Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What to buy, another tax return thread

Old 02-03-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
What to buy, another tax return thread

So I eFiled my tax return today. In about 7-10 days I will have 3100 bucks. I have some things I want to buy, but cant decide what to get, so give me some opinions here on what you would do with it. I want to know what you would pick below. Here are the choices:

1)I could easily afford all this and have about 5-700 left!
-Custom Leather interior in black/grey (dash, seats, doors, roof, something with the carpet as well)
-Dip smaller interior pieces such as pillars and vents and misc things in CF. I can get it done For 3 or 4 bucks a sq ft. So it would be very nice, not a overlay crap like ebay sells.
-Lightened Flywheel/New Clutch
-Nitrous
-AEM pullies
-Headers/High Flow Cat

2)I would not have a damn dollar left!
Turbo

If you could choose number 1, or number 2, what would it be. I am thinking #1. I have a blue vinyl dash and tan doors and everything else. I want it done professionally, I attempted the dash. I am not happy with it anymore. Nitrous would be able to basically hang with a turbo'd car somewhat and I could whoop on sh** talkin ricers. We have tons of slow cars talkin crap in Phoenix. I am in need of a new clutch. Me and 3 of my friends learned to drive stick in my car, and it has 90,000 miles on it. The other stuff will help with the nitrous a little, i have exhaust, intake is gonna be here in 2 days, and I need headers for the nitrous w/new cat since I have an LX. I think the CF would just be oh so pimp, since I rarely ever see anybody with Custom Dipped CF pieces. Only the cheap kits you buy. I will have all pillars and vents and the cd player console and everything small dipped. Prob the center console as well. Leather would feel/look/ and SMELL AWESOME! So I am thinking #1

Now turbo on the other hand. I would just be in complete love. I would be so broke though. I might be able to get one for 2000 3 or 4 weeks old. with upgrades I believe. I would still have a blue dash and tan doors though. I could always do nitrous now, and turbo in a few months or next year.

What would you do? I have about 10 days til my money is here tops! I want to make the right decision. I think #1 would be more beneficial, but turbo is just sick as f***! Help!
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

05rallyered should not be trusted
2,who cares what the inside looks like,get the turbo u know you want it
Old 02-03-2005

Thats what my friend said today. He calls me up and I say what I want, he said screw that, get a turbo. You will love it so much more. Thats whats got me thinking about it. I just dont want all the money gone, and Ive been wanting that blue off for months now. Do you know if I can buy a stock dash? I do want a turbo so badly though. Ive been reading everything on them for months now, and I feel safe to own one, but not install it myself. I can get free installs on sh** anyways. I really do want a turbo though.
Old 02-03-2005
Godlike member

ex_03 is on a distinguished road
yea you can allways pimp the inside later, MMMM turbolishious...
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
its a no contest...GO TURBO!!!!!
Old 02-03-2005
Type Skivic

TeRRoRiFiC35 is an unknown quantity at this point
k20a2 swap, or donate it to me
Old 02-03-2005

::couch::f*** you::cough::

j/p How bouts you donate some money to me

Now if I get a turbo, my clutch would go out pretty quick from it, so I would be SOL for a month or two. I want the turbo so badly, but Im not sure I will buy it right now. Ill be getting commissions off million dollar deals in a few months, so maybe than turbo after my car looks pimp? and I could always sell the nitrous and have more money towards a turbo in a few months.

I just want that push in the back of my seat, and when you shift it sounds so sweet. Nitrous on the other hand just makes ya fast with a not so nice setup. Plus I have to pay to fill it up.
Old 02-03-2005
JJJ
Registered!!

JJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go turbo but then again your car would be in the shop for about a month, it sucks for people that have a civic as a daily driver.
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

slicksivik will become famous soon enoughslicksivik will become famous soon enough
number one, no contest, u wanna have a decent car with a lil pep and not be broke, or u wanna be broke with a car thats fast, but is gonna need more money then u have to maintain it. just get nitrous and save for a turbo later, ull have a new car by then anyways
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

gaugeof12 has a spectacular aura aboutgaugeof12 has a spectacular aura about
I would go with option 1, your car would look nicer and be more fun to drive. Plus you would have some $$ left. If you go with option 2 you should have enough $$ for the kit, install & MAYBE tuning. But @ 90k miles there is always the posibility of little SUPRISES with a turbo, and would you have the $$ to fix any major problems. I know EVERYONE is gonna say turbo, but if it was me I would go with 1 and and maybe do a little more engine build-up. Then when you can put together a little more scratch you could get the turbo.
Old 02-03-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Go with number one... and with the left over get ur trunk custom and throw in some kick *** sound to your car.
Old 02-03-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
save up another 2G's or so and do a rsx-s swap
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

ZodCivik is an unknown quantity at this point
Id do the leather interior, and thats it. Nos is so ricer.
Old 02-03-2005
Boosting Daily

EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
I would just fix up the interior. At 90k, she's pretty much past her prime.
Old 02-03-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
one word....TURBO!
Old 02-03-2005
Boosted Auto

deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point

there ant nothing like a turbo
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
How do you get so much money back...whats your total gross income? or what have you done differently from me
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

cdmx will become famous soon enoughcdmx will become famous soon enough
If you think you can afford is sometime soon RSX-S SWAP is better than ANything else

you will never have to worry about turbo failing or not working corrrectly....RSX SWAP!!

but otherwise...turbo, then tuning
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ZodCivik
Nos is so ricer.
You can be yelling that at him as he flys by you. Sorry man I couldnt resist it.

Anyway man I would go with number one you get so much more done all at one time, plus you said it yourself that you hate your interior, and thats what you spend the most time looking at anyway, so if you hate it you may have a turbo but you'll still be wishing your interior looked better. Also like you said your clutch is gonna be fried in about a week or two and then you cant even drive it. Plus what else might go wrong with it. With the nitrous you'll have everything you want and might can even beat some turbo cars on here, depending on what shot you run.
Old 02-03-2005

Thanks for inputs. I am leaning towards number 1. I was starting to lean towards turbo, but 1 would be more benfecial. I really dont care if my motor blows, since I can get another one for a few hundred installed. I will have enough money to replace that for sure if I need to, but turbo is higher maintenance and more money. Nitrous I can afford to fill up when I need to. Nitrous may be ricer to somebody, but thats your opinion. Of course I would rather a turbo, but I cant afford it, and I need some speed for certain times. Nitrous will work just fine on whooping people a**! Plus I could probably get some work done on the motor while I have it, than get a turbo or new engine and turbo. Img etting like a 1-200,000/yr raise in a couple months. Just need to finish school to make some bank. Ill be done with school in a month or month and a half Than I will probably do turbo and maybe k24 with K20a2 head.
Old 02-03-2005
Registered!!

05rallyered should not be trusted
awww u *****
Old 02-04-2005

What mada facka!
Old 02-04-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
why are you driving a civic if youre making 100,000-200,000/yr?
Old 02-04-2005
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
k20a2 swap, or donate it to me
i agree... screw the turbo... K20a2 all the way!

Injen
Old 02-05-2005

I am not yet, but within a month or two I should be having the biggest raise Ill ever recieve (lets hope not). I will always keep my vic. I am planning on a A4 convertable or a TL. I love those cars, very clean. I am not gonna go for the fastest, Im gonna save my vic for that. But for reals, this was like my first true love, and I will not get rid of it for at least 10 years. Just keep it garaged, and mod the hell out of it until there is nothing else I can do. My goal is no less than 4-500 HP in the next year and a half. Lets see what happens though, Ill have a couple hundred at least by the end of the year.

Some guy down the street from me has a Brand new Ferrari and a RSX-S. I want to own a lot of cars. I want a older civic hatchback as well.