rules i guess

The outcome is nothing less than spectacular......
Enjoy

Oy yeah and the best part is what????
It cost me 75 Dollars.... This includes all materials

Btw in one of the pics there is a towel between the fram and the window..
I did this so that when you reinsert the window with the tint you dont wind up scratching the **** out of it ....

REPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
lolll
Hey ill do yours for free if you want

Last edited by _Viper_; 12-16-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2005
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
that is cool.. it looks really good!!! but what about the back window?? I would tint myself but I just think the back window would kill me
Old 02-07-2005
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
Looks good
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted
looks great but why not the back window????
Old 02-07-2005

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Well I just got the tint tonite for 20 bucks and I will go ahead and try it out...
I was told that it is one piece because it is not that curved......

Ill do it and post pics...
I know you have to spray the back glass the lay the tint down and cut out all of the rear window then go inside clean and try to tint..Ill need a hair dryer for this I believe
Old 02-07-2005
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
wow.. looks damn good..
Old 02-07-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
tint is amazing... i just got mine done today...all around cept windshield at 20%. i got the 3M stuff for 125...took like an hour and a half or so
Old 02-07-2005

Originally Posted by mradam85
looks great but why not the back window????
Well I thought i would have to cut the tint in 2 on the rear glass..I was told no its one piece so I purchased 32 inch long tint and now im doing it ...
Old 02-07-2005

Originally Posted by i8dabomb
tint is amazing... i just got mine done today...all around cept windshield at 20%. i got the 3M stuff for 125...took like an hour and a half or so
Pics????
Id love to see your job
Old 02-07-2005
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
dang that sounds like a lot of work to do the back window! =o I think I'll take mine somewhere to have it done... when I get the money lol
Old 02-07-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
nice job, way to DIY
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

Blkcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Good job, must took you the whole day!
Old 02-07-2005

Originally Posted by Blkcivic
Good job, must took you the whole day!
I did it in two days actually.lollll

For 75 buck it was worth it..

I got Lumar window film..It is truly awsome tint
Old 02-07-2005
I love to suck t3h c0ck & am supr ghey

i8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nicei8dabomb is just really nice
Originally Posted by _Viper_
Pics????
Id love to see your job
my friend took pics with his digi cam...waiting for those. i didnt do it myself if that was what you were thinking..got it done professionally
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

jemdogs is an unknown quantity at this point
I know you have to spray the back glass the lay the tint down and cut out all of the rear window then go inside clean and try to tint..Ill need a hair dryer for this I believe
when i had my tint done i stuck around and watched the whole thing. when he did the back window he used one huge sheet and used a heat gun to shrink it to fit to the curve of the window. it took him forEVER, he spent prolly 50% of the time on the back window, then youll have to take apart your rear deck to get it in, unless you want to cut around your brake light which looks cheap imo.

good work on the rest of the car, looks great!!
Old 02-07-2005
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
looks good.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

DrOpPeD2k2CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good but who was gonna charge 250$ to tint your windows?? thats outrageous
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

caliart is an unknown quantity at this point
hey good job on the tint
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

cmeias is an unknown quantity at this point
the back window is the hardest but aslong as you take your time and use enough soapy water you should fine the rest of your glass looks great. I have a coupe and did the whole job in about 2.5 hours. used up 1.5 just on the back.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

slvrcivic will become famous soon enoughslvrcivic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by DrOpPeD2k2CiViC
looks good but who was gonna charge 250$ to tint your windows?? thats outrageous
most places in pitt quoted me $220 for tint. I passed.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

DrOpPeD2k2CiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by slvrcivic
most places in pitt quoted me $220 for tint. I passed.
thats crazy.. Its 140-160$ around here for tint any percent you want it
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

slvrcivic will become famous soon enoughslvrcivic will become famous soon enough
plus tax... forgot that.

so $235.40 out the door. I was down in florida last spring break and saw a bunch of ads for 75.00 bucks. Obviously it was probably junk tint, but still. Nothing like that around here at all.
Old 02-07-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
looks like a really good job.

ummm... it cost me $180 for all 5 windows on my sedan and lifetime warranty.
Old 02-07-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
wow i'm very impressed!!!!!! Nice work. Looks professionally done. You should start your own business of tinting. lol.
Old 02-08-2005
Titanium Metallic. You got a problem with that?

Nodnero has a spectacular aura aboutNodnero has a spectacular aura about
w0w. I could never do that myself. Nice job.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

typeRDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
The tint looks good, props cuz I would never be able to do tint.
I just went with my friend to get his jeep tinted but all he had done was the front windows matched with the stock tint in the rear still turned out clean. costed him 50 bux for the front 2 windows with a lifetime warraunty.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Ok well this week-end I decided that I wasn't going to pay 250 bucks to get my car done and did it myself... I guess writting up stuff is pretty useless as you guys will tell me that pics says it all..

I will comment on a couple of items and pics though...

First of all I am technically inclined like a few other members here so I decided to take the windows right off the car...My goal wasn't to save time but to do a perfect job without risking screwing up the Tint..

As some of you know working with tint is very very difficult..You have to have a very clean environment to start with and all the propper tools..

Second Get a Brand new exacto or cutter with plenty of new blades, why ??because when you cut tint its like cutting glass and after 1 or 2 passes the blades will get dull really fast......

Ok I know some of you will say BLA BLA BLA you don't need to take the windows off.. Well I havn't tinted in 5 years so it gets complex to slide the tint between all the moldings etc etc...

As youll see I was set up in my dinning room right table...Hahaha my house my rules i guess

The outcome is nothing less than spectacular......
Enjoy

Oy yeah and the best part is what????
It cost me 75 Dollars.... This includes all materials

Btw in one of the pics there is a towel between the fram and the window..
I did this so that when you reinsert the window with the tint you dont wind up scratching the **** out of it ....

REPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
lolll
Hey ill do yours for free if you want
damn $75 to do it yourself. I paid about $50 more and had a shop do it with Lumar 5% all the way around. Been on my car for over 3 yrs now and still looks good.
Old 02-08-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
Old 02-08-2005
I'm The Ballz Of 7th Gen

MishBallzEM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DrOpPeD2k2CiViC
Yeah, no Kidding! Places around here charge 90-100 bucks for a whole car...$250 is nuts, they better hook you up with a couple free struts or something for that price, lol
Old 02-08-2005

Hey Guys You have to Remember that i am a Canadian and I pay in Canadian currency which means I get fawked all the time so if someone pays 180 american here that like 250 canadian.....

We get screwed

Quick Reply: Well here is my tinting job what do you think??? (Resized Pics 4 Easier Viewing)!!!